It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking: Alien contact could be risky

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
many people still don't pay attention, even though it's Hawking saying it.

Well that is the problem... just look at the replies in the thread

When he speaks about physics... he is the smartest man in the world
When he speaks about traversable wormholes people start to wonder
When he speaks of Aliens he has lost it, is now stupid or a government shill

When Edgar Mitchel went to the moon... he was a hero
When we find out he did RV experiments while on that trip people start to wonder
When he tells us aliens and UFOs are real he is senile, a nut case and just trying to get attention

Does no one see the stupidity of that kind of thinking?
Lemmings all of ya
Its true there will be no disclosure

Yawl cant;t handle the truth, because when faced with it, the speaker is made into a fool or government tool because it goes against what the 'learned' poster here want to believe

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
you know why that reason sounds the most plausible?

because it's the end conclusion in a multitude of different trails of different trains of thought.

we would do the same with the capabilities necessary and we know it.

keplar-b22 anyone??
we just found an earthlike planet and we're already dreaming up ways to get across 600 light years.

space colonies is the most rational style of a nomadic space species of advanced intelligence.
scoping out planets with technical mapping technologies and using AI. robotics mining tech in within OUR scope of reasoning, therefore it should be included in any intelligent species other then our own.

add a militaristic compenent that we live and you better damn well recognize the easy possibility that the first alien race we ever come in contact with might not have the best intentions in mind. do we have the best intentions in mind?? all the time????

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I can believe the theory behind it as a plausible possibility.
Sure,there maybe a race of beings hellbent on raping planets for their natural resources for their own good.
But for what?
Water?Gold? Other resources?
It has been shown that it is plentiful throughout the universe in the right places,the right environments.

So,why Earth?
Because of the sentient beings that reside here?
Just wondering.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by NightGypsy
many people still don't pay attention, even though it's Hawking saying it.

Well that is the problem... just look at the replies in the thread

When he speaks about physics... he is the smartest man in the world
When he speaks about traversable wormholes people start to wonder
When he speaks of Aliens he has lost it, is now stupid or a government shill

When Edgar Mitchel went to the moon... he was a hero
When we find out he did RV experiments while on that trip people start to wonder
When he tells us aliens and UFOs are real he is senile, a nut case and just trying to get attention

Does no one see the stupidity of that kind of thinking?
Lemmings all of ya
Its true there will be no disclosure

Yawl cant;t handle the truth, because when faced with it, the speaker is made into a fool or government tool because it goes against what the 'learned' poster here want to believe

one of the best quotes I've read in a long time.
could not be more true.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
If you would of asked me what I thought of Stephen Hawkings five years ago I would have told you he was an nwo shill speaking non-stop nonsense to comfort people and stroke their ego. Ignorance is bliss till it is your turn in the slaughter house, then suddenly you can't handle the truth. I don't blame you, I blame the government for this false sense of security it has instilled in everyone.

Anyway better late then never. Now what will happen if he or someone else of top caliber physics tells you "they have been here all along, manipulating governments and their citizens, stealing our natural resources, and planning to cull the herd anywhere between 66% to 90%?" Would you go ape # or fight back? I know what I would do, but then again with a global population of 6billion living in total bliss, it seems to be a lost fight before the fight even begins. Too many spoiled brats fighting each other and thinking they are the sole attraction in the universe, let alone multiverse.

Next time don't be so egotistical and pray to god for mercy!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This is old news.... Search next time and you'll see there's threads of it already.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Just two things the I feel need to be pointed out.

1. Hawkings has a big hand in a DOCUMENTARY. Sell,sell,sell.

2. He says something that pro alien UFOers don't say. He says. " I imagine"

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Aliens in massive spaceships in our Solar System, I do believe in. Purely based on the sheer size of the Universe there is bound to be a least someone out there to pay us a visit. Plus our Solar System is pretty big, I think it would be easy to hide.

I don't think the act of looking for ET will bring any harm.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
We have no idea how evolved we are let alone an infinite number of civilizations around the universe's. Much like an ant trying to work out why a child is trying to kill it with a magnifying glass. We can't even grasp what kind of problems or ambitions aliens might have.

Imagine a creature so large that it eats planets and solar systems to survive.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yawl cant;t handle the truth,

True that, the truth is beyond human imagination, most are not ready.

edit on 123131p://bMonday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
We have no idea how evolved we are let alone an infinite number of civilizations around the universe's. Much like an ant trying to work out why a child is trying to kill it with a magnifying glass. We can't even grasp what kind of problems or ambitions aliens might have.

Imagine a creature so large that it eats planets and solar systems to survive.

Yes, maybe we are being digested,

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
Just two things the I feel need to be pointed out.

