It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Fast Moving UFOs 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Not sure if this one has been posted here before, the title of this video is pretty vague.

If these objects are real, I think we can rule out Chinese lanterns, video in fast fwd speed, and balloons of any kind. The likely explanation is RC devices, but I can't find a similar reproduction of maneuvers like these. I have never seen an RC device move like these, if anyone can produce a video of one with these maneuvers, I'd appreciate it.

Don't accuse me of calling these alien craft please, I don't know what these are and am posting them under "UFOs", not aliens.

If this has been debunked already, I'd love to see the link to it. Thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
They seem to come back to earth as the video ends. I'm thinking radio controlled planes or something like that. Brought in for a landing before their fuel ran out. Especially since they seem to "chase" each other while in the sky.

Just my 2 cents worth....

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

It's new to me, thanks for sharing

I think it's an interesting video. Members will most likely show up and say it's CGI. I'm no expert in the matter so I will patiently await the expert opinions.

If it's CGI then it's well done in my opinion.

I would also probably rule out remote control airplane due to the maneuvers.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I posted this thread a while back with objects that moved and looked rather similar to the ones you have shown us here. The video from my thread made quite the impression across the UFO community in a very short amount of time.

After a thorough investigation by ATS it was proved to be HexaKopter's flown by an R/C club that night. Here's a video of the copters in action. Pretty amazing if ya ask me...

For the record....I want one!!!

edit on 11-12-2011 by webpirate because: additional thoughts

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

The resolution goes up to 480, yet the frames are heavily cropped, have to wonder why, unless it's a setting on the camera, seems counter intuitive to cut off two thirds of your video.

The other issue is the lack of perspective here, as the lights drop behind the trees and fly away, they're the same brightness as they were when they were over head.

So my guess is a poor attempt at CGI, if they had made the lights dim when they got further away, it would be much more convincing.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Those 2 UFOs do seem to have similar moves to the hexacopter. Now we should ask the question, is it likely to be a hexacopter?

www.flixxy.com...

Specifications: Flight time per charge: 15-30 minutes. Payload: up to 3 lbs. (1500 g). Price (Kit): 1.500 Euro ($ 2,000). Pdf brochure at MikroKopter.de

I also found this one which seems to be on the low end selling for $400...

In this economy, I got to wonder how many people exactly are buying and playing with hexacopters in urban areas.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

The lights do change brightness, look at the one that goes behind the pole that stops and reverses direction at the 0:10 mark.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by webpirate

In this economy, I got to wonder how many people exactly are buying and playing with hexacopters in urban areas.

I'd say maybe 1%....

Seriously though. Yeah..they are pretty expensive. That's why I still want one and don't actually own one.

I'd still say my money here is on some type of R/C device. Maybe not the full blown Hexacopters, but some sort of helicopter R/C.
I say R/C rather than CGI because they both end up in the same place like they are landing. Most CGI we see shows the objects flying off into the sky.

edit on 11-12-2011 by webpirate because: additional thoughts

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
They almost move like kites.
Could be glow, or led kites.
or...

could be radioactive glowing pigeons.

edit on 11-12-2011 by Demoncreeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Still doesn't explain why they don't dim as they fly away.

Would you not expect that?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Still doesn't explain why they don't dim as they fly away.

Would you not expect that?

I would depending on the lights that are being used. These seem to be brighter than other night or dusk time RC's I've seen. The sky isn't totally dark yet and these objects seem extraordinarily bright even at a distance. They also seem to reach higher than usual altitudes than the usual RC devices.
I have more questions than hypotheses about these things. I'm not thinking CGI though, that explanation doesn't sit right with me, although my monitor isn't as good as yours may be.
edit on 11-12-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
We should all get a rc helicopter and strap cameras to them. Then fly them high at night scanning the sky for real UFO's. I think with enough people we could get some decent footage.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
RC planes, almost certain. At the end they don't fly away, but come down. They can be see down the street after that, going in to someones yard.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Notice in the OP video how the light that is supposed to be in the sky moves in front of the overhead that appears at the top at about 5 seconds.

edit on 11-12-2011 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2011 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47
Notice in the OP video how the light that is supposed to be in the sky moves in front of the overhead that appears at the top at about 5 seconds.

No, it is not CGI and that cloth whatever thing has holes in it, it didn't go in front of it.
I can't say for certain it's RC's just because they appeared to land in someone's yard or "didn't fly off", I'd need more than that, I will try to get a location and/or original video from this YT user that posted this one.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Originally posted by xpoq47

No, it is not CGI and that cloth whatever thing has holes in it, it didn't go in front of it.
I can't say for certain it's RC's just because they appeared to land in someone's yard or "didn't fly off", I'd need more than that, I will try to get a location and/or original video from this YT user that posted this one.

I agree the object in question looks like it goes in front of the rope at 5 seconds. This hints to being some kind of light glare deliberately being used to pull a hoax. Kinda jumps around like light glare as well.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Interesting video. No idea what those are.

And still no one has talked seriously about *data* regarding the speed, size, brightness, etc, of those lights in the original video. There are ways to determine such things....

The user webpirate claims that the HexaKopter or something like it "moved and looked rather similar to the [objects] you have shown us here."

Is any analysis required before simply accepting the Hexakopter / RC plane theories? Of course! Anyone know the Hexakopter's top speed in horizontal flight? Or max vertical speed (ascending)? It's actually not that hard to find such data on the web. It's also pretty straight forward, given the standard items in the environment in the original video, to estimate the speed of those objects in a few places. They are not Hexacopters, to put it bluntly, and anyone who has taken and passed a high-school level pre-calculus course could, if forced at gunpoint, basically prove that statement. (And that is before even bringing up the significant issue of radiance....)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm not sure what the objects are in the video are, but what I found interesting is how the size of the objects don't change as they move further away from the camera.

I wish I could find the video of the guy explaining how he faked a UFO video by using one of his kids light up toys and a very clean glass window. If I remember correctly he eventually released a video on how he did it because the media started to contact him wanting to interview him on the UFO he caught on camera.

When ever I see a video like this it reminds me of the incident I just described above.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by shamdaddy

"Light glare" ?

The objects are "in front of" things?

You sure?

Each is clearly not a glare. Each goes behind nearby objects and has its visibility or apparent brightness affected by them, whichever object you're referring to.

I'm all for skepticism, but....

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeaAndStrumpets

And still no one has talked seriously about *data* regarding the speed, size, brightness, etc, of those lights in the original video. There are ways to determine such things....

Anyone know the Hexakopter's top speed in horizontal flight? Or max vertical speed (ascending)?

This one got to 80kph, 49.7mph...

He has a lot of hexacopter videos - www.youtube.com...

This is a high altitude hexacopter with video in daylight, that 1 goes pretty high...

I don't know, if these are hexacopters they must be pretty damn expensive to top those speeds and altitude so quickly, and from the look of the area, the medium income is probably $30,000-$45,000/year, which comes to $0 extra after bills, rent, mtg, car pmt, food, gas, insurances, cc bills, student loans, taxes, entertainment costs, etc. for TWO decent hexacopters.
edit on 11-12-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join