It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it won't return U.S. drone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Ummmm....who thought that Iran WOULD return the drone and where does it say in the news article that the US even ASKED for it?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by St Udio

I personally don't buy the American explanation that it was lost over Afghanistan.

I personally don't buy iran's explanation that it was flown over Iran under american control.

I personally believe they stole it over afghanistan with Russian or Chinese help and flew it to Iran for propaganda and intelligence value .

The evidence is in how it appears undamaged.

I know drone pilots that fly target drones at china lake Calif and they make lawn darts out of there drones when they are hit.
And its very unlikely that it would have landed on its own and still been undamaged.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Thats the first thing that i thought of when i saw the picture of the drone with iranians standing next to it,i thought it looked too good to be true,hardly a scratch,unless of course it was smoothly landed or driven into iran on the back of a flat bed truck...

edit on 11-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Babbleman

Yankee might be a better term ....Maybe Iran is planing to fix it up and fly it back to them ...Now that would put a twist on the story ....peace

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
It's only a drone.......not a Stealth!

Anyone can build a drone if they tried hard enough.

Actually, no.... This is far more than a funny looking version of the Reaper or Predator. This little sucker represented our absolute cutting edge in intelligence gathering, as I understand it. The shape and little public information we do have also indicates this was most definitely deep in the Stealth side of development.

USA Today reported a couple days ago that this carried the same onboard radar as the F-22 Raptor and future F-35 Joint Strike Fighter. That doesn't surprise me in the least. It almost would have to have been carrying the best of everything or no one would have sent it to go peeking in windows deep inside Iran. It's like the Gary Powers flight ove the Soviet Union in terms of timing.... Ouch...

It would be nice if they'd reimburse the loss, if they won't give it back though... This wasn't some two bit toy drone with a Missile rack. By reports and information discussed LONG before this incident happened, this was literally a mini-version of the B-2 Spirit for it's technology... I mean look at it. It's still a flying wing. The most inherently unstable configuration ever to take off and land again without a crash at the end. The control computers alone will kepe the Iranians bust for a long time...

Oh why couldn't the Russians or Chinese have captured it?? This would have been all THAT high tech to them.... It's just this side of pure magic to the Iranian level of 'high tech' weapons systems.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

for anyone to assume and think that the russians and chinese do not have their own top secret high level technologies,would be severely underestimating the technical abilities of other nations,the usa is not the be all end all of advanced thinkers and designers...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I never thought they would and I hope the US government was not dumb enough to think they would either.

I promise you that Iran will reverse engineer it and pull what new technology out of it that they can.
edit on 11-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
That is not a stealth drone. Just look at it. If you were in the military you know what the bad boys look like. That looks like a cheap decoy.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This RQ-170 drone and i'm asuming there are others? have been flying around for over 4 years,is this "capture" the first time the general public has found out about them?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Iran says it won't return U.S. drone

in response to the op

whey the hell should iran return a craft that was tresspassing

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
This RQ-170 drone and i'm asuming there are others? have been flying around for over 4 years,is this "capture" the first time the general public has found out about them?

Been longer than that... And the cool new ones. You would know if you saw it. And of course the general public is last to know. Way it should be.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
ps if it had the same radar as the f22 it would of never been seen.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Why is that? The F-22's radar isnt why it isnt seen.

Originally posted by ratpunk
ps if it had the same radar as the f22 it would of never been seen.

link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by buster2010
Finders keepers
Losers weepers.

Yeah, unless they wanted the Iranians to have this "drone"

Taken to secret facilities to be inspected further..... And then ....

The whole thing goes as planned.
Uncle Sam wants Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to reverse engineer this thing.

Lets just hope that good ole Sam have put the same amount of snafu into this drone as he did with a certain 727 many moons ago that got reverse engineered by a certain Asian country

link   

Originally posted by ratpunk

Originally posted by blocula

Been longer than that... And the cool new ones. You would know if you saw it. And of course the general public is last to know. Way it should be.
According to this link the RQ-170 Sentinel was first flown in 2007 en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Why on God's Earth hahhaahaahah would the Iranians hahaha return a drone that we were using to spy on them hahaahahah?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That has to be a little demoralizing for someone who views the US as an enemy, examining something that sophisticated and unprecedented in your part of the world. I wonder if that was the purpose.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

edit on 11-12-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think we meant for them to take the drone......It probably has spy camera's built in to different parts of the drone, now we are watching the Iranians take it to the hidden bunkers to study it.....So we are also collecting data as well.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whiscar

You must think the Iranians are completely retarded.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join