It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan says U.S. drones in its air space will be shot down

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Either way, let them take their shots at our drones. They will simply escalate the situation AND make things worse for themselves. I am not here to argue over who is right or who is wrong. We are past that point people.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamconcerned
reply to post by nenothtu

All your points could easily apply to trying to pacify and occupy China, as the op suggests. China would not have a hard time coming up with 350m who would like a crack at living outside China. We would have a hard time coming up with a 2-3m force, even with a draft.

True, but only valid if I had said that I wanted to occupy China. I don't. YOU are the one making claims as to how a Chinese invasion of America would go. Don't try to change horses in mid stream.

YOU said it, not ME. I don't have to justify anything I never said.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Hi, i said 'as the op suggests'. That would mean original poster if i'm not mistaken. That would not be you.
Edit: Oh right I forgot the OP said he was going to nuke China " 'send a crap ton of ICBMs and destroy their infrastructure and bases.' ", hence no need for an occupying force. Silly me. And of course there would be no retaliation. Silly me.
edit on 10-12-2011 by iamconcerned because: .

edit on 10-12-2011 by iamconcerned because: .

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I didn't think people really thought like the OP, and especially not on this forum. The epitomy of brainwashed, believing everything the government tells you is true when it is in direct conflict with the facts... America has no place in Pakistan, we are not at war with them. And you cannot be at war with an idea, like terrorism. A faceless, nationless, amorphous idea that applies to anyone you wish it to when you want it to. Give me break.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Yeah, it IS called "invasion of airspace", but not really "invading", although I suppose one could see it as that if one were so inclined.

It IS invading a sovereign nation. I don't care if it's by land, sea or air.

It is what happens when one harbors the enemies of another, and that "other" takes exception to that.

Yah, allies are highly overrated. Can't hardly tell them apart anyway. Especially form altitude, at night, by remote control. (Cowards, backstabbers)

Been going on since the dawn of history.

So, that makes it alright then. We'll just further enhance our image as frenemy and make it clear to all where we stand. (Alone)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by milkyway12

Any engagement directed against US military personnel or equipment by Pakistan should be treated with retalitory strikes.

I disagree, Pakistan can do whatever they want within their own borders, including shoot down drones that are violating the country's sovereignty regardless of the elements of terror that are there.

China claims to have Pakistan's back, so maybe this is more than just and idle threat. Washington needs to be careful.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

What is China going to do? Go to war with its biggest consumer? You people are so naive.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Good for Pakistan.

And this is ``old`` news...

Posted this 8 days ago...
Pakistan installing anti-air missiles on the Afghan-Paki border

ATS wins again!

reply to post by Ancient Champion

What is China going to do? Go to war with its biggest consumer? You people are so naive.

You might rethink who's naive. The US was Japan's biggest consumer in the 20s-30s. War was thought ``impossible because of economic relation`` back then.

WW1 and WW2 were based on the same thing. Economy doesn't mean squat when the right factors are involved.

And China's economy is crumbling... they need a distraction to avoid an overthrow.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Good for Pakistan.

And this is ``old`` news...

Posted this 8 days ago...
Pakistan installing anti-air missiles on the Afghan-Paki border

ATS wins again!

You might rethink who's naive. The US was Japan's biggest consumer in the 20s-30s. War was thought ``impossible because of economic relation`` back then.

WW1 and WW2 were based on the same thing. Economy doesn't mean squat when the right factors are involved.

And China's economy is crumbling... they need a distraction to avoid an overthrow.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

And tell us how china would transport an invasion force to the US? With its large fleet of transport ship...oh wait.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

And tell us how china would transport an invasion force to the US? With its large fleet of transport ship...oh wait.

Did I say that China would invade the US? Never said that.

I say they would go to war with the US. Not invade them. That can mean a lot of things. Attacking US assets in the middle-east/asia. Dropping all US treasuries... etc...

I suggest you call the Chinese military for more details.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

This is exactly what all US citizens should do when they are seen patrolling over our skies.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Without having read the whole thread to be distracted by where it may have wandered, let me simply respond directly to the OP and purpose of the thread as it began.....

