It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May You Help Me Find More?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm trying to look for a particular nuance of music that I really enjoy. It comes from a wide arrange of bands but all have a similar feel to them in these songs I'm about to lay down. Any songs that sound similar or songs that I didn't type down from the same band, please, don't hesitate to share.

They are:

Into Dust--- by Mazzy Star
Mad World--- covered by Alex Parks
The whole album of The Other Side--- by Godsmack
Vermillion pt. 2---- by Slipknot
Yellow ledbetter---- by Pearl Jam
Black--- done by Pearl Jam
Far Behind---by Candlebox
She Talks to Angels---- by The Black Crowes
Fool in the Rain---- by Led Zeppelin
Over the Hills and Far Away--- also by Led Zeppelin
Wish You Were Here---- by Pink Floyd
Mother--- by Pink Floyd
Shelf in the Room----- by Days of the New
Don't Follow--- by Alice in Chains
Little Lion Man---- by Mumford and Sons
Lonely day---- by System of a Down
Wicked Game---- beautifully covered by Stone Sour
Stellar---- by Incubus
Warning----- by Incubus
My immortal---- by Evanescence
Epiphany--- by Staind
Time--- by Pink Floyd
Brain Damage/Eclipse---- by Pink Floyd

Most of these are dominated by acoustic guitars, pianos, and solid vocalists and the bands are from a wide arrange of genre's of music but all these songs have the same musical feel. Slow, majestic, dark, sad yet sometimes are uplifting with great lyrics. Hard to explain so that's why I didn't give just one genre but said a little nuance of the music industry.

Anybody have songs that sound similar to these that they would like to share. Either from different bands or songs from the bands I've already mentioned that I may not have come acrossed yet? I'm trying to expand my collection of these. Thanks in advance!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Here's a song...it's by A Perfect Circle. They have 3 main albums- Mer de Noms, Thirteen Steps and eMotive (cover songs). You might like them a lot.

I picked this song to post because if I feel like listening to Don't Follow by Alice in Chains, I may feel like listening to this one too.
edit on 10-12-2011 by MzMorbid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Ah yes, a Perfect Circle. I've heard of them. They have the singer from Tool, right? Thanks!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Chad_Thomas89

Yes, it is the singer from Tool. Another member is from Smashing Pumpkins. All good musicians; very talented. Mr. Keenan would have it no other way.

new topics

top topics

join