It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason for Optimism (Without Requiring Blind Faith)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Jason Silva: Techno Optimism

This is quite a fascinating video (I've had to provide the link, as I was having trouble embedding it), delving into futurist ideas such as the eventual convergence of technology and consciousness.

I felt compelled to post this in face of all the doom and gloom floating around the air. Things honestly do seem rather dismal as of late, especially if one is simply following the home page of ATS

But this guy makes a good point in terms of the negative simply being more obvious then it has ever been, coupled with the fact that the overall standards of living have never been as high as they are for such a large amount of people.

Yes there is still war; yes there is still murder, rape, homelessness, and starving people. Perhaps there is still a mysterious cabal of people plotting the enslavement of the human race. And yes, maybe we will see revolution worldwide that may or may not turn out to be bloody in nature. But it is my opinion that these are simple speed-bumps towards the inevitability of our self-development.

The simple fact that we can now gain a better objective vantage point into the negative causation that effect our lives and society as a whole gives the average laymen the first opportunity in history to liberate himself from an ignorant existence of reliance.

Information can no longer be syndicated, and that, to me, is the first big step towards a lasting freedom.
edit on 10-12-2011 by vardlokkur because: embedding issues

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by vardlokkur

Information can no longer be syndicated, and that, to me, is the first big step towards a lasting freedom.

That's the line right there.

That one was all I needed.

edit on 10-12-2011 by rbnhd76 because: format

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by rbnhd76

Originally posted by vardlokkur

That's the line right there.

That one was all I needed.

edit on 10-12-2011 by rbnhd76 because: format

quoting post to show agreement
star and flag

knowledge is freedom
xploder

join