I'm totally flabbergasted by this. It isn't a matter of Pakistani authority or anything like that in my mind. It's a 100% FULL STOP 'WTF' moment for how we've fallen this far?! Here we have a nation still officially declaring itself an ally to the United States and whom we are also calling an ally to us making very real threats against us in a PUBLIC way. First we're given a deadline to vacate our little corner of an Airbase we've been running drones out of and our overland supply lines into Afghanistan are suspended. Now we're being told they will SHOOT DOWN OUR AIRCRAFT??

What is going on here? If they've chosen to break ally status with the United States, man up and say so and we'll deal with that new reality. I'd hope by choosing to withdraw from where we aren't wanted, since our main stated purpose for being there is to 'help people' now that Usama is a corpse or a prisoner..whichever.

Regardless.... Even BILL CLINTON would have returned a public declaration like this with a private question about which window the Pakistani President would like a Tomahawk Missile to come through in the near future. Even that President would never have taken something like this. Obama will likely be all but apologetic, but he sure won't stomp his foot down and call their bluff.

If enemy is their desire...fine. Just be MEN, not cowards about saying so. Stop taking billions in our military and foreign aid while telling us our aircraft will be shot down.

P.S.... The next time they have devastating floods or a catastrophic Earthquake, call someone else for sea and airlift of immediate aid and expertise in assisting the population. We ought to just hang up after reminding them of this moment in time. We quite recently made enormous efforts to help their nation after historic flooding... This is the thanks? Yeah... That won't be forgotten.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

No we arnt.

The USA is killing the Terrorist that are hiding in the mountains. The US Military should not reconize borders of a nation who lets attacks be used against other nations. So according to my logic. We are in the right.

We should have operated a full scale bombing campaign imo.

Pakistan should also be attacked if they dispute our right to security as a nation and attack our military. We asked them to attack the Terrorist operating in their country , and they cut deals and attack the ones that are the weakest.

edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Are you serious in your thinking? That the USA has the unfetted right to carpet bomb any nation it believes harbors terrorists?

No wonder the USA is hated by most countries on this planet, if that is the rational thinking of its population.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
"The time is nigh when Pakistan falls."

This was the last thing I heard in a very intense waking "dream" almost two years ago. I hope it doesn't come true.

Link to thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Without having read the whole thread to be distracted by where it may have wandered, let me simply respond directly to the OP and purpose of the thread as it began.....

I'm totally flabbergasted by this. It isn't a matter of Pakistani authority or anything like that in my mind. It's a 100% FULL STOP 'WTF' moment for how we've fallen this far?! Here we have a nation still officially declaring itself an ally to the United States and whom we are also calling an ally to us making very real threats against us in a PUBLIC way. First we're given a deadline to vacate our little corner of an Airbase we've been running drones out of and our overland supply lines into Afghanistan are suspended. Now we're being told they will SHOOT DOWN OUR AIRCRAFT??

What is going on here? If they've chosen to break ally status with the United States, man up and say so and we'll deal with that new reality. I'd hope by choosing to withdraw from where we aren't wanted, since our main stated purpose for being there is to 'help people' now that Usama is a corpse or a prisoner..whichever.

Regardless.... Even BILL CLINTON would have returned a public declaration like this with a private question about which window the Pakistani President would like a Tomahawk Missile to come through in the near future. Even that President would never have taken something like this. Obama will likely be all but apologetic, but he sure won't stomp his foot down and call their bluff.

If enemy is their desire...fine. Just be MEN, not cowards about saying so. Stop taking billions in our military and foreign aid while telling us our aircraft will be shot down.

P.S.... The next time they have devastating floods or a catastrophic Earthquake, call someone else for sea and airlift of immediate aid and expertise in assisting the population. We ought to just hang up after reminding them of this moment in time. We quite recently made enormous efforts to help their nation after historic flooding... This is the thanks? Yeah... That won't be forgotten.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

We'll help you with your flood victims if you will let us bomb weddings of suspected militants with the possibility of killing random civilians in the process. What do you say Pakistan?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I don't trust the Pakistani government as far as I could throw them, but that doesn't give the U.S. the right to go flying drones in their airspace.
Can you imagine the reaction of the U.S. if Pakistan flew drones in or around our airspace?

