It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The black scam.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Yeah I agree with this, the color of your skin should not give you rights to disability or tax money.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Holy crap, what a touchy subject. I've never been one to care about being politically correct though, so what the hell.

Anywho,...I really have no idea what's going on behind the curtains, but all I know is it's becoming less and less awesome to be a white male in modern society. There are so many advantages to being a minority it's not even funny. I find it appalling that businesses and government organizations are REQUIRED to hire a certain percentage of minorities. What that basically means is, if you go to apply for a job and they have already hired too many white people, you're sh!t out of luck. Doesn't even matter if the minority they hired has less experience, lesser education, or a criminal record.

Don't get me wrong here, I don't think there should be racism, or discrimination, but there is, and if some guy doesn't want to hire black people, or whatever race he doesn't happen to like, that should be his right as long as he isn't hurting anyone. The people who are most qualified for the job should be the ones who get the job, not because you're a woman, or because you're black and they have to hire so many of you.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if a black woman would be able to get into Harvard based solely on the fact that she's a woman and black (if she worded her application right of course), and not based on her prior education or accomplishments.

Feel free to flame me all you want.

/rant

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiindWalker
Yeah I agree with this, the color of your skin should not give you rights to disability or tax money.

Please show one example where a black person got disability just because they are black!

Sometimes people need to think before they open thier mouths, and in this case before they type which takes a little longer than to verbalize.

Hopefully you typed this wrong because it's very hate filled and completely not true.
edit on 10-12-2011 by supine because: typo

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnySasaki
Holy crap, what a touchy subject. I've never been one to care about being politically correct though, so what the hell.

Anywho,...I really have no idea what's going on behind the curtains, but all I know is it's becoming less and less awesome to be a white male in modern society. There are so many advantages to being a minority it's not even funny. I find it appalling that businesses and government organizations are REQUIRED to hire a certain percentage of minorities. What that basically means is, if you go to apply for a job and they have already hired too many white people, you're sh!t out of luck. Doesn't even matter if the minority they hired has less experience, lesser education, or a criminal record.

Don't get me wrong here, I don't think there should be racism, or discrimination, but there is, and if some guy doesn't want to hire black people, or whatever race he doesn't happen to like, that should be his right as long as he isn't hurting anyone. The people who are most qualified for the job should be the ones who get the job, not because you're a woman, or because you're black and they have to hire so many of you.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if a black woman would be able to get into Harvard based solely on the fact that she's a woman and black (if she worded her application right of course), and not based on her prior education or accomplishments.

Feel free to flame me all you want.

/rant

LOL what's the use!!!..hahahaha
second line!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by supine

Originally posted by WiindWalker

Please show one example where a black person got disability just because they are black!

Sometimes people need to think before they open thier mouths, and in this case before they type which takes a little longer than to verbalize.

Hopefully you typed this wrong because it's very hate filled and completely not true.
edit on 10-12-2011 by supine because: typo

WHOA wait a minute!

You mean I can get disability just for being black! where, how do I do that! oh and whats this tax money he's speaking about? I pay a hellava lot of tax's! Is there a secret tax fund JUST for black people???!!! why don't I know about this. damn it!!!!!! I could be rolling in the money!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

It is easier for blacks or "minorities" to get welfare, grants, etc. and yes, it has to do with the color of their skin. If you are considered African American it is automatically assumed that you are black or negro.

Real life experiences and people I know and have grown up with prove the above paragraph to be true.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Your welcome!

Now, as i have never needed or applied for welfare or a grant, i really cant say if it would be easier for me to be approved for them. Also, thank you for bringing understanding of justification of my classification of human breed. I am african american i guess. Ive been called black, negro etc. Among other things because of my skin color. However, i am really strattling the fence because i have a caucasian mother and african american dad. So according to white people im black. Something about african blood, that if you have even one little drop of it in you heritage you are black.

Why is black blood so potent over all other blood?! Just one lil drop! Sure sooo im black by your standards. I just kind of go with being human and having really really good traits TAUGHT to me. Work hard, be respectful, jugde less ye be judged, be good to your fellow man reguardless of color, live within your means, and never quit.

