It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1967 Abduction of Herbert Schirmer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Not only does this information lead to the witness being ridiculed and embarrassed but is given to individuals who would not know better, thus more willing to accept what he is being told. To use the Schirmer case as an example, a cop (relative to science, a lay person) being told in 1967 that these beings are from/have a base on Venus would not question the claim as say an astronomer would.

There is a much simpler explanation that fits the facts: the ‘contactees’ are making it all up.

In 1967, no-one knew Venus was an uninhabitable hell-hole. Back then, it was known as ‘Earth’s sister planet’ and some imagined at a place of hot, steaming jungles under cover of eternal clouds. Not pleasant, but certainly habitable, at least by aliens. This is probably the image of Venus Mr. Schirmer had in his mind, which is why he suggested his spacemen came from Venus.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
this story reminds me of a case in england , a police man was on patrol near todmorden , he experienced lost time during his encounter , but under hypnosis he related a simular tale.
i believe he left the police force soon after .

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Such is the way the UFO myth is carried forth by accident or design.
The average person will not believe such an account, but the story itself, lives on in general details.
that is because it dares to suggest a question about the Universe that at that point in 1967 and still yet today, not everyone can face.

Every day the answer to that question becomes more fleshed out with data and detail about what is out there. The beauty and horror of it all vie for position as the population of the world in its various stages of acceptance and denial move forward into what will one day be seen as the perfect logic of how the Universe is.... But the situation will not change. It will remain a real, constant beauty and horror.

As an abuctee in 1964, I've lived my own version of Schirmer's life. Eventually, you all will if you live long enough. Flat denial because of religion or because of pig-headed blindness will not alter the eventual revelation that the UFO "myth" of other creatures, god-like creatures and perhaps even demon-like creatures, are out there.

I've never been abducted. But I'm with this guy.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join