It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Seeks $2B For Hurricane Relief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

www.foxnews.com
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. � President Bush (search) will head to Florida on Wednesday to survey hurricane damage and the president is asking Congress to approve $2 billion for "urgent needs" stemming from hurricanes Charley and Frances.

Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry (search) expressed his concern for residents of Florida and encouraged Americans to support efforts of relief agencies

www.foxnews.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I suspect that they will need more than if Ivan hits Flordia.

[edit on 9-7-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I understand Florida needs help, but exactly how much does it take to buy the Florida vote?

Bush Backs $8 Billion to Florida to "conserve" Everglades by buying back drilling rights from oil companies.

That's the problem with an inbred government. Even when they do the right thing it stinks.

Money to Jeb, money to Oil companies...all in the name of compassion.

The whole cabal is self serving.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If Bush doesn't send relief to Florida, he's a power-mad dictator who spends all our tax dollars on killing Iraqi babies.

If he does send relief, he's buying out Florida's vote.

So if Bush does somethign to help the American people, and they decide to vote for him, that's somehow wrong? Every President does things to make people happy so they vote for him again. That's what his job is, to make the American people happy. In return, they vote for him. There's nothing wrong in doing so, it's the way things are supposed to work.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
...this morning, and that was the amount needed for relief in the last big blow. Now, they're saying this one might double that. So, $2 B is a very expensive token effort to buy votes, but a token effort none the less.

Under the Radar:

There were massive voting irregularites in Florida recently, due to electronic voting. I guess the look see into that is all washed away now, huh?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
If Bush doesn't send relief to Florida, he's a power-mad dictator who spends all our tax dollars on killing Iraqi babies.

If he does send relief, he's buying out Florida's vote.

This may sound a little "out there" but what if this www.abovetopsecret.com... is already in effect and the military diliberately sent both hurricanes to Florida so that Bush could help aide the state and in return make sure that the people voted for him in the next coming election?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Yeah... I'm sure we have weather controlling stations and the government would destroy many people's homes for them to vote. Not everyone is THAT sadistic.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
not to belittle to travesty in FL but............
now if i was a trillion dollars in debt and ran my finances in the red every month..i would be more than willing to write a check out for whatever amount needed
imagine what could be done if the govt was to throw 2 billion dollars at any other problem...........

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
A certain ammount of disaster relief is ALREADY figured in EVERY year in the federal budget, weather it gets used or not....The USA plans ahead because it knows that say...california could fall into the ocean at ANY time from an earthquake...they know that every year there is a good chance that a hurricane will slam into the US somewhere, a major flood could occur along the missisipi in the heartland, tornadoes could hit the heart of a major city...etc...etc...etc.

This is nothing new,
BUT
OH YEAH, i forgot to somehow BLAME BUSH.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Yeah, Bush ordered his military to unleash hurricanes to destroy FL so he could buy votes? Come on! You LIBS here at ATS are so weak! Anything to bash Bush. I know we Republicans are few and far between here so I would like to stick up for the minority. I agree with Esoterica, money to kill Iraqi babies or money to buy votes. What will it be next week? Kerry/Lib supporters almost never base arguments in fact just emotion, it clouds their brains. Something in the Kerry campaign really stinks. Kerry's from Boston, all gas, no beans!

new topics

top topics

join