It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it won't return U.S. drone

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Every since I saw the news release stating that RQ-170 was brought down, I've been waiting for the release stating that it was destroyed along with the facility it was kept in. I have full faith that if Iran having it in their hands was a great enough threat, the building it sits in would be rubble right now. We have bases, and usefull contacts all over the world. If it needed to be done, it would be done. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to remember that when we took out OBL, we didn't ask permission, or even care that it COULD start a war. They just jumped in and got the job done.

I'm not preaching an "America is the greatest!" rant, but we do sit on the top of the military tech food chain. This site is full of articles and posts talking about our secret toys, and behind every story is a truth. Even if it's a small sliver of truth. Heck, the supposed TR-3B has been flying for years now. My cousin who works in the air control office at a large training base here in Missouri has seen some very mind blowing stuff there, and the guys training on them say they have been in opperation for a while now while bigger better things are being built.

No doubt our tech is that far ahead due to top minds working for our Govt, DARPA, and other facilities. As well as an ungodly amount of finances put towards our tech R&D. Think of how many times you have read something over the years about another 2-3 billion here and there gone missing. Black budget items are a "we're taking the money, and you just have to deal with it" type of sittuation. I can remember my grandpa who was in the army telling me about seeing satelite surveyalance photos back in the 60's that were 2-3 feet accuracy.

The other thing that tells you just how far ahead we are is the fact that everyone seems to want to get ahold of our toys. Look how many people get arrested every year recently for selling tech secrets to China? Remember the article where a top Chinese General came over and saw some of our top tech? He went back and told China there was no way they could win an all out war against us. The article had to be translated from Chinese, so it didn't come from our end. We share with the UK, so they have no need to try and grab stuff.

If we got caught with our pants down, then so be it. It happens, and probably more often than we hear about. I just think that the simple fact that we are able to call it an RQ-170 shows that it's not our top tech anymore. If US military secrets have taught us anything, it's that we have to make up names for the stuff we arent supposed to know about.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Consider this. Maybe the USA wanted the drone to be captured. They filled the drone with junk parts, but enough tech so it flys. Then they fill it with micro tracking and micro video cameras for an extreme double covert surveillance.

What do you think? Might be that tricky. The USA is very good at what they do.
edit on 12-12-2011 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I just find it suspicious that the plane did not have a self destruct mechanism or if it did it was not activated?

I would also love to know how they did get it to land & how did they decrypt the code and manipulate the software.

Would the U.S not have known that it was being hacked into before it lost control of the plane?

Its also interesting that If this was actually done by Iran that it is the second piece of classified machinery (Afghanistan mission to kill Osama Bin Laden) that has been lost in a single year....Double Fail!

Something does not add up, but you can never count out just plain bad luck!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Hi,

I just remember a few months ago, the US drones were known to contain a computer virus. To my knowing, this virus couldn't be extracted from the drones until now, and it's still there.
We know some virus are build to target precise tech, like Stuxnet who compromised Iranian nuclear facilities.

Is it not plausible that the Iranian tech guys (or their supporters, namely china and russia) are able to build a virus specially aimed at US drones, to make them able to highjack them ?

I can bet chinese or russian techs are working on something like that, and certainly already have it. We don't know much about US black programs, but we know absolutely nothing about chinese and russians ones...

What do you think about it ?
edit on 12-12-2011 by Stouf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Once the location is confirmed via informants a pair of GPS-guided snakeyes will deal with that real fast. Then Iran is going to have to prove it was an airstrike and not sabotage. Suicide bombers seem to be normal and in great supply in that part of the world, surely one might find their way into the secret location the drone is being kept.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

Your theory seems alot more believable than "We lost contact with a brand-new multi-million dollar aircraft, and guess where it went boss?" Recon version of a trojan horse, brillant.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

That's what I was thinking. Bunch of dudes in an office, kicked back and lighting cigars, laughing. "Hey, boss, the Iranians fell for it!"

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
usa: they took my planey boohoohooo i want it back, give it to me

iran: no i found it, its mine, finders keepers, loosers weepers nanannaaa

seems a good explanation on whats going on here .....

kids, grow up pls... before you guys take us with you (to hell)

edit on 12-12-2011 by pheniks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Why should they return it? This aircraft invaded their airspace and fell from the sky as a gift from the CIA.

I find it amazing that people are so stupid not to think rationally how a remote controlled spy plane "accidently" crossed the border after two mysterious explosions at Iranian nuke facilities. This is just another attempt by the US to draw Iran into attacking US interests in the Middle East. The really sad part is that the sheeple will blindly believe what our corrupt government says.....

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by pheniks

Psst.....I don't think the US even asked for it back.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

give it time

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
Why should they return it? This aircraft invaded their airspace and fell from the sky as a gift from the CIA.

