It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Reminder For the Ones Who Believe In Christ and God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

If god really loves us then he loves our imperfections, love is acceptance of all aspects of something and embracing them, therefore god loves murderers rapist sinners and every single person, why cant you?

I said I wasn't a christian.
My god doesn't love those who don't love. and he sure doesn't love those who put down this op who said words from the heart.
Maybe I'm wrong(see sig.). But the vast majority of the bible agrees with me. And the other parts...they still say God doesn't love those who don't seek forgiveness.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CesarO
I feel torn because i do agree with you but at the same time i believe one needs to be a balance individual acting always nice even if is not what you are feeling will just come back to bite you because you are not accepting your god given emotions and you are simply forcing yourself to act the way you think others would expect/want you to.

I know this is tough but this is what Jesus means when he says turn the other cheek. You see you will not be judged by the actions of others only by your own actions.

Here is the Good News. God has given us the ability to seek to do his will. When we realize that we fall short of God’s grace we repent and choose to do the will of God and let our will die on the cross. If we can have the faith to do this God will become your guide, and together you will overcome sin.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by angus1745
Your belief in a supernatural entity had nothing to do with your experience.

God and jesus have no physical influence on your life or events in it whatsoever.

Your belief in these non existant forces is what caused the turnaround in your life. If it helps you to think that and if it made you improve yourself fine. It was all you. There is no 'Him' or Jesus. It's all fairy stories used for centuries as a control system for the church.No omnipotent benevolent super being governs your or anyone elses destiny. To still cling to this rubbish knowing full well how scientifically improbable makes it seem like an emotional crutch to help those who cannot solve their own problems and need some invisible being to magically make it all get better. Most religious folk know deep down inside that it's all hooey. They just cant admit it to themselves.

'All religion is childish superstition.' - Albert Einstein

For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. Ever since the creation of the world his eternal power and divine nature, invisible though they are, have been understood and seen through the things he has made. So they are without excuse (Romans 1:19, 20).

Scripture says that God's existence is evident to everyone. So I know that when you say there is no God that you are trying to justify your life and convince yourself. God has told me this so I know that I do not need to argue this point with you. Continue to fight what you know is true or accept it and learn how to have a relationship with a God that loves you.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

If god really loves us then he loves our imperfections, love is acceptance of all aspects of something and embracing them, therefore god loves murderers rapist sinners and every single person, why cant you?

I said I wasn't a christian.
My god doesn't love those who don't love. and he sure doesn't love those who put down this op who said words from the heart.
Maybe I'm wrong(see sig.). But the vast majority of the bible agrees with me. And the other parts...they still say God doesn't love those who don't seek forgiveness.

Well not once have i said that you are a christian, and i'm not sure what god you are referring too but if there is a God that hates then he is no God because hate is an imperfect emotion for humans, my words come from my heart and from love but the problem is you believe love is agreeing with everyone and saying nice things and acting happy, my believe if love is accepting people for what they are, doing the right thing for them even if it hurts them and making sure that people can be at peace even if they have to go through # first to get there. Please don't claim that you know what God the creator of the whole universe is thinking or doing. Every single "Holy Text" has been rewritten/altered/translated over thousands of years to better fit whatever that religion wanted the people to do so be careful what you buy into. Sorry for the rant, i love you and don't want you to be ignorant or maybe i'm the ignorant one but i'm sure God will forgive me :p .

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

It says right in revelation that liars, murderers, and the sexually immoral will go into the fire. This is not an "if" it will happen and by Christ's own mouth. God hates sin. Cain murdered Abel and what did God do to him? He cursed him and put a mark on him and sent him into the wilderness.

The 6th commandment is "you shall not murder"

The Mosaic laws were given to Moses to judge mankind and by those laws men were damned and it was only the grace of Jesus that he fulfilled those laws so that we don't pay the price for our sins. The only unforgiveable sin is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit or slandering him and saying evil things about him. If you seek forgiveness you shall be forgiven of any sins or blashphemies except that one. Once you repent and ask forgiveness the slate is wiped clean and you are no longer a murderer or rapist in his eyes, but if you do not repent then he still sees that sin. Repent means to seek forgiveness and then you do not do those things anymore. The objective for true believers is to love the person but hate their sinful ways.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

I feel torn because i do agree with you but at the same time i believe one needs to be a balance individual acting always nice even if is not what you are feeling will just come back to bite you because you are not accepting your god given emotions and you are simply forcing yourself to act the way you think others would expect/want you to.

I know this is tough but this is what Jesus means when he says turn the other cheek. You see you will not be judged by the actions of others only by your own actions.

Here is the Good News. God has given us the ability to seek to do his will. When we realize that we fall short of God’s grace we repent and choose to do the will of God and let our will die on the cross. If we can have the faith to do this God will become your guide, and together you will overcome sin.

I can agree with this.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by concerned24
reply to post by sacgamer25

Thank you

Your welcome, feel free to use that definition whenever you like. I’ve been working on getting that right for a while now.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
You do realize that you base every single thought from a book written by man that again as i said has been translated/edited/rewritten hundreds of time as they have gone through different civilizations not only that the stories found in your book are found in books that are thousands of years older than yours? Does that ever cross your mind while you quote it or as you regurgitate what you have read? And all i have said can and has been proven.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

You do realize that you base every single thought from a book written by man that again as i said has been translated/edited/rewritten hundreds of time as they have gone through different civilizations not only that the stories found in your book are found in books that are thousands of years older than yours? Does that ever cross your mind while you quote it or as you regurgitate what you have read? And all i have said can and has been proven.

