It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did the Pope dress up as Santa?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Originally posted by Gorman91
Santa Claus is what happens when a bunch of Odin worshiping pagans are taught about the saints.

The rest seems the source of some crazy baseless thinking.

Crazy baseless thinking involves concepts like the immaculate conception of a half human, half God hybrid, and a tractor beam lifting the resurrected Jesus right off the ground and into a cloud, before a few people in one case, and 500 on another (overkill).

A controversial birth, and an NDE on the other hand, isn't baseless at all. You're mistaken.

But here's the thing, you see - neither was Saul of Tarsus' (St. Paul's) experience on the Road to Damascus..

Someone will come along and come to understand this, what I've presented here.

Best,

NAM

edit on 10-12-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BULLETINYOURHEAD
reply to post by SirTFiedSkeptic

YEAH I KNOW, BUT PEDO TIES INTO HIS CHURCHES MORE THAN ANY OTHER INSTITUTION ON THE PLANET HE KNOWS ALL ABOUT IT, PLEASE

Absolutely, unequivocally FALSE. I've already mentioned that in America alone, more Protestant preachers are accused of pedophilia EVERY YEAR than have been accused in the Catholic Church SINCE THE '70's. Since the Second Vatican Council, when Masonic, zionist elements took control of major Catholic institutions, there have been about 300 to 400 accusations of pedophilia in the Catholic Church. In America alone, EVERY YEAR, there are about 300 Protestant preachers accused of pedophilia. DO THE MATH.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou? Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards.
~ John 13:36, KJV

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
~ John, 14:3

edit on 10-12-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit for more context.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

The Birth of Jesus Christ

born again..

edit on 10-12-2011 by NewAgeMan because: photo added

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Re-Birth

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Re: The historical Jesus. I presume that all the other characters must have been made up also, from Paul (Saul of Tarsus), to his elder contemporary Peter (desciple of Jesus), to Cephias the high priest, Pontias Pilate, John the Baptist, Mother Mary and Joseph, the whole lot of them, but for starters, isn't there historical evidence of Peter having been crucified upside down..?

Re: Jesus' Divinity: If the human being may be thought of, spiritually or in terms of consciousness, as not unlike a sphere within a sphere (research holographic mind/universe and monistic idealism ie: consciousness is primary) then is it outside the realm of concievable that Jesus could have been "reborn from above" or from the outer sphere, to the inner, with perfection, wholeness and integrity?

"The Broken Sphere" @ The Vatican

Consider the outer sphere, the whole of objective reality enveloped by the Tao or God of the highest.

I realize some of you think I'm crazy, but I can assure you that I'm not, just an astute investigator with a keen and sharp evaluative discernment, along with a little leading from the spirit.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 10-12-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
And so the only reason I am wondering this..

Is it because...

A) He is an imposter?

is because he just doesn't look like an enlightened Brahman, who is happy, joyful, loving, compassionate, kind, gentle, peaceful, etc.

Not because I have anything fundamentally against the Pope personally.

It's just not "congruent" for me, that's all.

So I am forced to go with A) by rational, deductive reasoning and a healthy dose of intuition.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So yes, Virginia, Santa IS real!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I think he's trying to coax some kids into sitting on his lap!

If he succeeds he'll have a marry chrismas and a happy new year

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirTFiedSkeptic
I've already mentioned that in America alone, more Protestant preachers are accused of pedophilia EVERY YEAR than have been accused in the Catholic Church SINCE THE '70's.

But we all know that it is church of Rome policy to cover up kiddy fiddler priests, moving them and paying off the families of kids they fiddled with.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
WTFU .................... he makes Darth Vadar look like a by scout.

Evil as can be.

Now for all you psychics out there...............does this guy have aura?

I don't see one.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

One of many hints..............right in your face, under your nose with eyes wide shut.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SirTFiedSkeptic

I worked for a company that did the file claims for The Catholic Church..........you don't know jack $hit. So much has been hidden from the public you have no idea.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Yes, but does anyone have an explanation for it, for the Santa Pope routine?

I am not sure why the Pope is wearing the red outfit but I am pretty sure the whole model of Santa Clause being a beneficent, generous, jolly old soul in snow white beard and flashy outfit is specifically designed to be the polar opposite of this character:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Re: Origins

And on a figure on a ancient wall in India a symbol from Hinduism this word 'Omm' is centered in the connection of the triangle female symbol and the upright triangle male symbol.

