It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If John Corzine was in China would he be executed? Didn't they just have........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Some investment people who took money from clients sentenced to death and actually executed?

Just saying. -----------------------

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wonhunlo

I believe China has removed a few people from society in the ultimate way for white collar crimes. As nice as that may be to day dream about if you've been on the pointy end of the rip-off one of these guys pulls, I'm glad this isn't China for this point and I doubt many Americans would agree with ever going that far.....although I wouldn't have said a thing if I didn't believe a fair % still would.. Hmm..

What I WOULD like to see on this mega-swindlers and "arch-villains" of the Corzine, Madoff, Enron variety is a new mandatory prison sentence of the federal type. They are so hip hot for mandatory this or that on possession of substances or a myriad of other street crime/robbery charges....so why not at least the WORST of the 'White Collar' scumbags???

Heck...surely the WORST can get their just rewards...with an inmate number? We'll see with Corzine...but I'm sure not hopeful. How can society as a whole respect the law when criminals at these unthinkable levels of money and material loss always seem to get off with a light slap or time done in Camp Snoopy? Something seriously needs fixing, IMHO....just not a death penalty.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
If Corzine was in China he'd be another government flunky and protected by his master they only execute the people they don't need or who screw up really bad so that the common people don't hit the streets and interrupt production and burn public buildings.

Corzine didn't screw up he "lost" that money right where it needed to go in to the black hole that is the world economy where it could be redistributed to shady overseas clearing houses in Europe,Asia,and Africa to prop up their failing banks.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonhunlo
Some investment people who took money from clients sentenced to death and actually executed?

Just saying. -----------------------

Totally agree, in China they have a saying ... "Kill the monkey, to scare the Tiger".... if America were to start to punish these blatant lying white collar criminals, the world would be a better place. I cannot even try and understand a judicial system such as the USA where people such as Corzine after the MF Global disaster are even allowed to be free while any serious investigation gets underway.... but then again, I doubt any serious investigation will ever get underway in the USA, it is so corrupt and morally damaged nothing will happen to these guys.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bakedbluedevil
If Corzine was in China he'd be another government flunky and protected by his master they only execute the people they don't need or who screw up really bad so that the common people don't hit the streets and interrupt production and burn public buildings.

Corzine didn't screw up he "lost" that money right where it needed to go in to the black hole that is the world economy where it could be redistributed to shady overseas clearing houses in Europe,Asia,and Africa to prop up their failing banks.

I guess then he will walk free. Try to pass a fake 20 at a grocery store and see what you get.--------------------

new topics

top topics

join