It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Regime Warns All Americans:[Sorcha Faal]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Pulled from totalcollapse.com:
www.thetotalcollapse.com...

(Posted Dec 3rd.)

In one of the most stunning reversals of human rights in modern history the Federal Security Service (FSB) is reporting today that the Obama regime has issued a blunt warning to all American citizens that, in essence, states that any one of these once free people who dare to oppose their government they will be immediately killed and offered no chance to defend themselves before a Court and/or jury of their peers.

According to this report, this unprecedented attack was begun yesterday when the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) General Counsel Stephen Preston in responding to a question at an American Bar Association national security conference bluntly stated that “American citizens are not immune from being treated like an enemy if they take up arms against the United States.”

When letting ATS members on to a new story please include the following:

A link.
A quote of the article (No longer than 3 paragraphs)
Your own thoughts.

edit on 12/10/2011 by SkepticOverlord because: article is from a known source of hoaxes

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker

NNnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooo......!!!!

Original source whatdoesitmean.com (any time you see news from the FSB, look for this) - Sorcha Faal's release site...coincidentally hosted out of Langley, Virginia.

Not saying it's NOT true, but...crikey. I've seen so much terrifying news that never materialized in the real world from these people.

edit on 12/10/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

A CIA drone strike killed Anwar al-Awlaki, an American-born cleric linked to Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, earlier this year. He was linked to failed plots to blow up a U.S.-bound passenger plane in 2009 and cargo planes headed for the United States in 2010, U.S. officials say.

Preston said he would not discuss Awlaki or any specific operations. "I will make this observation that citizenship does not confer immunity on one who takes up arms against his own country. It didn't in World War Two when there were American citizens who joined the Nazi army and it doesn't today," Preston said.

I think this is more towards people who would want to commit an act of terrorism against the US, in which this doesn't discriminate against who it is, even if it's a legal US citizen. Which I agree with.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Reply to post by WiindWalker

The Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation (FSB) the Russian Federation and the main successor agency of the Soviet Committee of State Security (KGB).

this is from wikipedia. I just wanted to add that to you thread.

Any other sources?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Saw this a few days ago on the ACLU's Blog of Rights which does indeed say that this bill is on the fast track to passage. Here's the link:

ACLU Blog of Rights

A few important notations from the ACLU article (which I find much more credible than the one cited in the OP):

The Senate voted last Thursday to pass S. 1867, the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which would authorize the president to send the military literally anywhere in the world to imprison civilians without charge or trial. Prison based on suspicion alone. The power is so sweeping that the president would be able to direct the military to use its powers within the United States itself, and even lock up American citizens without charge or trial.

Section 1031 — one of the indefinite detention provisions — of the Senate-approved version of the NDAA has no limitations whatsoever based on geography, duration or citizenship. And the entire Senate bill was drafted in secret, with no hearing, and with committee votes behind closed doors.

Back in May, the House of Representatives passed its own version of the NDAA, which had a provision authorizing worldwide war wherever any terrorism suspect resides, even if there is no threat to America or Americans. Buried in the bill is a sentence that lets the president order the military to lock up without charge or trial American citizens and anyone else he decides is a suspect, even if the person is right here in America or in such friendly countries as Canada, Great Britain, or France.

Now, the two bills are in conference committee. The chairmen and ranking members of the Armed Services Committee — known as "the Big Four" — have been having one secret meeting after another over the past few days to quickly write a final bill. Who are the Big Four? From the Senate, it is Sens. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) and John McCain (R-Ariz.) who were the very two who had secretly written the Senate indefinite detention provisions. The third member is the House Armed Services Committee Chairman Buck McKeon (R-Calif.), who is the person who wrote the House indefinite detention provisions without so much as a hearing. And the fourth member is the House Armed Services Committee Ranking Member Adam Smith (D-Wash.), who courageously fought the indefinite detention provisions on the House floor.

Amazingly, as soon as a week from today, a final bill could be passed by Congress and headed to President Obama's desk. His White House has repeatedly threatened to veto the NDAA if these dangerous provisions stay in the bill.