The so called Star of David is not a symbol from Judaism, but a symbol form the Vedic religion of the ancient India, that is worshiping the reunion of man and wife. The symbol and the hidden meaning from Hinduism of this symbol was known by teachers of the Jewish mysticism and has found over them its way to the present Jewish culture.

Shiva is preserved in the Hebrew Genesis as chavvah ( = eve ) ( “life-giver” ) as the female life together with the Hebrew chayim ("Life").

Vedic Timeline and History
en.wikipedia.org...

The whole thing originated in ancient India, from Taoism, to Judaism, Islamic, Christian, Buddhist.

Abraham

In his History of the Jews, the Jewish scholar and theologian Flavius Josephus (37 - 100 A.D.), wrote that the Greek philosopher Aristotle had said: "...These Jews are derived from the Indian philosophers; they are named by the Indians Calani." (Book I:22.)

Clearchus of Soli wrote, "The Jews descend from the philosophers of India. The philosophers are called in India Calanians and in Syria Jews. The name of their capital is very difficult to pronounce. It is called 'Jerusalem.'"

"Megasthenes, who was sent to India by Seleucus Nicator, about three hundred years before Christ, and whose accounts from new inquiries are every day acquiring additional credit, says that the Jews 'were an Indian tribe or sect called Kalani...'" (Anacalypsis, by Godfrey Higgins, Vol. I; p. 400.)

Martin Haug, Ph.D., wrote in The Sacred Language, Writings, and Religions of the Parsis, "The Magi are said to have called their religion Kesh-î-Ibrahim.They traced their religious books to Abraham, who was believed to have brought them from heaven." (p. 16.)

Magi from the East..

Three kings? I'll say it again, and be a little clearer and more explicit, the area of Kashmir where Jesus is reported to have "retired" until a natural death and known as Brahmin, having survived the crucifixion with the help of Nicodemus and a Roman Soldier (among other insiders), although having completed the full and the fullfillment of prophecy in full, was, at that time, predominantly Buddhist oriented, and the three living streams of that philosophy, which emanated from the earlier Brahmavidya (sacred science) of the ancient Vedic tradition, came from the three kings (wise men) of Buddha, Lao Tzu, and Confucius - approx 500 BC. So Jesus had access to all of it, as well as the Torah.

In other words, "Santa" is the white bearded man depicted on this webpage

www.jesus-kashmir-tomb.com... (and yes, everyone in India is always selling something)

And Santa of the North Pole, is the one who visited Saul on the Road to Damascus, after his natural life had ended, so it all amounts to the same thing in the end, after the mythology is taken away, which is what I find utterly extraordinary.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 11-12-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Maybe not... funny I was working up my post above ^ when you posted that.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Fully human, fully God. If you stabbed Jesus, he'd die like any other man. He just has the Spirit of God. The Spirit of some men can muster a skill, the spirit of other men can command legions, the Spirit of God can do all these things and more.

God, being non physical, is incapable of having sex. He simply says a child exists, and the needed genes come to exist. Because his spirit can do that.

There was no tractor beam lifting Jesus out of the clouds. He lifted himself. Having the spirit of God, he can do that.

I give you an example. My spirit is a soldier. I always have been able to fight and win. The first time I played paintball, I never got shot for 6 or so hours, and shot down 5 or so other men. These are not skills I learned. They simply are. Because my spirit is a soldier.

The Bible says spirits can reused. Souls go onto the next life, while the spirit, or character, of a man goes on. John the Baptist had the spirit of Elijah, even though Elijah's soul was with God.

The things you say are not true, because they are the "flavor of the age". These things come and go to attempt to "rationalize" these things. years ago it was magic, then something else. Today it was ancient aliens. Some day it will be ancient humans who left Earth.

You cannot rationalize these things with whatever flavor of rationality is of the age. Because these things are not rational. That's the point. If they were rational, faith wouldn't be needed.
edit on 11-12-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

In the Germanic tradition, Santa was represented in outfits of different colors. During the XVIIIth and XIXth, he wore green then he adopted his red costume and grew a beard.

It's fashion ! C'est la mode !

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

In the days of Jesus, it was about a process of initiation into knowledge, not learned "things" from memory, but experiencial knowledge, and for some privaledged folk with access to it, absolute mastery, whereby everything was made known and in God, nothing was impossible, even miracles.

I am NOT discounting many if not most of Jesus' miracles. He was trained by the very best and such things are not outside the realm of possible, and he was an absolute master.

You refer to my monicur, "NewAgeMan", to say that this is the "flavor of the age", but I'm just being rational and reasonable here.

There is reason for faith, which can start out very tiny, as trust - it's called Love. In fact, it's the very height of reason and logic (who's root is the same as logos).