So what is the name of this secret money just waiting for me you racist bastard!

edit on 11-12-2011 by PLASIFISK because: Stuff

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
yes OP, the minority advantage has gone on far too long indeed.
preferences based on ethnicity really need to stop.
this talk about government encouraging racism, racial division and racist behaviors is absolutely correct.

to those who think there isn't any "free money" based on 'racial attributes', think again and see for yourself ... here's links to various policies in multiple countries ... US listed first.
US minority grants

There are so many minority grant programs available that there are often several different ones that an individual or business can successfully apply for.
--- snip ---
There are ethnic minority grants available based on a person’s cultural background or ethnic background. This can be to encourage certain minorities to enter a specific field or to encourage companies to promote them to certain positions. This is to prevent discrimination and prejudice and to ensure that minorities have equal rights. These may be for Latino, Hispanic, Native Americans, African Americans or other particular ethnic background.
--- snip ---
Some colleges try to attract a particular type of student. For instance, traditionally black colleges may offer grants to white students in order to balance the ethnic diversity. Other grant programs offer options for those who have a specific ethnic background. Gender may also be a deciding factor for this type of grant.

in the concept that all are created equal and the US denies discrimination of ANY kind, why then do grants/free tax money contain either ethnic or gender qualifiers ???? hmmmmmm

educational funding

must self-identify as a member of a minority group ~~ minorities pursuing PhD's related to racial identity/racial issues ~~ requires student membership in JACL and submission of materials through a local JACL chapter ~~ scholarship search engine dedicated to scholarships for Latino college students ~~ up to 100 scholarships per year for American students of Armenian descent to study abroad in Turkey ~~ who are American-born of Chinese descent
~~ ~~ = ethnic qualifiers for each of the funding sources listed.
need more ??
per the OPs suggestion regarding Africa specifically ... Ed funding in Africa

Partnership for Higher Education in Africa

In 2007, we joined the Partnership for Higher Education in Africa, a collaborative of seven foundations. Our partners are:

Carnegie Corporation of New York
Ford Foundation
Hewlett Foundation
MacArthur Foundation
Mellon Foundation
Rockefeller Foundation
--- snip ---
Our grants have been used to: (among others) Diversify the academy by gender, race and ethnicity
if this group alone doesn't give you pause, you're not paying attention.

African American Scholarships

Numerous scholarships for minorities exist, and many more scholarship awards are available specifically for African American students seeking a post- secondary degree.
--- snip ---
Catharine Lealtad Scholarships are awarded to African American, Latino, and Native American students who have a strong high school record.

The Idaho Legislature established the Minority and "At-Risk" Student Scholarship to assist talented students who are "at-risk" of failing to obtain a college education because of their cultural, economic or physical circumstances

The Minority Teacher Scholarship was created by the 1988 Indiana General Assembly to address the critical shortage of Black and Hispanic teachers in Indiana.

The purpose of the Regents Professional Opportunity Scholarship is to increase representation of minority and disadvantaged individuals in New York State licensed professions.

now i'm pretty sure i could list pages of "ethnic specific" free tax money that some, even with the benefits of AA are apparently too [hmmm, which word goes here] to investigate the situation for themselves.

edit to add: please, anyone who believes they can, please explain WHY the caucasion population (least quantity of persons worldwide) is EXCLUDED from the "minority" classification?
how did the majority population become an international minority ???

also, when the first American to enslave a fellow citizen was indeed a black man AND the actions of one person (also a pale black man) brought to fruition the US national segregation policies AND the black population regularly sold their own into slavery long before the US existed, how is it that we get the blame?? (the US or whitey for that matter?)
edit on 11-12-2011 by Honor93 because: add txt

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

So whats your point.

And i never needed to research grants or tax free anything. I work very hard. I except no handouts because of this stigma that blacks need it in order to be succesfull. HA ! Keep your money! My business is doing well. Only 20 employees all hired by skill level. Race had nothing to do with it. However i did have a heart to heart with my white employees, come to find out, they questioned how succesfull the company would be given its black owner. Not my skill level in the art, nope just because im black. HA ! Some of you believe i have no right to own or operate anything, and if it is succesfull its because of your help that i got there. GTFOH!

I cant speak for all of black america. I can speak for me though. I dont need shyt from no racist. I made it on my own and will continue to do so. I will treat ALL men equaly until they show there true colors which is usually yellow amid the back section.

Soooo yeah that nice and all the grants and tax free yadda yah!

