It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking: Alien contact could be risky

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
Huge ships ready to colonize! That dose not make any sense and hear I am thinking hawking was a genius.

If advanced lifeforms can travel millions of light years to colonize other planets then it would seem they have figured out free energy. With free energy surely they would not run out of resources.

resources and energy are 2 different things

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It could well be " we '' are the natural resource they seek? They could have seeded us hear millions of years ago, knowing we would " run amock" re-producing.When we get to the level they need.....Harvest Time In The Milky Way.

It could be any scenario we as humans dream up. And Hawking is human, I think.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It's always funny to me when people say that any beings who could make it here from another planet, must be highly spiritually evolved and peaceful. People are raising aliens to godlike levels, but look at we earthlings as an example...

Already we're beginning space travel, but the bombs are still falling on children's schools, and people are blind to the politicians' and media's lies.

It probably won't be long until we're capable of more advanced space travel. A hundred years, four hundred? Nothing more than a fleeting second in the grand scheme of things...are people really so naive as to think in that short amount of time, humans as a whole will somehow leave their warlike ways? That the violence and greed within so many people in all levels of society, high and low, will suddenly vanish?

Nope. The first thing on people's minds - at least TPTB - would be what world they can inhabit first, what alien species they can steal or otherwise obtain advanced tech from, and how much extra power and control those things will earn them.

If there are multiple alien species able to travel through space, some are bound to be violent and well versed in lying. Even the peaceful ones wouldn't throw roses and blow kisses if they were threatened or attacked.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hawking is projecting human level technology on 4th dimensional ETs----ETs are gods, wizards that can transform our reality with a blink of an eye.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
I think Hawking is working for the government or something.
Like his job is to scare people about upcoming invasion...
I don't know why is he so "scared" of invasion by aliens, when we don't know if aliens even "exist".
We "haven't" found aliens, have we?

or he's just some vegetable and the scientific oligarchy 'speaks through him' knowing the public is dumb enough to never question anything that has high praise from the intellectual elite....

Originally posted by chrismicha77

If these aliens are millions of technoloy in technoloy, they already know we're here.

AMEN!!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
While there's no way of knowing the likelihood of such an invasion, this much we do know: if indeed we ever got such a visit, such invaders almost certainly would be coming from such an extraordinary distance -- and therefore possess a level of technology we can only fathom -- that we would be treated merely as insects to be tinkered with, pulled apart, and examined closely... like a curious child encountering an ant mound for the first time.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bitsoys
While there's no way of knowing the likelihood of such an invasion, this much we do know: if indeed we ever got such a visit, such invaders almost certainly would be coming from such an extraordinary distance -- and therefore possess a level of technology we can only fathom -- that we would be treated merely as insects to be tinkered with, pulled apart, and examined closely... like a curious child encountering an ant mound for the first time.

so there's ZERO way of knowing the likelihood of an invasion...

while it's definite that they would pull us apart like children playing with ants...

thought ATS denied ignorance... yeesh...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Does anyone else other than myself not give a flying *$^# what stephen hawking says? Yeah hes so smart, so is my dad, and smart people make mistakes as well as stupid people..

why do people even listen to him anymore? ever since He tried to say heaven and hell do not exist and that there is no god, he is definitely one of my most hated people. For him to announce with his own certainty that there is no heaven or god or afterlife..... just why is he still alive? you would think that he would be dead by now in todays world for trying to push his fear mongering onto people. people are killed all the time for less ...

kill stephen hawking so he can truly find out if there exists an afterlife.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
when stephen hawking was younger , he used to express his opinions .
his one and only law was to behave in such a way as to never hurt any other living being or himself .
he would never ever want to manipulate other beings . he merely shared his thoughts , what other people would do with these , well he would always leave the choiche to the other person and always respect the free will of everything around him even if that would mean having to sacrifice himself to some extent .
and mr.hawking still is sacrificing himself against his will all the time by being tied to a wheelchair , which impairs him a lot on a physical level and only a bit on other levels .
stephen was a man of peace , love , honesty , sharing , against violence on all levels .

edit on 12-12-2011 by BoB420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by dilly1

There are 3 factors humans or "ET" vitally need to travel in space,, the ability to perform:

- light speed
- worm holes
- immortality

Well the ability to use wormholes eliminates the need for immortally OR light speed... you simple fold space and step through. Tesla had the answer to space drives 100 years ago, but we chose war instead of science and no one listened to him, yet without him we wouldn't have the car ignition coil, AC electricity or radio

So tone down on calling BS until you actually know something

I refuse to tone anything down because of untrained people like yourself. Nothing is simple, ,as you put it. Your tone on how simple worm holes are or traveling thru them is hilarious. You're just pist I ruined your xmas party .

I'll say it again It is all BS. But I know your track record, you think you have all evidence because you have acquired documentation from the government on aliens in Area51 or whatever(I've seen your nonsense before). You sir are a die hard believer . You are what I call a "Tebow-Alien"= no proof just belief.

