It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it won't return U.S. drone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Good let them keep it ..
we should throw in in one of our new bunker busters(massive ordnance penetrator) to go with it.
two for one cant beat that.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
It's only a drone.......not a Stealth!

Anyone can build a drone if they tried hard enough.
actualy i think it also had stealth tech.....and attack plans(targets in Iran) US and Israel had planed.....so its a kinda big deal......from what i have read anyway.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by richB

Originally posted by bluemirage5
It's only a drone.......not a Stealth!

Anyone can build a drone if they tried hard enough.
actualy i think it also had stealth tech.....and attack plans(targets in Iran) US and Israel had planed.....so its a kinda big deal......from what i have read anyway.
you can tell just by the shape of the drone that it has stealth technology...it looks like a miniaturized B-2 bomber...
edit on 11-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I was also thinking that, but didn't give it too much thought since I'm no expert in the matter.

It probably isn't that difficult to implement stealth tech in the drone's blueprints.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Is it being held against its will? Behind bars or shackled? Perhaps it landed itself and they stuck a gun in its "face"?

perhaps like those three trespassing "students" we can apply pressure to have it released?

Actually I still think its a picture of a foam "mockup" with the grill from the new2011 chevy camaro hot glued in place for the cameras.

One has to ask: How Did they capture a high tech UAV intact? It must have been"told" to land itself(?).Or we landed it deliberately to provide an excuse to bomb an Iranian research facility.???

edit on 11-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Wow I just had a thought, what if they intentionally let it go down in Iran, maybe it had an extra hidden tracking device more discreet and out of view. The US could then track where Iran moves it, what bases and maybe even find out if it ends up in another country.

I think above is very unlikely of course but if they managed to get some good intelligence from it I think it would be pretty clever.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185
Wow I just had a thought, what if they intentionally let it go down in Iran, maybe it had an extra hidden tracking device more discreet and out of view. The US could then track where Iran moves it, what bases and maybe even find out if it ends up in another country.

You had a nearly accurate thought.

Lets hope they have hooked up to the proper ports, and were able to gain access to critical systems (with some clever help)... Actually, maybe they already have.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hahahaha I just sent that video to my uncle's facebook. He's an engineer for Boeing and developed that drone a couple years back. He tells interesting stories but sometimes I don't think he truly answers some of my questions all the way lol

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
have the iranians "opened up the drone" to see whats inside? maybe osama bin laden will come climbing out...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Look its obvious to me. America, and its allies would win a ground war against Iran, if it occurred, in the future. But i still think this will not be like Iraq. I think thousands of American troops would die in trying to take over Iran. I also think Iran does have better weapons technology stockpiled for such a fight. Mostly likely provided by China and Russia.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
they'll probably sell the drone to China or Russia for a cool $50,000,000

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This picture sums up how i feel about usa military technology and iran having our not so secret anymore drone > www.gwu.edu... > Shaking Hands: Iraqi President Saddam Hussein greets Donald Rumsfeld, then special envoy of President Ronald Reagan, in Baghdad on December 20, 1983.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
North Korea kept the U.S.S. Pueblo they captured.

Out of protest the U.S. Navy kept it on their roster of US Navy Active Ships until about 2001. To keep a claim on it, and protest Congress not letting them go get it.

China had a piece of the F-117 that was shot down in Bosnia until we blew their freakin' Embassy up where the part was held. That was hilarious!

That Drone is not as important as the F-117's were.

Howard Hughes brought up a sunken Russian Submarine full of dead Russians along with it's nuclear weapons....I don't think we ever gave that back.

China had a shipment of military hardware headed to Iran that we took. We didn't give it back. Boy those Chinese were mad about that.......

We've also intercepted ships at sea of North Korea military weapons being sent to Iran....we never gave them back.
edit on 11-12-2011 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Iran sure likes to "talk the talk"....

I have a feeling that's all they can do...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
In other news, Japan said it wont return America's nukes.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It's already been sold to China...

China takes it, back engineers it, makes 10000 of them and gives Iran a few.

Win Win

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Nice ! Thats thinking outside the box !