I dont need it and be damned if you call me nigga.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
reply to post by Honor93

So whats your point.
pick any one listed ... yes OP, the minority advantage has gone on far too long indeed. OR
preferences based on ethnicity really need to stop. OR
this talk about government encouraging racism, racial division and racist behaviors is absolutely correct.

And i never needed to research grants or tax free anything. I work very hard. I except no handouts because of this stigma that blacks need it in order to be succesfull. HA ! Keep your money!
and, did i address you specifically? if so, please indicate which reply did so.

i don't agree with the AA or extra support provided based on race, do you?
[notice, you weren't asked if you applied, received or even investigated the options]

i am positive that i can certainly benefit more people and animals with those funds than the government has.

My business is doing well. Only 20 employees all hired by skill level. Race had nothing to do with it. Some of you believe i have no right to own or operate anything, and if it is succesfull its because of your help that i got there. GTFOH!
nice to know that you're only racist when you want to be.
oh and btw, IF you're a biz owner (extremely doubtful), you'd have to adhere to the AA policies set forth ... or are you not legally operating a business??

However i did have a heart to heart with my white employees, come to find out, they questioned how succesfull the company would be given its black owner. Not my skill level in the art, nope just because im black. HA !
you haven't included any of the conversation and your perception of it doesn't make it so.
did it ever occur to you that the white employees may have been concerned about their own potential for advancement??

I cant speak for all of black america.
ah, but the words you chose does. you might want to generalize a bit less and focus.

I can speak for me though. I dont need shyt from no racist. I made it on my own and will continue to do so. I will treat ALL men equaly until they show there true colors which is usually yellow amid the back section.
nope, you sure don't, you're doing well enough all on your own.

Soooo yeah that nice and all the grants and tax free yadda yah!

yeah, ya gotta just love the gibberish flowing from the NON-racist types.
especially those who refuse to stay on TOPIC

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

now where did you get such an idea ??
when did i refer to such a term for any human?
if you are leaning toward the "fill in the blank" statement in my previous post ... i assure you, the verbiage i had in mind was more along the lines of ... deluded, dysfunctional, disenfranchised, lazy, lethargic, poorly educated, disinterested, or otherwise convinced of their own failure ... terms along these lines, not what you stated.

i would guess you think you're purty muckin' fuch, don't ya ???
superiority complex much ??

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Honestly its ideas like this that make it so easy to hate white people. I think the least populous people on this planet would be the people that used to occupy this land that you own now.

And if Europeans didn't completely mess up africa in the first place, who knows, maybe they would be sending aid to us?

It's actually sad to hear all of this "woe is me, woe is the white race"

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Again whats your point?

Coversation with my employees started from the topic of upbringings. All of them actually made fun of me because im mixed, but not in a bad way. I asked how did the like the job. Now these are smart guys and very responsible and mature. They talked about somethings that were good and some they would change in the way things operated. I told them why i did things the way i did. They werent privy to the total picture at that point but i kind of brought them up to speed. At anyrate, talking anout growing up in the cities we did we got into stereotypes and how i "acted" more white than black. Also how they did have intial concerns about working for a black person in a small business setting. I was not offended by the relpies. I have dealt with stereotypes for 30 years now. Also being mixed i get the bs from both sides. 20 employess mostly hispanic, some white, some black. All hired by skill level not color.

In closing i am far from racist. However you wouldnt believe the ways ive been treated in the past becasue of my skin color. then again you probably would, or have let some of those very insult come across your lips.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Nope i just dont like racist such as yourself.

Point blank.

And its because of your belief that african americans are as you described ( lazy, disfunctional, yadda ya, blah blah) that makes me work as hard as i do. My friends and family see it and understand its not personal. Just what im up against on the playing field. And i will always meet the occasion when confronted by the likes of you.

Enjoy, racist.
edit on 11-12-2011 by PLASIFISK because: Yep

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

Again whats your point?

Coversation with my employees started from the topic of upbringings. All of them actually made fun of me because im mixed, but not in a bad way. I asked how did the like the job. Now these are smart guys and very responsible and mature. They talked about somethings that were good and some they would change in the way things operated. I told them why i did things the way i did. They werent privy to the total picture at that point but i kind of brought them up to speed. At anyrate, talking anout growing up in the cities we did we got into stereotypes and how i "acted" more white than black. Also how they did have intial concerns about working for a black person in a small business setting. I was not offended by the relpies. I have dealt with stereotypes for 30 years now. Also being mixed i get the bs from both sides. 20 employess mostly hispanic, some white, some black. All hired by skill level not color.

