It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan says U.S. drones in its air space will be shot down

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

exactly the stupidity I am referring to... Americans don't suck...their government does...these kinds of comments make it difficult to embrace a global brotherhood of Earthlings.

Change must come from within.

It is our and I mean all of OUR Governments that suck.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
There are people in this world right now plotting to acquire a nuclear device. I don't think there would be any rational thinking person that would suggest Taliban Pakistani's with a nuclear bomb would be a good thing. Do we assume Pakistan's weapons program is fine? There is growing extremism in Pakistan, expansion of their nuclear weapons program and instability that potentially lead to disastrous results.

Pakistan secretly shares intelligence with the US and yet consistently publicly condemns any attacks. Wikileaks has a document from Pakistan's Army Chief Ashfaq Parvez Kayani not only tacitly agreed to the drone flights but in 2008 requested Americans to increase them. This is about trying to stop Pakistan from collapsing and being taken over by extremist Islamic groups.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Andronian

I am officially calling everyone out on this one...what do YOU stand for...is it your governments view...who dictates who a given "enemy" is.

Do you, have an answer...would you hate me simply because I am from a certain country...or because of my actions as a human being.

This game is beginning to look real stupid.

I think as a species, we are better than this.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
We did not create them. Pakistani ISI did. we should have never given Pakistan any money in the first place after they did that. Pak ISI created them, harbors them, and now apparently fights with them. You expect a man to harbor and defend his children, and that is precisely what Pakistan is doing in regards to the Taliban.

Did you just try to pass the buck on the fact that the CIA created Al Qaeda?

Read "Ghost Wars" by Steve Coll. Brzeninski also happened to be the American foreign policy "advisor" who directed the whole operation under the idea that backing a bunch of ragtag rebels in Afghanistan would break the Soviet Union. It worked.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Are you seriously thinking i wouldnt shoot back at the guy who was in some one elses property across the street after he killed a couple of people walking down the street and then continue shooting at me? Running around the property and the cops wont do anything?
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

When was the last time someone in Pakistan attacked an american on american soil............?

why dont you in america just look after yourself rather than attack everyone else in the world ....!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonicbaz
There are people in this world right now plotting to acquire a nuclear device. I don't think there would be any rational thinking person that would suggest Taliban Pakistani's with a nuclear bomb would be a good thing. Do we assume Pakistan's weapons program is fine? There is growing extremism in Pakistan, expansion of their nuclear weapons program and instability that potentially lead to disastrous results.

Pakistan secretly shares intelligence with the US and yet consistently publicly condemns any attacks. Wikileaks has a document from Pakistan's Army Chief Ashfaq Parvez Kayani not only tacitly agreed to the drone flights but in 2008 requested Americans to increase them. This is about trying to stop Pakistan from collapsing and being taken over by extremist Islamic groups.

Pakistan has nukes, and is already an Islamic country both as a mjaority among the populace and in it's government. Most 'Extremists' as you call them are generally just mercanaries. If anything the Americans could quite easily have hired them to attack Pakistani bases to justify American presence. Whether or not this is fact is irrelevant, history shows Americans are perfectly capable of this.

And lets not forget there is only one nation that has used a nuke on civilians.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
The ignorance of Americans make me laugh.

Pretty awesome huh. How we all just sit here in our little cages, never traveling, not caring about what currency you use or who rides around in a kangaroos pouch in their spare time.
Or how about how we think french chicks dont shave their armpits and how everyone in the middle east rides camels. Oh wait wait, heres a few more. We think all Brits have bad teeth, all mexicans are illegals,.. oh yea and and how people say "In Mother Russia Vodka drinks YOU." Good stuff and dont worry, our own government hates us, so we may not be around long anyway. Moving on.

I think it sucks that our drones have hit civilians. This whole war is a nasty mess. I think its also very sad that allied military personnel caught friendly fire. My condolences on the loss of innocents and my prayers for their families.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by theruthlessone

Yet another stupid remark...yes all Americans just like all the other people from all the other countries must be looped into a big kettle of everyone thinks alike...

WRONG answer...we are all individuals and not some conglomerate of like minds...some of us really would like to see a global brotherhood...a tolerance of understanding...but o label everyone because of their nationality is as wrong as those doing the injustices in the world.

Damn... what will it take for us to be united as a species.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I'm sorry but my brain cant compute a few things im seeing on this thread, so let me clarify......

Am i to believe that certain individuals on this site including the OP believe the US military has the RIGHT to go into to another country and just do as they please????

Im sorry but is there a history of mental illness in your family? I ask this in all seriousness, because the alternative is brainwashed programming by the US military complex.

I understand your fears of being attacked by terrorist but to say its ok to violate another countries sovereignty based on the corporate media propergander machine is beyond insane. Jesus H Christ logic, reason and common sense really is an extinct species on this forum.

The more peoples opinions i bear witness to the more im convinced we are doomed as a species.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Here , let me dumb down my logic for you.

