The Last of Us. The Trailer is..*droolz* (Naughty Dog Game!)

page: 1
3

log in

join

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   


This game looks soo amazing
edit on 10-12-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)




posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz
 


If you check out the game's website lastofus.com... they have a video that hints at the story a little. Looks like an ant infected with o. unilateralis. I can see that being a fantastic story if they don't make it beyond believable.

o. unilateralis wiki : en.wikipedia.org...



posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hmm interesting concept. A pleasent reprieve than your normal to death zombie outbreak.



posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The ‘The Last of Us’ trailer was rendered in-engine on PS3.


Link
confirmed! in-game graphics!
edit on 11-12-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)
edit on 11-12-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

^ LOL



posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Regarding it being in-game graphics, i seriously doubt it. They probably just polished it off for the trailer tbh... I hope i'm wrong though.

One thing is for sure though - the dogs did it again!
edit on 12-12-2011 by aRogue because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue
Regarding it being in-game graphics, i seriously doubt it. They probably just polished it off for the trailer tbh... I hope i'm wrong though.

One thing is for sure though - the dogs did it again!
edit on 12-12-2011 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

confirmed by naughty dogs twitter that it was all rendered in-game



posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
That isn't the first time i've seen that trick pulled and we've all fallen for it... Once again i hope your right and if there were to be a company that could actually pull it off 100% in-game it would be Naughty Dog. But it honestly looks too good to be true imo...

I'll guess we'll have to wait for it to come out to see if it's for real.



posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue
That isn't the first time i've seen that trick pulled and we've all fallen for it... Once again i hope your right and if there were to be a company that could actually pull it off 100% in-game it would be Naughty Dog. But it honestly looks too good to be true imo...

I'll guess we'll have to wait for it to come out to see if it's for real.


You can see some stair steps in some areas and texture pop in's at the end of the trailer (white van, back bumper to the right). There are also some low textures in some areas.



posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Trailer looks good, but we've seen similar (awesome trailer compared to gameplay) with Dead Island.
It looks interesting none the less, I wonder if it will be 3rd person or 1st person.

Looking at either Res Evil type gameplay or Dead Island gameplay.



posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Interesting, but the zombie genera has been done to death, they would really need to mix things up to get people interested in another zombie game....Though naughty Dog is one company that can probably do that, so I at least will look forward to see what they do and were they go with this.



posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
Trailer looks good, but we've seen similar (awesome trailer compared to gameplay) with Dead Island.
It looks interesting none the less, I wonder if it will be 3rd person or 1st person.

Looking at either Res Evil type gameplay or Dead Island gameplay.


Its third person, they say the story isnt about the "zombies", if it was they wouldnt have showed it in the trailer, creative director says. Naughty Dog says their not even going for a survival horror zombie game. The story is a love story, not a romance story, but about the (father and daughter like) relationship between the guy and the girl.
edit on 13-12-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Who do we play as? The girl i'm guessing since she's the narrator...?



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by aRogue
 


It's most likely its the guy. Think about it (:



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
What other games (other than Uncharted) has Naughty Dog made, I recognise the name and know ive played one or two of their games before, but cannot remember. I went to their website and it only lists the Uncharted games and this.


Do you think this could be like Heavy Rain? If it's not a survival horror or 1st person shooter, what other gameplay mechanics could work here???

Not that I even care because I don't own PS3. Though my bro does have one.

Infact thinking about it, was Heavy Rain a Naughty Dog game???
edit on 14-12-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
They were behind the Crash Bandicoot franchise.



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
What other games (other than Uncharted) has Naughty Dog made, I recognise the name and know ive played one or two of their games before, but cannot remember. I went to their website and it only lists the Uncharted games and this.


Do you think this could be like Heavy Rain? If it's not a survival horror or 1st person shooter, what other gameplay mechanics could work here???

Not that I even care because I don't own PS3. Though my bro does have one.

Infact thinking about it, was Heavy Rain a Naughty Dog game???
edit on 14-12-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)


They confirmed it its a third person shooter, but they also said it will be more cinematic than uncharted. Maybe like the game Metal gear Solid 4? Heavy Rainish maybe?





 
3

log in

join