It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Ron Paul even stand a chance of winning in 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Not meaning to shatter the hopes of many because I like the guy and what he stands for too.

With things like vote rigging especially during the 2000 and 2004 elections, I was wondering if Ron Paul even stands a chance of winning even though he may have some popular support.
I mean, he's just like the ideal candidate to literally save the US from the abyss which the general public don't even know about because of a mainstream media blackout on that guy.

Also he openly speaks about the plans of the New World Order, Israel supporting HAMAS and among other stuff, which is brave in my opinion, but to TPTB, he seems like a thorn.
Hence those who support Ron Paul are stigmatised as "racists", lunatics and "conspiracy theorists" by the Mainstream Media. And as unfortunate as it may seem, most people base their opinions on what the Mainstream Media tells them.

He even openly talked about the New World Order in one of the GOP debates recently when a caller asked him if he believed in the "conspiracy theory".

So what hope is there of Ron Paul winning even though he may have many supporters, but is disadvantaged due to mainstream media bias and possible vote rigging in the 2012 elections?

edit on 11-12-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
He will lose the gop and a new political power will emerge.

His supporters will be up for grabs.

An independant will emerge to fill the void.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Sounds like you already know the answer to your own question
Ron paul does not stand a chance of ever being president of the united states for various reasons 'not least of which the majority of americans don't actually want him as their president'.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Likely not.. but then who knows, we may not actually know that he has intense, widespread support due to him being blacked out so much. Not likely, but who knows really?

I hope he does. I spread the word about him a lot and have personally gotten half a dozen people (including a couple hardcore obama supporters) turned to Paul supporters.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I seem to see a new post every day about this character. If what you say is true. That he speaks of the new order etc, then I can only hope he is never elected. He is plainly trying to manipulate and gain the popular vote, or he may be delusional and likely to start the next world war.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Yeah, its a shame that they'll never allow Ron Paul enter the White House as President. I guess America has sealed its fate in war and destruction...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I've been a supporter of Ron Paul since the mid 80's and sadly, there's one fact that raises doubt about his winning.

Let's not forget that the electors appointed by each state that make up The Electoral College are committed to a certain candidate for the first vote. After that they are free to vote their "consciences".
(They are party hacks who will not vote for Ron Paul)

So, even if RP wins the popular vote the boys in the backroom crushed velvet chairs will have given the electors their marching orders.

We've seen enough intrigue and evidence to know that Ron Paul supporters are isolated at party conventions, and they won't ever serve as a majority of the electors. And even if the EC completely ignores a RP landslide the supreme court (9 party hack lawyers who know a president) will uphold it.

Does that answer your question?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by HOUNDDAWG

I guess I already knew the answer, just wanted to know the views of others.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well, considering right now that Ron Paul looks poised to win Iowa, the first-in-the-nation caucus, followed by New Hampshire, which would propel him into the republican nomination, I'd say yes. He's polling better at this point in time than McCain was in 2007 and has a much stronger campaign, more money on hand, and more dedicated supporters. McCain received the Republican nomination in 2008.

Now, Ron Paul wins the Republican nomination - then what? Well, it would pit him vs Obama. If Americans would really vote for Obama over Ron Paul, I would be extremely worried.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The office of POTUS is bought and paid for in advance, Ron's not part of that "in the club" crowd.
I think I may leave the US when one of the remaining silver spoon idiots get elected, who's coming with me?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Most Americans consider RP a non starter. His policies are unacceptable to mainstream America. He's not Satan he just has too many implausible ideas like making friends with Ahmadinejad.

His domestic policies are extreme, and there is no way he can get the popular, or electoral vote.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Although he is a great candidate and i actually gave to his campaign, he will most likely not get the nomination due to bias and the fact he is not in step with the establishment, Newt & Romney are both empty suits at the end of the day will dish out more of the same to us if elected. Although I would have to see past Ron Pauls isolationist concept, i think he is the only Honest person standing up for us, and would certianly turn the system upside down which is the only thing that will save us at this point. The government overspending continues with out a balanced budget and we are DONE... THe coruption is so widespread at this point it will be next to impossible to get everyone onboard with fixing our issues.

There is a huge plan being played out and we are collateral pawns. If Ron makes the cut as the Rep. candidate then i think he could win, but he won't make it that far. If he spurs off as a 3rd party it will only hurt voters trying to get the current cancer out of office.

Salute

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Let me preface the following with the statement i like SOME of what I hear from Dr Paul. However, that's about it. There is no candidate so far, including Dr Paul that really speaks to me and what i want to see happen, however I'm going to play devil's advocate for just a second and throw this out:

What if Dr Paul *is* a PTB distraction, he seems to speak to a lot of Americans, and say "just what they want to hear and talk about" that cannot be coincidence, and if he got in, do we really know that he's not part of the 'in crowd' and just there to make sure that we are distracted from other plans in the works (Isreal/Iran, etc etc etc)

I dunno, I was brought up being taught if it seems too good to be true it most likely is.... A lot of this man's supporters seem to throw that little bit of wisdom out the window though when it comes to him.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Most Americans do not think on their own. They wait to see what others say/tell them to think. So let's look at the big three in conservative talk radio:

Rush Limbaugh: Very fond of Newt to the point of near endorsement. Does not say much about Paul, but has said that any of the candidates is better than Obama.

Sean Hannity: Big supporter of Cain. Likes Bachmann and Santorum. Will not endorse anyone at this point. However he is warming as he states that he really likes Paul's domestic position, just that his foreign policy scares him. With that statement, Hannity would support Paul, if he were to win big or place well in a primary or two.

Michael Savage: Savage is being apolitical lately. He doesn't care for Newt. And didn't particularly care for Cain. He is best described as being on the fence about Paul. But he doesn't seem to care for Mitt or Perry either. Frankly, Savage seems to be playing more towards the people that are apathetic voters right now than anything else. Which makes his show a bit of fresh air to the vitriol of the others. Then again, Savage is dealing with stations dropping him right now so he is just sort of just trying to keep his base of listeners more than anything right now. Which is too bad as I like Savage more than Rush or Sean.

Mark Levine: Comes on too late at night in my area on a tape delay. He is too rabid for my contemporary tastes anyway. So I have no idea what he is saying about anyone, but included him in case anyone wants to fill in the details here.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by StayAlert1

Although I would have to see past Ron Pauls isolationist concept

Yes, you would need to see past it, since he is for non-interventionism (not isolationism which the MSM spin would have you believe). Hopefully that was the only issue holding you back from full-fledged support and a vote for RP come November 2012

new topics

top topics

join