It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CURFEW>>?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Yes, most people have now moved from the topic of iraq...but that is what usually happens..war starts, people die for no apparent cause but the govt..and they lie and say it has ended..but it hasnt, because people are still dying and they will continue to die, even when it has really ended, the casualties of war continue for long time.

WHAT about this curfew "marines" have set for the iraqi people in their own country? Thats like saying..british a-holes have come and set curfews for the american people...and what does this curfew remind us of, ??? WW2 yet again...one marine was quoted on saying we came, we saw, and we conquered"
Even though many iraqi are happy it is "over" ...saddam s finally gone...they are still not happy they are being controlled by someone else...because it has happened before when we put our CIA trained man in the iraqi regime...saddam..and than we realized our mistake..??

Why not let the people loot when their govt has been looting from them for soo many years...why not le them make their own govt...now that we have made baghdad a pile of rubble!
haah
this is just all very disturbing...
just thought i would you guys posted with the latest news in iraq.
One iraqi was quoted on saying "�You are here to rape our women and give drugs to our children.� to the marines.
In times of war...this is always the outcome..reminds me of the vietnam war.

Sirius

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   
They don't want them looting because there could be documents about WMD. They aren't just looting from the govt they are looting other peoples houses. The meuseum was robbed. I also would think it'd be easier to kill off the rest of saddams fighters if they didnt have to worry about the general public being outside at night.
Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Ironically that Iraqi you quoted may be right, even though hopefully these things he said may be the last thing a marine infantrist may think of when "liberating" someone.

But in fact, if Iraq will be treated by their new masters as these masters have treated dozen of peoples before them, he may be right pointing out the "economical" consequences of massive "liberalization", as shown in many former communist countries for example.

Bringing "freedom" is a nice thing to do. But when this freedom results in corruption, criminality, drug abuse and prostitution, then the bringing of this kind of "freedom of enterprise" is bad.

The lesson we all have to learn from history is taking responsibility for the consequences of our actions, in order to prevent a new nightmare for the Iraqi people.

Leaving the organization of Post-War Iraq to the (uninterested and neutral) United Nations and the Iraqi people (as opposed to mafiosi Powermongerers or US puppets) bears the hope of human dignity for the people.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Get a grip and get real. To even attempt to say that the curfew is a bad thing considering all is nothing more than nit-picking. Regardless of what you might think, real issues require real responses.

I understand their attitudes, Hussein opporessed them and ripped them off for decades and now they are going to steal a piece of him to take back to their place, but they are looting and burning pieces of their nation's future as well as destroying evidence. Rein'em in, boys!

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thomas

I't s ano win situation for some people. If you don't attempt to police, they will say 'look you are just letting everyone loot'. If you try to police things they make statements like this thread. Sometimes the real argument is about finding anything they can negative about the US. War is not pretty and there are going to be neagtive things, it's just the nature of the beast that some of these people don't understand. If the US had no involvment in the rest of the world and kept to itself, they would complain that the US has no compassion to help other countries. I am sure the guy who started the post is one of the same people complaining tht nothing was being done about the looting. ;-)

new topics

top topics

join