It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it won't return U.S. drone

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

The usa didnt tell us,iran did and i think the usa purposefully landed it there..

To be more exact: where did Iran tel us please?

(Open minded.)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

well the first photo i saw of the usa drone showed iranian military standing around it,so i dont think fox [meaning that news company where every reporter and caster looks like they were,are,or will be a model] was in iran filming that photo > en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

This photo does not convince me:

en.wikipedia.org...:RQ-170_in_Iran.png

how do you know this was not shot in a studio setup to look like it is in Iran? We don't know that beyond any reasonable doubt.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Obama calls on Iran to give back downed US drone

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama is pressing his request that Iran return the U.S. surveillance drone captured by the country's armed forces.

Obama said he wouldn't comment "on intelligence matters that are classified." But, he said during a White House news conference with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki that the U.S. wants the top-secret aircraft back. "We have asked for it back. We'll see how the Iranians respond," Obama said.

" Please guysssss, can we get our drone back? "
edit on 12-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Lol Obama is at a loss of words. His scriptwriters could not think of anything . "we will ask for it back" lmao

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Mr Obama said he would not comment on classified intelligence matters, but confirmed: "We have asked for it back. We'll see how the Iranians respond."

Considering the apparently low damage if any on the drone; my guess Iran actually hacked the control and landed it safely.

Which probably means the neo-cons will not "invade" iran.

Or

They will invade Iran soon.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Why should they have to return a spy plane, and why would the Americans let them know it is their spy plane. If they did the same would americans return theirs, NO. Lets apply logic to this issue, Iran has every right to keep any military spying machine that they can shot down, this should not even be a topic...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

Did anyone else notice the smirk at the end?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This is not even news worthy.

People act like espionage is how its portrayed in Mission Impossible, and tv shows like "24"

Perhaps there is a slight amount of truth in those, but in the real world everybody spies on everybody. No one is safe. There are no "James Bond"s in tuxedos who are going to sneak into Iran and get the drone back. The CIA is everywhere, every race, gender, religion, and they could be standing next to you in line smiling at Starbucks while their phone copies all the data from yours.

Iran will simply make a weak attempt at reverse engineering this thing, then hand it over to China who will mass produce crappy versions made out toxic plastics and it will be next years "must have" holiday toy.

"You too can fly your very own drone and see what your friends are up to, shoot nerf missles and surprise your parents lounging by the pool! buy the new remote control drone with built in wi-fi and night vision!!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Navy seal team 6 going to take that drone back lol

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

That made me laugh!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Obama just got punked for the drone, now he's gonna tell big daddy that Iran won't give him back the drone...Hahaha, why does this sound so familiar? Ohh yeah because when people get pwned they cry...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

And they will be shot down again like it happened in Afghanistan 31 troops all fried

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It was a Reaper and the US doesnt want to comment on a design flaw, unsecured video feeds - key logger hacks at creach afb and a basic fail safe missing to return the craft to base if the command signal is lost.

The drone crashed, Iran picked up the pieces but doesn't want to show wreckage because it could be anything so they built a display model.

CIA doesn't care because its black budget no responsibility so they use it to make IRAN look more technically capable than they are aka dangerous.

story over, wow.
edit on 12-12-2011 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Would the US hand over an Iranian drone that crashes over the US?

Case closed

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

Well if anyone thinks that we have substantial evidence to invade Iran, well they are completely wrong. You are right it could be another stunt just to get the people in the U.S. bent out of shape, and pumped up. Wonderful how the Government works behind closed doors...Just don't buy into the BS

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by circuitsports

Well if anyone thinks that we have substantial evidence to invade Iran, well they are completely wrong. You are right it could be another stunt just to get the people in the U.S. bent out of shape, and pumped up. Wonderful how the Government works behind closed doors...Just don't buy into the BS

They're all sock puppets of the defence industry...and they WANT a new war. Also love how they fooled the people into believing the US will get out of Iraq when the government still pays for 17,000 contractors over there even after leaving

Corrupt, all of them!!

And best of all, once all those soldiers come back from making sure the defence lobby gets paid, they get greeted by a friendly "oooops, can't afford to care for you...we somehow spent it"

edit on 12-12-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Iran keeps speaking about a "bigger response" or "retaliation". I wonder what they have planned, or if this is just a bluff. I wonder why they would go public and say that they're not returning the drone, of course they're not returning it, it was flying in their airspace illegally and it's now the rightful property of Iran. Finders keepers losers weepers.

I hope Iran knows what they're doing because all these public threats are not helping make them look good on the world stage.

Maybe they will sell the American drone technology to the highest bidder, that would upset Washington.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

True....I'm sure China would love to get their hands on it! Then again maybe Iran will try to learn enough from it to make their own stealth drones! That could be scary....though I imagine that even with the thing sitting in front of them, the technology may just be a bit too advanced or expensive for them to replicate, though they are a smart people, so even if they don't have the tech readily available, they may improvise something similar from the design.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join