Are you seriously thinking i wouldnt shoot back at the guy who was in some one elses property across the street after he killed a couple of people walking down the street and then continues shooting at me saying he will kill more families? Then the cops wont do anything to kill this man because they are afraid of him.

It is my responsibility to defend my home. I cant simply go inside and wait , he will come. I best keep him away from my Family so i can control him better.

Thought you're talking about Israel there for a moment...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andronian
reply to post by theruthlessone

Damn... what will it take for us to be united as a species.

If nations could live just as neighbours.

Ironically it's trade between countries where most of the problems arise.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirTFiedSkeptic

Originally posted by Traydor
America needs to be very careful, if they continue to push too far the the rest of the world will get fed up with them, it's already started.

I can see that it will get to a point were America will go too far and they will be attacked again but by a much more powerful country that can equal them, America will crap their pants then. From what i see America seems to attack and invade countries that are weaker than them but i would guess they will never do this to a country who is on equal footing as them, makes you wonder doesn't it?

Seriously now, if America does go to far and is attacked they may find themselves standing alone with no-one at their side to help them, America is only ONE country in a world of many and we are watching and paying attention to how America behaves on the world stage.

It's the innocent american people i feel pity for because they have lost control of their government and the people will ultimately pay the price of their government's actions.
edit on 11/12/2011 by Traydor because: (no reason given)

Some day, Russia will stand up and say, "enough." And that's the last thing America ever wants. Germany, the greatest military power on their continent at the time, could barely beat Russia, even when all the Russians were starving under the jewish communists. Also, China might take Russia's side, and then, well, America is just screwed. With the exception of the revolutionary war and WWII, America has never gone to war with a country that matched it- not without a lot of help, and after letting other countries do all the fighting first. During WWII they let France beat the # out of Britain for them- France hated the English anyways and were always looking for an excuse to fight them, so when America declared independence, France was a huge help in the ensuing war. Obviously Russia, UK and other European allies did the majority of fighting in WWII (though you will still hear, everyday, some idiot Marine or Republican tell off a European about how "America saved your sorry asses in dubya dubya too!"

Other than that, the wars America has fought have been against such mighty nations as:

Themselves-

Shay's Rebellion
1786-1787
Rebellion
Domestic terrorists in Massachusetts occupy themselves- Army kicks their asses

The Whiskey Rebellion
Rebellion
Tea partiers in Western Pennsylvania don't pay their taxes- army sent in to collect

Fries's Rebellion "The Hot Water War"
Rebellion
Tea partiers in Pennsylvania didn't learn their lesson the first time- army collects again

U.S. Slave Rebellions
1800-1865
Slave Rebellions
Dirty negroes don't realize how good they have it- army whips them back into submission

"Bleeding Kansas"
1855-1860
Civil War (state of Kansas)
Some Kansans think the dirty negroes should be able to decide whether they wanted to work for the benefit of their owners, or businessmen who would actually pay them between whippings

United States Civil War
1861-1865
Civil War
Greedy northern capitalists fought against greedy southern capitalists who were pissed at the greedy northern capitalists over cotton tariffs. (Slavery used to motivate the poor folk to fight for the greedy capitalists' interests- to decide whether the slaves would either work for free, or for a pittance. Either way, some greedy capitalists would profit.)

When not fighting themselves, Americans engaged such powerful enemies as:

Hawaii
U.S. Intervention in Hawaiian Revolution
A little empire building so rich white folks have someplace nice to go on vacation

Somoa
U.S. Intervention in Samoan Civil War
1898-1899
Get Somoa land to vacation in

Philippines
U.S.-Philippine War
1899-1902
Another mighty island nation with tropical beaches and dark women. Plus naval power projection.
and
The Moro Wars
1901-1913
Colonial Wars
Philippine Muslim Rebels. See those dirty Muslims have been at it for some time.

Colombia
Secessionist Revolution & Foreign Intervention
Helping more terrorists rebel against their government. Plus they sold us cheaper coffee afterward. Bonus!

Central America (Americans thought it was all one country)
The Banana Wars
1909-1933
Civil Wars & Foreign Intervention
Literally fought so that corporations could make higher profits selling fruit that didn't belong to them

The Korean War
1950-1953
Inter-State War
Another country the size of one American state

Vietnam
1956-1975
Civil War, Inter-State War
Thoroughly got pwned by a bunch of guys living in houses made of sticks.

Lebanon
Civil War & Foreign Intervention
Protected authoritarian government from terrorist rebels. Not sure why they didn't help the terrorists this time

More here!
http://c

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Until, we can rise above this...we will never evolve as a species...we might as well be right up there with the ants...take a colony of ants from one location and put them in contact with another colony of the same species and they will kill until none is left.

Is that who we are?

Damn...I hope not.

To call all Americans ass holes...or every Saudi a terrorist...is like saying all humans are a bunch of losers...because their governments actions appear so.

Get a grip on the real problem here...it is not us it is them...the greedy people in power that fuel this whole movement that you are the enemy...or we are the enemy when in reality it is indifference that is the enemy.