I find it amazing that people are so stupid not to think rationally how a remote controlled spy plane "accidently" crossed the border after two mysterious explosions at Iranian nuke facilities. This is just another attempt by the US to draw Iran into attacking US interests in the Middle East. The really sad part is that the sheeple will blindly believe what our corrupt government says.....

Returning it would actually go a long way in saying, "We're not the threat the world thinks we are" but by keeping it, well, yeah.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Theres no way that thing was shot down,see any marks on it? i dont...how was it brought down? without scratches? without dents? without any burn marks? no large parts broken off ? that drone weighs thousands of pounds and is more than 50ft across,if it was shot down,or electronically jammed,either way,it still would have had to fall out of the sky from at least a couple of hundred feet up,so whats really going on here?

Theres no way that Iran has the remote computer controls needed,and theres no way,China Or Russia,who just happened to have teams of computer technicians hanging around inside Iran exactly as this USA drone flew by?technicians that know exactly how to replicate controlling the inner mechanisms of the drones hardware and software? has the remote computer control hardware needed to jam out the USA's signals "and" safely land it...No way...

Hmmmm? Soooo...what are we left with?...

USA purposefully lands the drone on Iranian soil...

Then USA pumps up their media to say that the Iranians did it...

Next orchestrated incident that will amp up everyones anger and rage will be something like a USA troop helicopter being shot down into...guess where?...of course...where else?...Iran...

And then all the USA military needs after that is a nice little Gulf of Tonkin false flag type incident and...whattta ya know...public support!...

Then we'll suddenly have another fabricated enemy,another countries people demonized enough to test our new weapons on,more cannon fodder for the war machine slaughter...

Only problem this time,Russia or China or Pakistan,or perhaps all of them,wont just hang around on the side lines,unless of course the USA gives them lots of hush money,a few billion dollars each of USA citizen extracted tax money,billions more extorted from the American worker,from the soon to be extinct American Middle Class, who will be threatened with prison if they dont willingly comply.That kinda cash should keep the military leaders and government officials of those countries drowning in booze,hashish and kidnapped harem whores long enough to keep them out of the way of the USA's war machine...

And all of us closer to doomsday...

Imagine this hell on earth scenario exploding all over the Middle East...

United States, Israel, England [i'm having a hard time thinking of any other country that would cash in dead soldiers and maybe civilians to help the USA? okay,lets throw in Canada,maybe?], France? they'll side with the bad guys in a heart beat,whoever gives them the easiest ride,like they did in ww-2,France economy was never so productive as they were with the Nazis,Egypt,meaning Muslim Egypt? helping the USA in this kind of situation?,no way...

Versus...

Russia, China, Pakistan, Iran, Syria, Iraq [yeah them again], Lebanon, Azerbaijan, Jordan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan[still], North Korea[again] and Turkey [why not turkey? they border Iran and hate the USA] all those countries,even the not so advanced ones,would be able to send in overwhelmingly vast numbers of troops...

Will that be WW-3 ?...Yes...When will WW-4 be fought ?...in about a thousand years...and the USA as a country will be a distant memory long before then...
edit on 12-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

They said they managed to "hack" the drone and land it safely.

I think this would fuel people's anger more against the U.S and not against Iran (Who are the invaders who are trespassing in other countries' airspace ?) , but then again, some people are so brainwashed...

There have been some epic fails by the CIA lately...
edit on 12-12-2011 by ModerateSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
RQ-170 drone seized performing illegal activities iranian airspace. Runs on gas, has 140,000 miles on it, slight wing damage. Previous owner was a psychopathic madman terrorist. Will take best offer. Feel free to fly before buy

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Please amend "Iran says it won't return U.S. drone" to "Fox News says Iran says it won't return U.S. drone."

So, when the shoe fits it gets worn. I thought Fox was so dodgy. In fact I will go so far as to say news from any US source on what it really going on with this drone is fiction.

It even makes me wonder if there really was such a drone.

Maybe another 9/11 faux event, to which we should really call 911! Emergency! Because something is very seriously wrong about this entire stinking drone business.

Sorry, I won't fall for it.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
reply to post by pheniks

Psst.....I don't think the US even asked for it back.

psst.... I don't even think it exists!

think about it. If the US really lost a drone in Iran space, would they tell you? Is it possible that the entire thing is fiction, simply meant to implement and justify a next move on the side of the US?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

The usa didnt tell us,iran did and i think the usa purposefully landed it there..

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Where is your evidence to support this? All evidence points to it being taken down

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I could be swayed to exactly your view if someone can provide Iranian news link with reliable translator.

Years ago I worked in London with a stunning person from Iran. Extremely intellegent, sweet, kind, funny, attractive and friendly. Wish I still had her contacts. Cant even remember her surname. She would have been able to tell it straight from the horses mouth.

How do you know, please??? I really want to know.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join