It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Breaking) Mexico EARTHQUAKES three in last hour over 6.7 (12-11-11)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone has noticed, but it seems Mexico is kind of rocking a bit with some eq's. Three rolls over 6. in the last hour or so This is the most recent one below:

EQ-20111211-222179-MX Common Alerting Protocol Magnitude: 6.8 Mercalli scale: 8 Date-Time [UTC]: 11 December, 2011 at 01:47:26 UTC Local Date/Time: Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 01:47 at night at epicenter Location: 17° 58.200, 99° 45.780 Depth: 58.10 km (36.10 miles) Region: Middle America Country: Mexico Distances: 2.61 km (1.62 miles) S of Balsas, Guerrero Source: USGS-RSOE

USGS=RSOE Link

Something we should maybe keep our eye on tonight perhaps eh?
edit on 10/12/11 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/12/11 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I took a screen shot for those that can't see it for whatever reason. Sorry it is a bit grainy.

link   
reply to post by onehuman

wow I just checked out the site. looks like they started deep and now rising

link   

That is quite a few. I wonder if it is in any way "normal" for there to be an increase in seismic activity this time of year?

But either way, will keep an eye open.
edit on 11-12-2011 by Aqualung2012 because: edit

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

Yeah, I wonder if the full moon has anything to do with it. I saw on you tube it was being reported there are deaths etc., but I can't seem to find any news of it yet. Will keep looking though. Think Ill turn on the boob tube see how much we get before they decide to report it!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman

Yeah, I wonder if the full moon has anything to do with it. I saw on you tube it was being reported there are deaths etc., but I can't seem to find any news of it yet. Will keep looking though. Think Ill turn on the boob tube see how much we get before they decide to report it!

what? deaths? where on youtube? link it please...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I was going to make a post this morning about the lack of eq's recently. It seems everything is a little too calm, especially after all that has been happening.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I was really starting to get interested when a thought occurred to me and I clicked on the details from each of the 3 listings. They're all the same Earthquake from different reporting sources/stations. The EVENT time/date stamp is 01:47 UTC on all 3 listings with you click the question mark to the right....

That was starting to look real interesting too....

edit on 11-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Ack, I had stumbled across it, let me go back and look, Ive been surfing trying to find more in the news...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes, it was tarting to look that way j/k your type-o made me laugh. Tarting...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd

Yes, it was tarting to look that way j/k your type-o made me laugh. Tarting...

Lol... Yeah, I have one of these fancy G-510 Keyboards and I'm trying so hard to make it work...but it's come to be a real headache for the keys not registering a hit.... I was hoping I corrected that in time.. errrr...
I meant to do that? lol...

To OP:

Regardless, great catch and thread! I still star/flagged it for being so timely in seeing the three listings. On the main page the times are even quite different so it looks like 3 events. That is why I love ATS. At least a couple members are running across sites like this at almost any given time nearly 24/7. Not much gets by...and I blame RSOE for not being a bit more clear and cleaning up their data by now.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Thanks for that. I did go look again after you tarted it!

I still cant find where I saw that on youtube, I feel like a idiot now, getting tired, I still think I will watch for a bit because it was also showing Middle America wit 4+ (El Salvador) so something seems to be moving down there.

It is also showing on the RSOE 2 People dead in their update

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

USGS said 6.5 at 40 mile deep. The Pacific tsunami warning center said 6.8 40 miles. I read another that said 6.7 at 28 miles deep. How much damage will this cause?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It was just one quake so far I think:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

And no worries, it's just the entire western coast of the Americas that's getting ready to unzip. You know the quake in Vancouver at the top of Cascadia, and now one at the bottom? Next comes the middle, i.e., the west coast USA. The extremes are just starting to go first! Like in Japan, little do they realize that the entire thing is connected, and about to all go at once.

/fearmongering

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Thanks for that. I did go look again after you tarted it!

I still cant find where I saw that on youtube, I feel like a idiot now, getting tired, I still think I will watch for a bit because it was also showing Middle America wit 4+ (El Salvador) so something seems to be moving down there.

It is also showing on the RSOE 2 People dead in their update

Well, don't lose too much sleep. If its big, we'll know.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I was wondering if maybe the reason we are fracking the US is to help relieve pressure near fault zones. If it causes small earthquakes, that would be much better than one large release of pressure.

What do you think?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
There are alot of eartquakes going on now,
www.iris.edu...
Their numbers are increasing fast.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
How much damage will this cause?
Probably nothing special.

In places where earthquakes are common, a 6.5 quake doesn't make any damages, the buildings and other structures are already prepared for that.

The last earthquake I witnessed, in December 2009, was a 6.0, and only shook the furniture a little.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Yeah, I wonder if the full moon has anything to do with it.

The moon is always full.
Anything other than a full moon is simply the work of shadows/shade.
and neither shadows nor the lack of them can cause Earthquakes
from what I know of them.
edit on 11-12-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Gaia is angry.

It has many reasons to be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join