1. Hawkings has a big hand in a DOCUMENTARY. Sell,sell,sell.

2. He says something that pro alien UFOers don't say. He says. " I imagine"

Imagination is everything, but what/who plants the seed?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikobellic
reply to post by KAIARAHI

WOW! Dude check your spelling in your post before you go and start calling other people unintelligent! By the way what's an "oter lie form"? Sounds interesting, please elaborate! Oh and all these people getting on here mocking and calling Hawkins an idiot need to realize that these are just theories of his. Just like everyone here has their own theories with no proof, so does he. The thing we need to realize is he has proved things to be real that we can't even begin to imagine.

lol, thanks for the grammer lesson, sorry you found it difficult to figure out what "oter lie form" was supposed to be, guess not everybody has basic skills, so it was meant to be "other life form" hope that clears things up for you mate, cant have you walking around for the next year wondering what an oter lie form is ! lmao.
If you got over yourself and read my post I didn't say Hawkings was unintellegent, although i'm starting to think somebody is, mate !

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Hwaking preparing us for a fake alien invasion?
edit on 12-12-2011 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Well couldn't the "Alienz" be doing it and be the "Gods"?????

I personalty think That is Exactly what Hawking's Means

Says a Type 3 Civilization ! !!

Ready .. My Viral Video! A Video Clip that Everyone should Have

how GOD and Religion created?

edit on 12-12-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by zorgon

Yawl cant;t handle the truth,

True that, the truth is beyond human imagination, most are not ready.

I always hear "you can't handle the truth", and I just laugh. Everybody is desperate for the truth, no matter what it is. It's the lies we can't handle anymore. I think the only reason truth is withheld is because we would all instantly stop being good little slaves. We could handle it alright, just not to the liking of the rulers.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

If this happened we would fight back. Hopefully we would outsmart them.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Religious views
In his early work, Hawking spoke of "God" in a metaphorical sense, such as in A Brief History of Time: "If we discover a complete theory, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason—for then we should know the mind of God."[56] In the same book he suggested the existence of God was unnecessary to explain the origin of the universe.[57] His 2010 book The Grand Design and interviews with the Telegraph and the Channel 4 documentary Genius of Britain, clarify that he does "not believe in a personal God".[58] Hawking writes, "The question is: is the way the universe began chosen by God for reasons we can't understand, or was it determined by a law of science? I believe the second." He adds, "Because there is a law such as gravity, the Universe can and will create itself from nothing."[59][60]
His ex-wife, Jane, said during their divorce proceedings that he was an atheist.[61][62] Hawking has stated that he is "not religious in the normal sense" and he believes that "the universe is governed by the laws of science. The laws may have been decreed by God, but God does not intervene to break the laws."[63] In an interview published in The Guardian newspaper, Hawking regarded the concept of Heaven as a myth, stating that there is "no heaven or afterlife" and that such a notion was a "fairy story for people afraid of the dark."[64][54][56]
Hawking contrasted religion and science in 2010, saying: "There is a fundamental difference between religion, which is based on authority, [and] science, which is based on observation and reason. Science will win because it works."[65]

Hawking contrasted religion and science in 2010, saying: "There is a fundamental difference between religion, which is based on authority, [and] science, which is based on observation and reason. Science will win because it works."[65]
Why is it more credible to believe in aliens, than it is in "GOD - the creator of the universe", when applying Hawking's " observation and reason " definition ? Aliens existence has no credible, observable facts to support it. GOD theory does.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
the terrestrials are
much bigger problem
at the moment,

when alienz from outta space
arrive there will be nothing to
exploit here anyways...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
If an advanced race wanted the earth there would be no way to stop them in my opinion. It's simply too easy for a spacefaring race to put a motor on an asteroid or a couple of asteroids and then put them on a collision course with the Earth. Strike the earth with an asteroid just large enough to kill off all the large mammals and wait 5 to 10 years for the smoke to clear. Even if a few humans survived in caves or caverns they would be no match for an invasion force.

It would simply be a little mopping up and then the colonization would start. And the earth would be ready for it.

Alternate scenario.

The Aliens kidnap a few test subjects to understand how human biology works. Then they configure a nanite virus that would be infectious and they spread the virus around the world. The virus could then do the following.

Kill the human populace when a signal is given.

Or create links in the brain that could "take over" when the signal is given.

Instead of a dead population you would have a slave population of humans on the planet ready to do whatever you requested. And as you take over the humans could also be culled down to a small manageable population of slave laborers and pets. And or dinner if human is on the menu.

Silly humans. You really didn't think you would have the slightest chance of fighting back when the alien overlords come back do you?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join