It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The elusive yarn bombers strike again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I found this absolutly hilarious and had to post it. I had no idea this was going on in some places.

(NECN: Marnie MacLean, Skowhegan, ME) – Forget sweaters and scarves; knitters are taking their talent to the streets. It’s called yarn bombing, and downtown Skowhegan, Maine was targeted this week.

Brian Dubois, business owner and yarn bombing victim, has a bakery in downtown Skowhegan and was one of the first hit by a random act of knitting.

“Sometime after nine, these culprits perpetrated their yarn bombing in our downtown," said Jennifer Olsen.

Yarn bombers choose their targets and knit on the fly, attaching their creations to everything from trees, to doorknobs and even the street crossing signs.

"We're all concerned that hobbyists can take their cause to the street this way," said Olsen.

What is their cause? First, we had to find out who was the mastermind behind the guerilla knitting.

www.necn.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">source

Soon youll need to show ID and sign the logbook to buy yarn, wonder if the knitters have tags like grafetti artists?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
You would recognize my knots anywhere.

No one else uses a double overhand clover stitch knitted with titanium knitting stick thingys....

You had better recognize...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I found a few vids on yarn bombing.

new topics

join