It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it won't return U.S. drone

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+63 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Iran says it won't return U.S. drone

www.usatoday.com

Iran will not return a U.S. surveillance drone captured by its armed forces, a senior commander of the country's elite Revolutionary Guard said Sunday.

Gen. Hossein Salami, deputy head of the Guard, said in remarks broadcast on state television that the violation of Iran's airspace by the U.S. drone was a "hostile act" and warned of a "bigger" response. He did not elaborate on what Tehran might do.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

+60 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Iran keeps speaking about a "bigger response" or "retaliation". I wonder what they have planned, or if this is just a bluff. I wonder why they would go public and say that they're not returning the drone, of course they're not returning it, it was flying in their airspace illegally and it's now the rightful property of Iran. Finders keepers losers weepers.

I hope Iran knows what they're doing because all these public threats are not helping make them look good on the world stage.

Maybe they will sell the American drone technology to the highest bidder, that would upset Washington.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Course it wont return it, why would they or should they? I am not an advocate of this evil islamic regime, however you have to expect if you go flying your hi tek crap over another country, its not like knocking on a neighbours door and asking for your ball back.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I laughed when I saw this, I imagined barack on the phone to Iran, "can we have our toy back please?" .

Get real USA, I think its just the spin doctors at work, trying to discredit Iran anyway they can.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The US military just sent a spy plane into Iran and now they are hoping to get it back after Iran took possession of it. Great! I don't think it is news worthy that Iran is not going to return that spy plane that they recovered. Move on.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

I had a similar thought.

I was trying to find if the article actually mentions Washington asking for their drone back

Unfortunately I couldn't find any reference, so I'm guessing Iran proactively decided to make this announcement.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Finders keepers
Losers weepers.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
If we find the drone on eBay, can Iran offer a clean title?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It's only a drone.......not a Stealth!

Anyone can build a drone if they tried hard enough.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by HeavierThanLight
evil islamic regime

Brainwashed, much?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Finders keepers
Losers weepers.

Yeah, unless they wanted the Iranians to have this "drone"

Taken to secret facilities to be inspected further..... And then ....

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
It's only a drone.......not a Stealth!

Anyone can build a drone if they tried hard enough.

Can you build a drone if you tried hard enough?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Yeah, unless they wanted the Iranians to have this "drone"

That was a joke, right?

Americans are intentionally incompetent.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I actually thought of that possibility.

I'm sure the first thing the Iranians did was check it to make sure it won't self destruct.

"Go Go Gadget Drone Bomb!"

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
i read in a news blurb or snippet... that the Drone was 'electronically captured' (commandeered) some 140 miles from the Iran border while still in Afghanistan air space...

this could be true & factual... which would make the current Drone programs (navigation, etc) compromised.
Therefore a useless tool in the USA arsenal.

in either that same snip...or something all together different... it is surmised that the intercept code beamed at the Drone was derived from the digital attacks of the "malicious code" attack virus that seems to have triggered missile explosions at sites in Iran already.
(that weapons virus is rumored to have been developed by Israel)
edit on 11-12-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Not necessarily to self destruct, at least not before performing its actual tasks and real mission.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I personally don't buy the American explanation that it was lost over Afghanistan.

The obvious explanation is that the White House is embarrassed and are saying whatever they feel is necessary to save face. Your explanation is possible but doubtful in my opinion.
edit on 11-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I always feel bad referring to the american government as Americans. It's far too general, there are many Americans who have a clue what's going on. Many have taught myself.

I wish there was an adjective to describe the enlightened 'american's .

I don't mean to go off-topic but there's a lot about the grass-roots culture of america that the world appreciates.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
they'll probably sell the drone to China or Russia for a cool $50,000,000

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
they'll probably sell the drone to China or Russia for a cool $50,000,000

We can only hope so!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join