Will we over come this...I am beginning to think...reading all this unfounded hatred...that it is impossible we will ever be truly united as a planet.

PEACE

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
God bless Pakistan. Who the he'll do we the united states think we are that we can just invade any airspace we choose militarily and expect everything to be good with the rest of the world. Shoot em down I say!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Finally someone who gets it...

I too, fear we are doomed. We may never reach a point, that we will be united as a species.

And, what a shame and a waste of intelligence...no wonder there is no Alien contact...if they all acted like us they would never survive long enough to even consider contact...they would kill each other off just because they are different.

Humans are stupid...and don't deserve to evolve beyond this point in history.

Ignorance rules the day...and I for one am not celebrating, this great accomplishment.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Babbleman

Pakistan has nukes, and is already an Islamic country both as a mjaority among the populace and in it's government. Most 'Extremists' as you call them are generally just mercanaries. If anything the Americans could quite easily have hired them to attack Pakistani bases to justify American presence. Whether or not this is fact is irrelevant, history shows Americans are perfectly capable of this.

And lets not forget there is only one nation that has used a nuke on civilians.

I assume you're not challenging the fact that there exists in Pakistan a fundamental Islamic problem.

I agree that parents are often compelled to send their children to extreme Madras's, so they get fed and clothed and indoctrinated in jihadist movement. With Pakistan bordering Afghanistan and Iran it is fertile ground for the spread of Islamic fundamentalism. I don't see how this could be possibly seen as an indictment on the US.

Pakistan has between 70 - 90 nuclear weapons however, these are obviously not in the hands of Islamic fundamentalist groups. The US is working with the Pakistani government to make sure this does not occur.

This will continue to be a growing problem for the West not just the US. These people that want nothing less than to see us vaporized by a nuclear bomb. This is what they teach, it is what they are commanded by allah and they can't wait to do it.

edit on 11-12-2011 by sonicbaz because: spelling

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

As i said earlier. We asked pakistan time and time and time again to help us. We cant simply go home... if we do? Guess what. They come back , they rebuild , re organize. I guess you have no idea of warfare.

You have clearly no concept of global politics, people are pretty sick of the USA doing what ever they like in their own back garden.

As someone else rightly said, they drones take down many civilians as collateral damage to neutralize one "terrorist". If your neighbour flew a drone in your property, taking out your pets and family by YOUR logic you would shoot it down.

Enough said. Imagine if people like you were in government... oh wait.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Andronian

Well its true its your country that is leading the way in pillaging and dropping dirty bombs everywhere and unless you as a nation stand up and say enough is enough nothing is gonna change lets just see how little votes ron paul gets

im sick of your country there as bad as the Nazi's

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The US should also have the Ability to attack any entity that posses a threat to the Civilian population which that threat has killed a few thousand civilian Americans already. That Entity just so happens to be harbored by Pakistan. If you leave them , we will be back there in another 10 years. With a few more thousand dead .. or maybe 10s of thousands. Probably several dirty bombs next time.

Americans (I'm American too) are so brainwashed that they can't see their own hypocrisy. Ok so then how isn't any Middle Eastern country justified in having drones flying over the USA then? I'm sure you wouldn't like that and would call for them to be invaded as punishment probably... yet we can do it?

We've fulfilled all criteria you've mentioned in your bias posts. America DEFINITELY "poses a threat" to any middle east country's civilians, especially those in which we are flying armed drones over. We have killed many MANY more civilians in all of these countries than have ever died in the US with our reckless air strikes and raids. We've INVADED an entire country over bull# "intelligence" and propaganda. But its okay that we kill civilians, even when we're not in an official war with the country we do it in, cause we're the "good guys" and we "didn't mean to"? As long as we call it an "collateral damage" it doesn't matter how many innocents are slaughtered. Sigh.

Furthermore, by our own admittance we have many "terrorists" hiding here, if the US is allowed to look for and bomb any suspected "terrorist" in any country they please, and cause many civilian deaths in the process then why can't Pakistan or any other country fly drones over the US looking for the terrorist cells we can't find and bombing them along with our civilians? How would you feel about that? Sad how brainwashed we are here in America to think everything we do is justifiable and yet any other country doing 1/100th of what we do is some axis of evil threat that needs to be squashed to "keep us safe at home".

Apparently it's fine for civilians in other countries to live in fear everyday of being "accidentally" killed by drones, air strikes etc from the US but it's the worst thing in the world for some paranoid fox news watching US civilian to be afraid that maybe a "terrorist" will kill some people here again someday after 10 years of nothing. So terrible that we can bomb, invade, slaughter etc whoever we please "just in case". Sickening hypocrisy.
edit on 11-12-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

There are many terrorists who have bombed and killed indisciminatly throughout Cuba and south america who have been given full citizenships and pardens by the US government.

Maybe you should do a bit of research and stop watching the news before you make such stupid and above all racist comments in future.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join