It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A glitch in the Search Function?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Something wrong.

I heard today on the radio that there is a Jack the Ripper style serial killer on the loose in the Ottawa region, targeting prostitutes. I have searched on line and found a few links that talk about it. One in particular that I wish to highlight where Ottawa police chief Vern White issues a warning to sex-trade women and all women in general as well.

I want to make a thread on this and used the search function...

I only typed ripper and Ottawa to see what would turn out. Now, every single link that comes out talks about everything but. UFOs, weather, the sky, plane crash, name it. All irrelevant. BUT they ALL have the line "A Serious Jack the Ripper Candidate?" in them !

Now what is really weird is that I mentioned this to Rising Against earlier on today in the chat room. And congratulated him about his Ripper thread, which coincidentally is called "Mr James Kelly..A Serious Jack the Ripper Candidate?"

So, basically, what I'm saying here is...I'm lost...is there a glitch somewhere?

ETA: examples

slave trade in Canada, page 4
Mar 9, 2010 ... Ottawa, the slave traded torture industry, Ceausescu's cowudders built with payola. Slummie's ...... A Serious Jack the Ripper Candidate? ...

Bob Katter, a man of wisdom, page 1
Ottawa,ON K1A 0K2 ... matters seriously and your opinions were heard loud and clear here in Ottawa. .... A Serious Jack the Ripper Candidate? ...

We are experiencing a “Sun Transit Pop. ", page 1
The Ottawa-based owner and operator of one of the largestand most powerful .... A Serious Jack the Ripper Candidate? Posted 4 days ago with ...

U.S. military's magic pill to replace food, burn fat, page 1
May 30, 2005... fat stores," says Dent, medical director of the Ottawa Hospital's Weight Management Clinic. ... A Serious Jack the Ripper Candidate? ...

I retried the search with "serial killer ottawa" and it comes out normal...
edit on 10-12-2011 by SonoftheSun because: put in examples.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Sorry, all I wanted to do was post an interesting thread, I didn't mean to break the search feature for ATS, lol.

Anyway in all seriousness I just checked for myself and yeah, the "glitch" appears for me too. No idea why. With bumping this thread though hopefully a mod will come along and let us know what's going on and why it does that.

edit on 11-12-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I too have seen glitches in the search function. Sometimes it doesn't work at all, you cannot see the text box, other times it takes you to a google page, and sometimes it does like you say. I think it is a java script error myself.

new topics

join