So the President has said that he will veto the bill unless many of the dangerous provisions are taken out. I personally believe that this is exactly what will happen.

edit on 12/10/2011 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Well let me be the first to say BRING IT ON UNCLE SCAM!!!!!
Respectively, 2nd line.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GR1ill3d

I think this is more towards people who would want to commit an act of terrorism against the US, in which this doesn't discriminate against who it is, even if it's a legal US citizen. Which I agree with.

A few problems with that, shadiness of the article itself aside.

Even if you won't extend the argument to anyone else, US citizens are guaranteed due process, habeas corpus, and their day in court according to the constitution. You need an amendment to get around that in any honesty, and I'm frankly terrified that anyone would want to "just because someone said so".

Additionally, when the government continues to expand their watchlists, definitions of terrorism, eyeballing preppers, and all sorts of things, the net gets wider and wider and you, my friend, have discovered the meaning of the term "slippery slope". Eventually everyone is considered a likely enemy, loyalties must be proven instead of innocence assumed until proven guilty, and the "land of the free and home of the brave" is even further from that than it already is (with the highest incarceration rate in the world and people so afraid of boogeymen that the government essentially has a blank check to do as it will in the name of "security" - don't EVER forget what Franklin said about trading liberty for security, please).

Take care.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Come on this is just lazy.

1. Chase back your sources
2. Find the official statement, not a second (or third) hand report.
3. Use the ex tags
4. Only post a snippet
5. Give us your thoughts on the story.

And yes, as said this is a Sorcha Faal article, a known fraudster, but even it wasn't such articles should be taken with a grain of salt until an official document is presented.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Dear America,

If you vote this dictator in again (assuming you still have the right to vote when the time comes) , you'll get what you deserve. For those that still stand behind Obama, YOU are the enemy of the people, your neighbors, friends and family.

You are either with the people or against them...sound familiar?

Make the right choice now because the lines are being drawn and after it's done, it will be too late.

Peace

edit on 10-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

It's basically on Reuters too...

I know we don't like the MSM, but even THEY have more credibility than Sorcha Faal.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Dear America,

If you vote this dictator in again (assuming you still have the right to vote when the time comes) , you'll get what you deserve. For those that still stand behind Obama, YOU are the enemy of the people, your neighbors, friends and family.

You are either with the people or against them...sound familiar?

Make the right choice now because the lines are being drawn and after it's done, it will be too late.

Peace

edit on 10-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

I agree with you in theory, Jude11, but differ in timing because, IMHO, it's already too late. That proverbial shipped already sailed and whether most people know it or not, we've been living with the consequences of our choices and apathy for a long time now.

Obama is merely an extention of what has been eroding our country for a long, long time and quite frankly, I don't see many choices on the other side of the fence who are going to be able to reverse all of the damage that's been done over the last 40+ years. I used to think that the corrosive wheels were set in motion with the re-election of Bush, Jr. but have come to realize that we were #'d long before that.

I typically try not to post a "woe is me" type of response that doesn't have something of substance to add, but I'm at a loss. We've already become our own worst enemy - now it's merely a matter of trying to discern between the lesser of two evils and until we know who the opposition will be, it's impossible to make that call.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal

So the President has said that he will veto the bill unless many of the dangerous provisions are taken out. I personally believe that this is exactly what will happen.

Let's hope so. It would be a good move on his part to veto this bill.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Come on this is just lazy.

1. Chase back your sources
2. Find the official statement, not a second (or third) hand report.
3. Use the ex tags
4. Only post a snippet
5. Give us your thoughts on the story.

And yes, as said this is a Sorcha Faal article, a known fraudster, but even it wasn't such articles should be taken with a grain of salt until an official document is presented.

I appreciate you wanting me to "go all out". But I was just bring information to ATS, that's all. My opinion on the matter is not going to sway this decision regardless.

And really, I am not trying to win a popularity contest here. I am just bringing important news, whether it be false or true, to the ATS board.
edit on 10-12-2011 by WiindWalker because: Added info

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiindWalker
Pulled from totalcollapse.com:
www.thetotalcollapse.com...

(Posted Dec 3rd.)