Actually none of what you said can be proven but you can feel free to believe what you want. As for the various changes that you suppose have been made, again you are incorrect. All of the translations that I have looked at keep the message intact.

You see you believe things that you have been told by men. I believe things that I have been told by God. It amazes me that almost all human beings admit to some form of God that created all things that we see, but don’t credit a being with this much power to use men to write a book.

What you need to try and realize is we all see love as the most godly emotion. So if this is true, and it is, than it would only seem loving for God to give us a book that answers pretty much every major philosophical question that man has.

It is also easy to assume that the bible is the book that God is pointing too since it’s the number one most published book in history. It is estimated that the number of bibles printed is somewhere between 2 and 7 billion. Maybe God is loving enough to give us a book and is screaming at us, in a loving tone of course
, to pick it up and read it. I only say maybe for your benefit what I say is true.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
>Actually none of what you said can be proven but you can feel free to believe what you want.

Its not about me believing or not it is a scientific/historical fact that you can learn by doing research.

>As for the various changes that you suppose have been made, again you are incorrect.All of the translations that I have looked at keep the message intact.

And you base me being incorrect on what? And how many are would those be because there are countless ones because as you know the bible was not written in English and it is not one book but stories put together. So in the end is all about your opinion against those of thousands of researchers that have already stated this.

>You see you believe things that you have been told by men. I believe things that I have been told by God.

Yeah society calls these people Schizophrenic, i'm not even gonna touch that.

Im not even gonna go further because it is disrespectful to the OP we have both derailed the thread, you believe whatever helps you sleep at night ill stay with my beliefs and we will see when our physical body dies.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

Hey ceasar, i sent you a private message

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

God needs a book to speak for him...lol ok.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

God and jesus have no physical influence on your life or events in it whatsoever.

Your belief in these non existant forces is what caused the turnaround in your life. If it helps you to think that and if it made you improve yourself fine. It was all you. There is no 'Him' or Jesus. It's all fairy stories used for centuries as a control system for the church.No omnipotent benevolent super being governs your or anyone elses destiny. To still cling to this rubbish knowing full well how scientifically improbable makes it seem like an emotional crutch to help those who cannot solve their own problems and need some invisible being to magically make it all get better. Most religious folk know deep down inside that it's all hooey. They just cant admit it to themselves.

Religon is for those that are afraid of hell. Spirutuallity is for the ones that have already been there. Just because you have not proof off god/the all do not mean it do not exists. Some people belive, some people know thru their experiance. Spend a day in my head and see all the synchronicety and we will see if you think everything is ever random again.

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear
Buddhist Proverb

Collected Quotes from Albert Einstein
"I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
"A person starts to live when he can live outside himself." (The awakeening)
"I am convinced that He (God) does not play dice."
"God is subtle but he is not malicious."
"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind."
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeeded be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."
"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."
"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."

Einstein seem to be belive in god, as a spirutal person. I normally feel that the Bible is a hard way to find god but it is not for me to choose the path for anyone. If the person is truely after god and not the religon then she will find him/her/it. For those that seek finds.

Thanks op for your post. Love from a soulbrother. Namaste

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
reply to post by CesarO

God needs a book to speak for him...lol ok.

He/she/it kinda manages to do it without books also
. You just have to be able to let go of your ego and let him/she/it guide you. We are all where we are supposed to be to evolve the most. All people end up where they deserve according to their actions. Since I kinda feel being an ant will not really teach me much I will instead evolve to an higher being than humans. That means learning the lesson I was sent here for. Good luck in your soul evolution. Namaste

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
All I can say is thanks and God Bless for standing up and trying to reach out to people with a very kind and TRUE message. You have family in all those who believe in Christ alongside you, I'm your brother so Merrry Christmas friend.

I personally have been on the same road, full of hate and depressed beyond belief. I hit rock bottom and then I returned to God and asking for forgiveness in the name of Jesus. My life has turned 180 degrees and the my broken mind and heart has been healed beyond belief. Im still not perfect, I got my flaws but the hate that emcompassed me has gone. Jesus is LOVE personified. So thankyou for this heartfelt message and I will say it has struck a chord with me!
For the rest of you I know its easy to laugh at us Jesus freaks but trust me Aliens and the Paranorma such as Ghost have no love for you like Christ does. Sorry for being so full on!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dflogan77

Thank you, I needed to hear that today
thanks for listening to christ. I fail at that sometimes but been doing alot better lately. stay true! God bless you and have a wonderful christmas. Much Love your way to you and your family.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned24

I CANNOT thank you enough for this. Reading things like these are what refresh my faith in humanity. Every time I'm ALMOST tempted to wonder "Why did Christ die for people who refuse Him and seem to spend their lives filled with hate for all believers?", I read something like this, and I get my answer. Anybody can have a complete reversal in their life, and be an example of God's grace. Thank you, God bless you, and have a merry Christmas!!

Nonsense. Utter nonsense. I could bore you with "Intelligent Design" arguments (irreducible complexities and all that), but now is not the time. And I can tell you that God DOES exist. I see evidence of God's existence and grace everyday, and so can you. If you look for it, you can see it. And if (and I hope, when) you see it, you'll be amazed that you could ever doubt. Or better yet, I recommend that you read "Case for a Creator". It's the account of a reporter who specifically sought to prove that God couldn't exist. I think it'd be a great starting point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join