What I am presenting are not the rantings of a madman, or the mask of religion, but the truth, and the life.

Jesus made real is REAL!

You don't get it, you don't understand.

Finding Jesus on the other side of the myth and understanding something of his mind and his motives, is to be in sympathetic harmonious connection WITH him, the real person of him, who is also the very best part of who we really are as self-realized children of a loving God.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Like I said, a re-read, for some, a first time reading of the Gospels (if you're a good reader they can be read in one sitting) reveals it, and obscures it while revealing it. Read them with my thesis in mind, but with a newfound critical eye capable of reading between the lines between the lines, and compare them, the different gospels.

I have no problem with the idea of Jesus somehow making it through the crucifixion and then getting out of town to enjoy a happy life, even happily married and with children.

You'll notice that I am also saying that Saul's experience some 40 years later is entirely valid, and am likening that Jesus, allegorically with the spirit of Santa at the "North Pole" (domain of heavenly light as a post-corporeal person of the light).

He still spent three days in the bowels of the earth, and spiritually, is indestinguishable from the spirit of the living God, spirit of the universe, spirit of truth and life.

There is no need to hide anything, after all there is nothing hidden which is not brought to light.

He was still the same one, the same spirit embodied, the same principal of love personified. The only difference is, this one is real, the real thing, the church's version a pale immitation by comparison.

What is wrong with the idea that Jesus was goaded to contend with and reconcile everything to himself, from the sins of the father, to that of an oppressive Roman Empire, one which was so impacted by this man, that they were forced to relieve him of his authority to "rule the world" for over a 1000 years, while rooting out and destroying the very line of initiates that he sent out into the world ie: gnostics, or people of divine wisdom and understanding - God-realized, as he was.

I hold the key to the door, and I invite people IN to freely come and go as they please.

They, the so-called "high priests" and "keepers of the flame" they neither enter in themselves nor allow anyone else to enter in.

It's all the same damn # different day, don't you see?

Well enough's enough already.

The time has come when people who worship can worship anywhere and everywhere, because God is spirit and truth who seeks worshippers who worship authentically in spirit and in truth.

"I am the truth and the life."

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

In the days of Jesus, it was about a process of initiation into knowledge, not learned "things" from memory, but experiencial knowledge, and for some privaledged folk with access to it, absolute mastery, whereby everything was made known and in God, nothing was impossible, even miracles.

Not so. It was about faith, and the fact that even a Roman Citizen who killed a believer could, in a matter of a few short years, heal the sick and tend to the needy in faith.

It was never about learning things forgot. Bible says right off the point, that you will never know all if history. That it is now through a looking glass darkly. But that these things don't matter. Faith matters. And letting God take you and reinvent you.

I am NOT discounting many if not most of Jesus' miracles. He was trained by the very best and such things are not outside the realm of possible, and he was an absolute master.

Jesus was not trained. He was a carpenter. He became a man, and decided to preach about things he knew all along. That's why he was teaching scholars by 14.

You refer to my monicur, "NewAgeMan", to say that this is the "flavor of the age", but I'm just being rational and reasonable here.

No, I'm not. I'm saying that it's the flavor of the age.

There is reason for faith, which can start out very tiny, as trust - it's called Love. In fact, it's the very height of reason and logic (who's root is the same as logos).

I still can't trust God. I admit it. I know that's flawed, but It's true. Deep down inside me, there's a part that doubts in him always. I try to love God, but I have cursed at him at times. Faith is neither love nor trust. It's its own thing. It simply is. It can indeed become love and trust. But Faith is not anything men can give, It is given by God to men. I know not the reason I received it, for I certainly did not love God at a time, and I certainly did not trust God even today to some degree. Yet I go on, trusting and loving what I do not know and sometimes do not want to. Because for whatever insane reason, he feels I'm needed. That's his decision. I don't get it. Because I am not worthy. My sins, my doubt, my cursing, and my anger and lust all, both in action and words, say I ought to be put to hell. Yet Faith persists. And in it, I see great works, and life comes to my bones. And I work for him. Because why should I not?

What I am presenting are not the rantings of a madman, or the mask of religion, but the truth, and the life.

Well please read what I am saying, because I just corrected you with scripture quite a few times.

Finding Jesus on the other side of the myth and understanding something of his mind and his motives, is to be in sympathetic harmonious connection WITH him, the real person of him, who is also the very best part of who we really are as self-realized children of a loving God.

How do you know he didn't lead you to me to become something even more with scriptural truth?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join