It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN General Assembly Passes 9 Resolutions Against Israel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Yeah sure.
4000 and counting Israelis died in the last two months by the evil Zionist government.
And dozens of Arabs are murdered by Arabs everyday in terror attacks. That's also the fault of the evil boogeyman Zionists government.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

You're deflecting, as usual.

You're trying to make it sound like I support Assad's regime. The situation over there is very complicated and you either refuse to admit you realize this or you're just too blinded by your pride.

Why do you refuse to discuss any of Israel's faults?

Do you not see the hypocrisy in your ways?

You support UN resolutions against Syria, yet you refuse to give any merit to UN resolutions against Israel.

So I guess what you're saying is that the UN is good if their condemning Syria, but they're not worthy of acknowledgement if they're criticizing Israel?

Surely you must see the irony in this.
edit on 11-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: grammar

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The cookie cutter image that The Israelis have been portraying is now ending and dying. The truth is now coming out!

This is not about defending Assad or Israel it is about the world doing what is right. To allow Israel to continually do whatever they want is clearly no longer an option and the more the US backs their play blindly the worse off we stateside look.

Israel cannot stand the fact that their war crimes and atrocities of continued human rights violations are being exposed. The truth about them is now coming out.

This has everything to do with human rights!
edit on 11-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
I find it amusing that the UN, as corrupt an organization as exists in our world, has the big brass ones to condemn anyone for anything...

It'd be laughable, if it weren't so pathetic. The UN? Really?

You know who votes on these resolutions, right? It's not the UN, it's the member nations. When you've got over 150 nations that vote "for" and 7 that vote "against" that's got to say something. But has already been said, Israel will just ignore these resolutions. Add them to the dozens of others that they have ignored.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

With 150 voting yay that means that the era of them ignoring these deals is hopefully over and done as you cannpt have 1/2 of the entire world against your stance and not have them do nothing which makes it impossible for them to ignore as there will always be a nation there saying "Nuh-uh, Don't even think about it.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

With 150 voting nay that means that the era of them ignoring these deals is hopefully over and done as you cannpt have 1/2 of the entire world against your stance and not have them do nothing which makes it impossible for them to ignore as there will always be a nation there saying "Nuh-uh, Don't even think about it.

As long as Big Brother is in their pocket they will continue to do as they have in the past and that is to maintain their status quo. Don't like what they are doing? Blame the US government.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

The US I see eventually withdrawing our blind support in order for it to improve our image in The Mid East and if we continually back Israel's play time and time again will result in continued distrust and dissatisfaction by Arabia in regards to us. It started in 09 with Obama's now infamous Cairo speech :

Obama Cairo Speech full :
youtu.be...

We are trying to improve US-Arab relations and to continually back Israel will create more atrocities and more terrorism!

The fact that Israel must further hide and shield the atrocities from the rest of the world means the world is seeing reality for wha tis really is and are not liking what they are seeing.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Serious hypocrosy of western goverments these particular UN resolitions will never be enforced. However if resolutions any nature were applied to countries from the so called terror axis just watch countries jump on board to enforce. The UN and its member countries have double standards.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Suffi

These I do see being enforced because when you've got half the world on board with this makes them the watchdogs to ensure that these enforcements be carried out.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Wow....Palau voted for Israel?

Palau was supposed to get its last $20 million annual check from America in 2009 and be set free.
They were shoving the money into a Trust Fund so they had something to live off of once they were set free.

When the economy "collapsed" their Trust Fund disappeared. Israel took it.

Palau then told the US they want $200 million or they are siding with China.
Obama gave them $250 million.

A country of 12,000 people threatened the US and won free money.

You know.......we need to make our own little country....seems UN voting rights can get you free money!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I wasn't aware of that information so thank you for sharing

Regrettably I'm forced to admit that I'm not surprised to hear this, this type of behavior is to be expected from the said parties.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The UN can add these 9 new resoltions to the other 250 unresolved resolution that are sat on the books. I'm sure if i had 250 unpaid parking tickets i'd get arrested, seems UN resolutions have less significance than that.
edit on 11-12-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

Hope,

First off, love the handle as hope for everyone should be the mantra moving forward!

Secondly, as stated previously with half the world voting yay to the resolution makes them and deputizes any of them to be the enforcement nation!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Secondly, as stated previously with half the world voting yay to the resolution makes them and deputizes any of them to be the enforcement nation!

Um, and put yourself in the US's sights? Even China and Russia won't do that. Sucks when there is only 1 superpower and will do whatever they want(Iraq) AND support whoever they will.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Hehe yeah it's meant to be ironic - well done for noticing !

Israel apears to have the undying support of the US so it's not likely any resolution will be enforced unless the US says so.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

What about the staredown between Russia, China and The US over Iran mean nothing? We won't invade Iran unless we wish to contend with Russia and China who have already declared that if we launch on Iran that both will most definitively have something to say about that.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

Obviously our allegiance to them isn't as strong as they've been perpetrating because if they were feeling froggy then Israel would've launched against Iran by now as 14 deadlines have come and gone proves to me that they are way more vulnerable then even they'd like to admit.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

...if we launch on Iran that both will most definitively have something to say about that.

Uh huh but what will they DO about it?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I think the political balance is a bit more precarious than it used to be. Iran has gained a lot of power during the last war in Iraq and the current war in Afghanistan. Also they supply China with a lot of oil so to attack now would bring on some serious global issues, probably more than the US can afford at the moment.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Plenty because who do you think has been supplying Iran with arms without no regard to what we think? Russia!

Up until the 05 timeframe The SCUM's plan for Iran was actionable but when Russia and China were brought on board with preventing an Amercian empire in the Mid East they got scared, until then The SCUM has their noses up in the air like their yap didn't stink, but when that deal was inked that is of the first times ever The SCUM showed true genuine fear!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join