In one of the most stunning reversals of human rights in modern history the Federal Security Service (FSB) is reporting today that the Obama regime has issued a blunt warning to all American citizens that, in essence, states that any one of these once free people who dare to oppose their government they will be immediately killed and offered no chance to defend themselves before a Court and/or jury of their peers.

According to this report, this unprecedented attack was begun yesterday when the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) General Counsel Stephen Preston in responding to a question at an American Bar Association national security conference bluntly stated that “American citizens are not immune from being treated like an enemy if they take up arms against the United States.”

Here is the quote and link to Reuters.
(Reuters) - American citizens are not immune from being treated like an enemy if they take up arms against the United States, the CIA general counsel said on Thursday.

"CIA General Counsel Stephen Preston was responding to a question at an American Bar Association national security conference about the killing of Americans overseas without presenting evidence of wrongdoing.

A CIA drone strike killed Anwar al-Awlaki, an American-born cleric linked to Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, earlier this year.

He was linked to failed plots to blow up a U.S.-bound passenger plane in 2009 and cargo planes headed for the United States in 2010, U.S. officials say.

Preston said he would not discuss Awlaki or any specific operations.

"I will make this observation that citizenship does not confer immunity on one who takes up arms against his own country. It didn't in World War Two when there were American citizens who joined the Nazi army and it doesn't today," Preston said.

Jeh Johnson, Defense Department general counsel, said he echoed Preston's comments "in terms of those who are combatants, part of the congressionally declared enemy, who also happen to be U.S. citizens."

But he said the same view would not apply to someone who was not considered an enemy combatant.

"We go down a slippery slope if an individual who wants to do harm to Americans and who is inspired in his own basement by the writings he has read from al Qaeda and he hasn't interacted with a single other individual in that group, yet he has decided to do violence against America based on what he read, in my view is not part of the congressionally declared enemy and we have to be careful not to go down that landscape," Johnson said.

He said it was not feasible to take decisions made on enemy combatants to courts each time.

"Courts are not equipped to make those types of decisions which very often are based moment-by-moment on an intelligence picture that constantly evolves," Johnson said."
www.reuters.com...

Sad times we are in now.

edit on 10-12-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Well, unless some false flag occurs before it reaches his desk for signature, I don't see how he will have any choice if he thinks he has a snowball's chance of being re-elected.

The Patriot Act was conceived out of fear and the consequence of that charade has forever changed our lives. In this case, nothing has occurred on home soil - yet - to justify this type of additional infringement on our rights (or appearance thereof).

Time will tell, I suppose.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

What reason do we have to think this ISN'T true? I get so tired of all these posts saying sorcha faal is a fraud but you know what? I've seen threads like this where something mildly alarming is brought up, then the thread is derailed into a sorcha faal bashathon, then a couple weeks later the story gets spun to us by the msm for a couple seconds, then nothing is ever mentioned again. I swear I read about the korean warship sinking on that website about a month before msm brought it up.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I appreciate you wanting me to "go all out". But I was just bring information to ATS, that's all. My opinion on the matter is not going to sway this decision regardless.

And really, I am not trying to win a popularity contest here. I am just bringing important news, whether it be false or true, to the ATS board.

I'm going to agree with Chadwickus. Your thread intro was lazy. Not only was it just cut and paste, but you also failed to use the external text codes.

And for the record FALSE news should never be IMPORTANT news.

... I am just bringing important news, whether it be false or true, to the ATS board.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I mean really, mods, I apologize for the lack of my own input. But seriously, I am just trying to spread information here. Especially considering how much of an impact this info has on the US.
edit on 10-12-2011 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Aside from the fact that certain people don't like the source. What about the article isn't true? I was taught the truth is the truth no matter where you find it.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by greenWeenie

Take it up with the owners buddy!

Originally posted by Springer

I will happily "declare" that ALL threads using Sorcha Faal as a source, directly or indirectly, will be put in the dread ATS [HOAX] Forum as soon as they are discovered by staff or reported by the Membership.

We do NOT want to support such garbage with any publicity on the Big ATS at all.

Springer...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join