It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I have a Bank Loan,that is not mine![WTB]

page: 1
1
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Yes,that's right.I find one day in the mail box a letter from a bank,stating that I have this loan,and I have to pay 342 dollars per month,for a loan that I didn't made it.
I run instantly to the bank,and I ask them,how is possible something like that.They say that all the personal data from the papers are mine,but the signature was not mine.
I make a complaint to the bank and they say that they will look at the case,but until then I must pay the monthly bank rate.I really don't know what do.
What you do if you were in my place?




posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Speak to a lawyer and tell the bank to go #%&@ themselves. They cannot make you pay for what you do not owe.

Now, the lawyer part is important. At least speak to them to find out what you must do. There are laws that protect you, but not if you dont act on it... Not acting will show you as guilty and liable for the loan.

Sue the bank if you are able. Always make an example out of these bastards!

Lastly... Good luck! Those bastards will try to get crafty on you. Dont let them. You have the upper hand, no matter what they try to make you believe.



posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Somehow prove that the signature is not yours, if you manage that then you don't have to pay anything.

If you prove that you didnt sign the contract, they have no legal ground to stand on.



posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Notify them in writing or get it in writing that I notified them, notify my creditors and banks immediately that my identity has been stolen, report the incident to authorities.

I wouldn't pay it because that could be taken as an admission that it's my debt.



posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

edit on 11-12-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
First off , don't pay on the loan that isn't yours....by paying you're admitting it's yours . This is probably some kind of identity theft, so you may need a lawyer. Go back to the bank and try to straighten this out with their manager or their attorney....good luck.



posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I'm not sure I understand your situation correctly, but it sounds like identity theft.

Dispute the loan. You have the right to ask the bank to verify the loan is yours. They then have 30 days to do this. If they cannot verify that you are the person who requested and authorized this loan they cannot hold you liable to pay it.

You might have to work to have it removed from your credit report as well. You can file a verification claim and dispute through all three of the major credit reporting agencies.

You are safer by communicating with the bank or lender through certified letter - as you can verify when documents were sent and have receipt that they were delivered.
edit on 11-12-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn
 
I already spoke with a lawyer,but it's very hard to fight with a bank!



posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
Somehow prove that the signature is not yours, if you manage that then you don't have to pay anything.

If you prove that you didnt sign the contract, they have no legal ground to stand on.
I know but the banks are hoggish ,until the situation will solve I don't know what to do.



posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Notify them in writing or get it in writing that I notified them, notify my creditors and banks immediately that my identity has been stolen, report the incident to authorities.

I wouldn't pay it because that could be taken as an admission that it's my debt.
I already report it but I didn't have an answer yet.



posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith
 


It's not hard at all. There are laws in place to protect you from fraud and identity theft.

You are going to get better answers from Google than you will from ATS - but again, you should look into how to dispute this loan. I have gone through this process after my identity was stolen and checks were cashed tied to my checking account. A loan was also given that I did not request or authorize. I was able to file a verification request - the bank could not verify the loan belonged to me and it was removed from my credit report. I didn't make a single payment on it.

I chose to research and fix this myself but many people choose to hire representation. Do what works best for you.

In my case checks were found at an old residence, they used the account information to forge checks, they altered my name slightly (to a female name) so the girl who was doing this could get a fake ID with that name and write checks. A credit account was opened as well. Both were resolved without any serious damage to my financial status.



edit on 11-12-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
reply to post by diamondsmith
 


It's not hard at all. There are laws in place to protect you from fraud and identity theft.

You are going to get better answers from Google than you will from ATS - but again, you should look into how to dispute this loan. I have gone through this process after my identity was stolen and checks were cashed tied to my checking account. A loan was also given that I did not request or authorize. I was able to file a verification request - the bank could not verify the loan belonged to me and it was removed from my credit report.

I chose to research and fix this myself but many people choose to hire representation. Do what works best for you.


Every bank has their internal laws,it's hard to fight with a bank for your right.



posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM
First off , don't pay on the loan that isn't yours....by paying you're admitting it's yours . This is probably some kind of identity theft, so you may need a lawyer. Go back to the bank and try to straighten this out with their manager or their attorney....good luck.
Thank you very much,I already did I wait for the the lawyer to act though,they say that I have to pay before they solve the case.



posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
excuse me.. is this just a short story?

I don't understand why it is under short stories..?



posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
reply to post by diamondsmith
 


It's not hard at all. There are laws in place to protect you from fraud and identity theft.

You are going to get better answers from Google than you will from ATS - but again, you should look into how to dispute this loan. I have gone through this process after my identity was stolen and checks were cashed tied to my checking account. A loan was also given that I did not request or authorize. I was able to file a verification request - the bank could not verify the loan belonged to me and it was removed from my credit report.

I chose to research and fix this myself but many people choose to hire representation. Do what works best for you.


Every bank has their internal laws,it's hard to fight with a bank for your right.


Are you in the USA?

There are FEDERAL laws that the banks must adhere to. If you are trying to deal with the bank you are only causing yourself stress.

Instead, go through the correct channels and request that the bank verify and validate the loan. Again, if they cannot do this within 30 days they have to remove the record.

I've already given you the answer, and told you what to look for.. Are you really having a problem or just wanted to start an ATS thread that would go on forever while you ignore good advice?



posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
reply to post by diamondsmith
 


It's not hard at all. There are laws in place to protect you from fraud and identity theft.

You are going to get better answers from Google than you will from ATS - but again, you should look into how to dispute this loan. I have gone through this process after my identity was stolen and checks were cashed tied to my checking account. A loan was also given that I did not request or authorize. I was able to file a verification request - the bank could not verify the loan belonged to me and it was removed from my credit report.

I chose to research and fix this myself but many people choose to hire representation. Do what works best for you.


Every bank has their internal laws,it's hard to fight with a bank for your right.


Are you in the USA?

There are FEDERAL laws that the banks must adhere to. If you are trying to deal with the bank you are only causing yourself stress.

Instead, go through the correct channels and request that the bank verify and validate the loan. Again, if they cannot do this within 30 days they have to remove the record.

I've already given you the answer, and told you what to look for.. Are you really having a problem or just wanted to start an ATS thread that would go on forever while you ignore good advice?
It's a real problem,and thank you for your advice.



posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
excuse me.. is this just a short story?

I don't understand why it is under short stories..?

It is a Real short story.



posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith
 


lol...sorry. But that's freakin' hilarious. I realize you are not a native English speaker, so I am not laughing at you, I am laughing with you.

Bottom line though, if you are in the USA, you do not have to pay this loan.



posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The person who signed the papers will be on camera. Tell them you want the video. I paid off my credit cards last year and closed them. I the last couple of weeks I have started getting bills. What a pain to get it straightened out. Wait till my lawyer bills them



posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
The person who signed the papers will be on camera. Tell them you want the video. I paid off my credit cards last year and closed them. I the last couple of weeks I have started getting bills. What a pain to get it straightened out. Wait till my lawyer bills them
As I understand I am not the only person at this bank with this problem.



new topics




 
1
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join