In closing i am far from racist. However you wouldnt believe the ways ive been treated in the past becasue of my skin color. then again you probably would, or have let some of those very insult come across your lips.

if you cannot choose between the points provided, that'd be your problem to solve, not mine.

so, you initiated a conversation based on a false pretense ... check
you negate to offer the potential "mixed" status of the participating employees, although you emphasize yours ... propaganda fan i see.
[and, you willingly expect me to accept that you KNOW they're caucasions, how exactly ??? visual inspection of their external color? ... nope, no racism tendencies there.

so, why did you choose to have this conversation with ONLY white employees ?? ... separatist behavior, check.
and i'm curious, how did a conversation about childhood experiences evolve into their personal concerns about working for a small business led by a black person? ... a bit misdirecting too eh?

hired by skill level as a sole qualifier ???? not likely, every business owner knows better.
[btw, as a small biz operator, i'm relatively sure (aside from location) that a minimum of 3 minorities qualifies the business ... try schmoozing someone who doesn't know better]

i'll take you word for it cause i don't know you but i'll offer you this ... actions speak louder than words and yours, especially in this thread, have been quite telling.
you can fool some of the people most of the time but you are not fooling me.

personal disclosure: i am old enough to have participated on both sides of the fence, some from youthful conditioning and some from knee jerk reactions to specific incidents.
but that was then and this is now.
so, in conclusion, aside from describing your racist behaviors, what's your point exactly ???

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

Nope i just dont like racist such as yourself.

Point blank.

And its because of your belief that african americans are as you described ( lazy, disfunctional, yadda ya, blah blah) that makes me work as hard as i do. My friends and family see it and understand its not personal. Just what im up against on the playing field. And i will always meet the occasion when confronted by the likes of you.

Enjoy, racist.
edit on 11-12-2011 by PLASIFISK because: Yep
and you made this determination, how exactly??? you certainly don't know me and didn't even offer any greeting at the onset of your racial diatribe.
so, how does your behavior make me racist?

and why would you assume that merely disagreeing with ethnic specific funding is anything close to racist? seems you are suffering from a bad vibe indeed ... you should have that checked.

so, since you are working sooooo hard without the assistance being discussed in this thread, why do you feel you have any valid opinion regarding it ?? working an agenda are ya ??

oh and btw, i don't believe in any such classification "African American" ... you are either American or not ... end of story.

IF ever you had the pleasure of meeting me or anyone like me, you would find yourself seriously embarrassed because without ppl like me, Nat King Cole's mother would have never made it to his bedside when he had throat surgery in the 50s ... yes, ppl like me do exist ... get used to it.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
the op is right.
Gor the devastattion that generational welfare evokes on the preservation of a culture, er, the lack there of as a result you only have to look at what has happened to the American Indian and the reservations. THEY DESTROYED THE PROUD MALE ROLE MODEL THAT HAS LEAD TO ALCOHOL AND DRUG ABUSE LEAVING THE PRESEBT GENERATION NOW RUNNING IN YOUTH GANGS AND MINUS THEIR CULTURAL INHERITANCE.

Generational welfare destroys families.
When was the last time anyone in the USA saw a happy Native American Indian family out on a family outing like to dinner or a vacation?
I have native american friends and I have never seen them in bonding situations. They all seem to be on their own. No cohesiveness.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The aid we send to Africa is actually making Africa worse due to the fact that Africa and its people aren't on our scale of evolution or understanding of the world.Therefore,us sending money and aid over is like as if we expect a child to leave school when they are about 10 and automatically do what we do(too much expectation really).Its not going to be done and the best thing we can do is leave Africa to itself and and wait and see if it catches up.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by s12345

Black people in the world therefore have more rights than anyone else:

You've seriously got to be joking.

What the hell am I reading.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It would be nice if the west could wave a magic wand and fix all the problems confronting Africa in this, the post colonial period.

But that's just not going to happen.

The only way that Africa can begin to live up to its incredible potential is for Africans to do it. Outsiders, no matter how well intentioned, can not do it. How they do it? Doesn't really matter does it? So long as they are allowed to do it.

Africa for Africans. They have to want to change, we can't, and shouldn't, do it for them. We've problems enough, and to spare, in our own houses.

It's cold. It's possibly even cruel... But it's all that will really work. extra DIV

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join