Well the "3 vital aspects" are on point and they are vital for any freakin alien to come here or us to go their. Which means it aint happening TA. Can I call you TA.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
monsieur howkyng wouldn't mind what their brothers and sisters would call him .
however he would never commit to anything unless knowing everything there is to know about it .
in past times , the two things left that could genuinely anger him were
other people trying to manipulate other people or him .
but it always depends on the perspective riiiiite ?
thanks right back ta you , homie

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
Huge ships ready to colonize! That dose not make any sense and hear I am thinking hawking was a genius.

If advanced lifeforms can travel millions of light years to colonize other planets then it would seem they have figured out free energy. With free energy surely they would not run out of resources.

Maybe they don't have the ambition to find free energy, maybe they don't care?

We could stop carbon emmisions by thousands and thousands tons in a matter of months. Why don't we?

Maybe there is no such thing as free energy

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by godofme

i've never seen any proof regarding free energy , so to me it does not exist . its as simple as that .

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

In theory. Just because the developed one technology it doesn't mean they developed another. Especially if the technology they use to travel is fueled by an exotic resource and means that is abundant n their galaxy/universe that is rare in our own solar system. The alien species could know a lot but not everything because the universe is pretty big. Perhaps there are unique luxury resources and new elements that are rare where they are from. Perhaps the species could even consume and use elements found on earth. For example uranium could be an alien treat.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

In theory. Just because the developed one technology it doesn't mean they developed another. Especially if the technology they use to travel is fueled by an exotic resource and means that is abundant n their galaxy/universe that is rare in our own solar system. The alien species could know a lot but not everything because the universe is pretty big. Perhaps there are unique luxury resources and new elements that are rare where they are from. Perhaps the species could even consume and use elements found on earth. For example uranium could be an alien treat.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RARARAsputin
No one wages war like a human, Im not concerned.

All they have to do was posion the atmosphere which is deadly to us, but fine with them.

Our entire species dead without 1 bullet fired.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Woohoo! It's nice to see a scientist actually admit that other intelligent life could exist, maybe we can have hope now. It is more than likely that if we were visited it would indeed lead to an invasion as an attempt to colonize, chances are we would be wiped out unless we stood together as one species and somehow defeated them. Now all we need is for the rest of hamanity to humble themselves and open their minds my sitting down their religious book and crate of human ego, then we'll be sitting pretty.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
oh 5hit what are the plants derivating from ruderalis or indica like in the campus ?
do they burn well ?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

Yes aliens exist. Quote me, they do. Saying that they don't would have been like Someone in Europe who knew about the continent of north america, wondering if there are any lifeforms on north america like there is europe. Anyone can use just plain old common sense to understand that there are other lifeforms in the universe. Now the one thing that I don't see any of these scientist types talking about, is the fact that these aliens, if visiting us, would have to be an extremely advanced civilization able to travel vast distances in a short amount of time. I would conclude that with such an extreme intelligence level, being manipulative, aggressive, or opressive agains another species like us would just make things worse. There are much easier ways of getting the things that they want, And I don't think that with intelligence comes destruction, i think it's quite the opposite. We just happen to be in the evolutionary red zone, where we are smart enough to destroy the whole planet, but were to stupid to realize that were all one.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

You are leaning upon human understanding of the universe. There could be exotic fuel sources, as well as unique methods of travel unfathomable by humanity. Also the genetic makeup of an alien species could be significantly different and they may not be immortal but they may have a life span that lasts centuries --> because if they mastered intergalactic travel they may have mastered their own genetic code to manage things like aging in their cosmonauts.

You have to realize that the majority of what humans know about our universe is just made up theory about what a few guys think. Scientist do not know how wormholes work they are guessing.

To say that something is impossible simply based on the little humanity actually knows about the universe is absurd. Your also not taking into account the multi-verse theory where there are an infinite amount of universes constantly being created in the time stream as well as the possibility of multiple dimensions that exist outside of our perceivable 3rd dimension.

If you except the multi-verse theory where there are an infinite amount of universes in which every possibility has occur then it stands to reason in one of the universes there is an alien species (or perhaps even human) that has developed the technology to travel between each unique universe and exist outside of the time stream. And they visited our unique universe. The definition of alien may change because even though their species may have evolved from dinosaurs on an alternate earth they are alien to our unique universe/time stream we currently are conscious of.

If you believe in alternate dimensions and states of existence beyond the 3rd and 4th dimensional. Then it i plausible that intelligent life co-exists with us right now on the planet without actually interacting with matter in the same way that we physically would do. This species would have the ability to phase in and out of our physical dimension. --> if you are a religious individual this would describe the abilities of angels, demons, and Gods all of which ar alien to our current earth because they didn't originate from our unique planet earth.

So in short alien life could and probably already has visited our unique earth in our unique universe.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join