the drone is a purposefully lost and intentionally allowed to be captured robotic spy,filming and recording the enemy from deep within,sending real time audio,visual and location feedbacks to the us military for as long as its able to do so...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm hearing a lot of laughter with lots of laughing icons. But they all seem to be missing the biggest point in this matter. Iran successfully jammed our remote control signals and took control of a U.S. top secret drone safely landing it intact. IMO; that could only have happened with Russian assistance. Has anyone wondered why Iran has been strutting back 'n forth with their chest out for so long, making threats against Israel & the West? Maybe it's because Russia has been providing them with nuclear technology and Russian scientists and technicians helped build the Iranian reactors. Consider the following question: The RQ-170 had a self-destruct mechanism to prevent its secrets spilling out to the enemy in the event of a crash or capture. This did not happen - why? Obviously, the Iranians were able to override that command sequence and steal the drone almost completely without damage preventing it from self-destructing. This is a giant threat to U.S. military superiority. What else can Iran jam, over ride and steal or disable? Guided missiles? Nuclear Subs? The U.S. has become so intoxicated on their supposed technological superiority that they continuously fail to keep top secrets, secret. Why should Russia, China or anyone else spend billions to develop weapons, when they can steal the plans to ours? May I suggest that we not lose sight of Iran’s big brother’s Russia and China standing behind Iran? Consider the following: “Reports suggest as many as 1,000 Russians are in Bushehr to operate the power station. They will fill key roles in the plant's administration, including the site's security, say diplomats familiar with the project.” Retired Russian intelligence officials and IAEA officials familiar with Bushehr point out that:
• The containment domes covering the two nuclear reactors have been so hardened that they could withstand a direct hit by a 747. This would make an aerial attack such as Israel's strike on Iraq's Osirak reactor ("Operation Opera"-June 1981) ineffective, says IAEA sources.
• The completed and reinforced domes are clearly visible in satellite photos from several imaging companies.
• The IAEA explains the only way to penetrate such hardened domes likely would be to use a tactical nuclear weapon, something neither the U.S. nor Israel is likely to employ.
• The presence of Russian technicians could also complicate any military campaign to hit Bushehr.
• Satellite photos of the Bushehr complex revealed the presence of several Chinese-made fast patrol boats docked at the city's main port. Such boats could provide Iran with a means to counter any prospective naval attack by the U.S. or Israel, say Russian military sources. It is believed that the patrol boats likely are accompanied by Chinese "naval advisers." In addition to the boats, CIA sources confirm the presence of Chinese-made Silkworm surface-to-surface missiles on the coast near Bushehr.
• Late model Russian surface-to-air missiles (S-300s) are also believed to have been installed on the complex's perimeters. Some of the batteries are believed to be staffed by Russian personnel. Overall, Bushehr, it appears, will be guarded by an array of anti-aircraft, anti-ship missiles and a small flotilla of naval vessels, making it one of the most heavily defended sites in the Persian Gulf, explained a retired U.N. official familiar with the region.

Ever since Israel & Iran began this latest round of sabre rattling, ATS posters have been scornful towards Iran as a serious potential threat to U.S. security. Most posters felt that outside of dirty bombs or suicide bombers already in American sleeper cells would be about all Iran could do to us. Well, I suggest that we all reconsider our over confidence in underestimating our enemy here. Anyone that underestimates a threat or potential enemy is a fool. Any Islamic regime is extremist and as such, willing to die for their ideals. How many men would turn down the opportunity to die a martyr, if that mean going to Paradise with a dozen young virgins waiting to fulfill their every wish? I would suggest that Iran is a serious threat because of their religious fanaticism, inbred hatred for Israel and the West and links to super powers like Russia and China. With China’s voracious appetite for oil, they are most likely poised to get involved militarily to stake their claim to as much Mid-East oil as possible, as is Russia. Many people believe that both Russia and China will at some point invade Israel. IMO; for that to happen, America would need to be neutralized as an Israeli ally and threat first. I would hope that Americans would not be so smug to think that this nation is still number one and invincible. We do have the edge is some military aspects, but we are certainly not the supreme king of the hill any more. What weakens us even more is our intoxicated self-delusion that we are still number one.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I see WWW III brewing in the Middle East & the lid appears just about to blow off the simmering pot. Syria is making more and more threats towards Israel and has also bought Russian missile systems. This recent headline should not be too much of a surprise to anyone: "Egypt uncovers Libyan SA-24 anti-air missiles and sea mines bound for Gaza." With Israel surrounded by sworn enemies they can’t wait for U.S. diplomacy to keep Iran at bay, or keep them safe. Israel will strike first if their intelligence becomes aware of an imminent attack from Iran or Syria. That’s it; their very existence depends on their striking first and completely disabling Iran as a military threat. On the other hand, Iran has sworn to destroy Israel and that is their mission statement. Iran will not back down from their nuclear plans and I believe that they would use nuclear weapons to destroy Israel and the West if given the opportunity. Sound crazy? Yes, it is completely insane. But we’re not dealing with rational people here; we’re dealing with Islamic extremists bent on the destruction of Israel and the West. What we’re looking at is WWWIII waiting to explode! If some ATS posters feel that this scenario is a laughing matter, then I’m gravely disappointed that they’re unable or unwilling to see the big picture here and realize how a Middle East nuclear war will affect America. Having winds filled with nuclear fall out to breathe wouldn’t be very healthy. Toxic oceans would eventually circulate the globe and be here at some point. Iran is a serious threat, and anyone who doesn’t agree should remove their blinders and start reading what’s happening in the Middle East with an open and serious mind. Related article links below:

Russia and Iran's Nuclear Program
Article Link - www.jcpa.org...

Russia: Moscow Confirms Missile-Systems Deal With Iran
Article Link - www.rferl.org...

Iran and Russia; Major Military Pact
Article Link - www.iran-press-service.com...

Russian Arms and Technology Transfers to Iran
Article Link - www.armscontrol.org...

S300 are Iran's price for Russian, Chinese access to US drone
Article Link - www.debka.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Babbleman

Yeah, unless they wanted the Iranians to have this "drone"

That was a joke, right?

Americans are intentionally incompetent.

Being intentionally incompetent has it's advantages.
It's like bluffing in poker by intentionally acting like you don't know how to play and luring everyone else into a false sense of security, thus, giving yourself the upper hand.

I live my life by those rules.
Never show how smart you are, or how strong you are, or how fast you are, or how rich you are and in fact, do the opposite.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join