It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP debate on ABC?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I know that I am late to the party here but thought I would share a couple of observations I had during last night's debate and give some of my limited insight to Ron Paul's apparent non aggressiveness. I was in Iowa during the 2007 / 08 cycle and am here now. First of all, the audience was VERY controlled by the sponsors. I read (Des Moines Register) that only 30 students were even allowed in the auditorium and they were selected by a type of lottery at Drake U. Further, there were family of candidates and many, it seemed, important people in the Iowa Republican Party in attendance last night. The governor of Iowa, as we all saw, was there along with other party officials. I have been watching these high profile Republicans in Iowa for their endorsements and in many cases, they just have not happened. I have heard the governor, party chairman, and our Republican Senator (Charles Grassely) all decline to align with a candidate and mention that the race is wide open to ANY of these "fine" candidates. This is a huge win for RP in my book. 4 years ago, he was considered a "kook". Now, he is not. I believe that he is being humble and respectful out of his natural nature AND shrewdness. He is trying to win over the evangelicals, older "conservatives", and party power players in this state and others.

Playing the "grumpy grandpa" will not gain any new votes for him. He did that 4 years ago and we are still with him as evidenced in the polls. Now is the time to expand his support base, as he is steadily doing, to actually WIN!

Let's take a breath and do what is in our control. I am encouraged to note posts on here where supporters are watching debates and discussing the issues with older family members. That is how we will win. We have to remember that almost 100% of the voting population in our country does not know of a time when many of the things (departments, entitlements, unsound money) he wants to change, did not exist. I am no psychologist, but I have enough life experience to know that the longer you are a part of an ideological system, no matter how corrupt, people are in, the more resistance to changing it there will be...

Personally, I think he will win or there will be 1 giant "I told you so" coming soon

Peace!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I think that CNN's main article about the debate had 1 sentence about RP but Michelle B. / Herman Cain got 3 paragraphs. I get it! But doesn't this just prove that "we the people" are the ones that need to be in charge of this? Do the work? Finally, we are seeing the hard proof that we should not sit on the sidelines complaining while a few dozen "reporters" tell us what to think...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Umm, no! They were not allowed to do that last night. The crowd consisted of chosen people invited, not random people off of the streets.

<< 9  10  11   >>

join