I believe the U.S. does this because smaller countries like Pakistan wouldn't really have a chance alone against the U.S...But they're definitely getting sick of it.
Ever notice there's no U.S. drones flying in Chinese or Russian airspace?
Because they know we might as well just paint a bit red target on it, it wouldn't last long.

The U.S. is overstepping it's bounds and needs to learn to back off a little..
Allot of the world starting to dislike America because of the U.S. government's belligerence.
What goes around comes around; if the SHTF it'll be the American people that will be paying for our government's arrogance.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Wait a minute? Does this mean the US will get a refund in aid sent to Pakistan? All jokes aside, it seems the worm is turning in regards to the often shaky but apparent Pakistan/US alliance? As some have said, Pakistan has the right as a sovereign nation to conduct themselves as they see fit. However, the US has the right to engage Pakistani military assets or Taliban attacking over the border into Afghanistan.

Moreover, if the Pakistani ISI is caught training or funding the Taliban or terrorist groups in Afghanistan, NATO has the right to arrest and detain them indefinitely since Pakistan is essentially taking a belligerent approach to its relationship to the US. With that the Pakistani's can do that to US assets caught in Pakistan. I hope for Pakistan's sake, they tone down the rhetoric some, because the US has dirt on them like they think they have on the US. This little game could ugly fast.

I hope the Pakistanis have all their chickens in a row in regards to their friendships with China and Russia? It appears the US is losing another so-called friend in the region? In my humble opinion, they have turned out to be more of a liability than an asset. All the double dealing and treachery by Pakistan has gone on for far to long. If they feel so incline, at least show some stones and formally declare war on the US. Lets cut all the semantics, because it is a waste of everyone's time including Pakistan.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Lol, some of you are being a bit naive in my opinion, with your rhetoric about "terrorists" and "good vs evil." It really is laughable to see on this site, considering that you are buying in to the perceptions created in Washington, that trickle down through the media.

Of course Pakistan has a right to shoot down anything in their airspace. What if there were people in the United States, and there probably are, who have committed acts of "terrorism" against Pakistan? Does Pakistan have the right to start flying in our airspace?

The US wouldn't allow it, so why the double-standard? We have invaded not only their airspace, but their ground-space as well, with who knows how many special forces incursions into their territory. I am not saying Pakistan is "good" by any stretch of the imagination, but they still have sovereign rights to their own territory.

We are not the world's police force, and therefore we shouldn't have jurisdiction in other countries. Not to mention the fact that the US is doing NOTHING productive, and is actually accomplishing more that will harm the US in the long run. Especially considering alliances among larger nations, and how these actions may inflame them. The risk vs. reward isn't there. It isn't about terrorism...It is about profits, prestige, and power.

Those who witness these acts in other countries, especially the young and impressionable, will view the US NOT as their saviors, but as invaders...the enemy. THAT is why terrorist acts will continue, as Ron Paul says, because OUR POLICY IS FLAWED...They don't hate us because we are democratic. They wouldn't give two craps about our country if we had stayed OUT of theirs.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Well good luck to them...they did not even know two helicopters landed in the middle of their country and conducted a major operation until we told them...LOL...how are they going to shoot down aircraft that fly higher and faster than any ground to air missles they have. This speaks volumes as to their intent in the incident that started all this....all i can say is they are now on their own in a place where they do nopt have control in the first place....LOL

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I've read 4 pages and I see the OP, himself, is more of a terrorist than anyone he is pointing his finger at. He has a degree in diplomacy and military science? BS.

You need to get up on the front line and put your balls where you mouth is. But yeah right, you're probably just a chicken # coward.

No star or flag. Sorry, buds.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Collateral damage is ok as long as it is brown. Now imagine If 10 american civilians were killed for every suspected terrorist. Please learn Christ didn't just come for white people he came for mankind which includes black and brown. Talk of bombing nations is sick and so detatched from humanity. Sort out a fair foreign policy and most of the worlds problems will disipate.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join