It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Woman from Botswana plays a guitar like never before

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Nothing in this thread is new or innovative.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker

She is quite good, she plays in a style similar to certain US mountain folk. Except their guitars are made to be played like that. Neverless she brings a smile to my face.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I joined just to share my friends Serge and "Django" on the streets in Belgium. The band Luna Nueva is such fun, they make silly videos where the music just seems to come as easy as breath, so for that i thank creator for the music and the smiles I got watching all the people from everywhere make music together in this thread...would that peace be as easy. They goof off a lot, but some of my favorite songs...like Boris (aka Bobo) singing with his mother Tima some old Gitano music...or video that starts with them being stupid about "chips" and then suddenly my Oli starts to play and Bobo sings off camera...it's amazing. Sometimes I wish they'd dispense with the horseplay and just sing
They're also close friends with my dear friend Philippe Cataldo, the french pop star and I think they made a few goofy vids with him...

But first, Serge and Django

edit on 11-12-2011 by scary because: seriously, that was not intuitive...videos did not show correctly.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Delysid
Nothing in this thread is new or innovative.

Your comment is the only one on the thread that had nothing nice to say.

So your post is unique in that way at least.

Peace

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I am still blown away by this guy.
2nd

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
he's absolutely awesome! gotta love someone with natural talent like that! big ups to botswana ronnie!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Really cool, reminds me of the Bhundu Boys, who were an 80s-90s band out of Zimbabwe that I had the extreme pleasure of opening for at the Music Machine off Pico in LA, circa 87...absolutely hypnotic. The rhythms were absolutely sick, as were some of the chords. The guitar style was to imitate the mbiri, or African thumb piano, that was common in their country, but was adapted to the guitar. This is a pretty good representation of the band, I believe the bass player, David Mankaba, later died of AIDS, the original lead singer, Biggie Tembo, committed suicide.

Bhundu Boys history

youtu.be...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 12-12-2011 by AmirFazadh because: Added/ fixed link

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

She is extremely talented and if history is any predictor someone will discover her talent and replicate it and steal the fame from her by claiming it as their own. She has an open face and an amazing "way." This was a great find. She should be brought to the attention of someone who will give her her due place in the world of the guitar.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Yes this is in fact a man. Mods, could you please change the title?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join