It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan. Justice delayed is justice denied. Why does God wait?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That's a mystery religion belief which predates Christianity.
I'm pretty sure Jesus was opposed to such ideas because what you end up with is people hating certain people for defects they may have and attribute it to a earlier sin and so deserve their problems.
edit on 12-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Akragon

That's a mystery religion belief which predates Christianity.
I'm pretty sure Jesus was opposed to such ideas because what you end up with is people hating certain people for defects they may have and attribute it to a earlier sin and so deserve their problems.
edit on 12-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

I would have to disagree with that statement...

Anyone who understood Jesus and what he taught would also realize that hating anyone for their appearance is wrong... Who is to say that people that are born with certian "handycaps" did not deserve what they recieved at birth... no one can show this idea is correct or incorrect. And with the existance of Karma which can be proven, i believe this idea is more realistic then most of what Christians claim as truth of the after life.

Also i might add... Many Christians already hate others because of their beliefs or ideals... so this idea would be no better then Christianity as a whole as it stands already... if of course it propagated hate, which i don't believe it would any more then Christians already do

And by the way, i've never once met a gnostic that hated anything...

edit on 12-12-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Thanks for the preaching. Would you like to speak to the issue of the O P now? Regards DL

That was the reason from my perspective. God waits for the day of final judgment. Satan fell before man arrived on earth. He was a servant of God. Once he realized that man was going to be free, it became a jealousy issue. The purpose of man, in the grand scheme of things, was never revealed fully until Jesus. Once you piece it together, we now see the outcome and the mystery of what God had in mind. There is no one good answer, as this is plan is on many levels.

Satan is given a chance to do what his pride demanded--be a god. God gave him dominion over the earth. Mankind had a choice to make. We could follow God to receive the gift of knowledge over time, or we could choose our own path and take. Giving and taking are at the heart of self-pride or altruism. Satan takes in pride, which leads to stealing, killing and destroying. God gives in altruism, which leads to only the production of positive outcomes for the many.

This is the same pride issue faced by Satan. God has used us to demonstrate the reason behind humility and love over pride and greed. He demonstrates his utter authority and wisdom to be the true master to follow as we experience life. Man is the demonstration of God's will over what is created, making us the witness in the final trial and judgment by God. Love and righteousness by law is shown to be vastly superior to pride and ambition from lawlessness.

The reason to delay is to fulfill destiny and defeat sin and death in place of love and peace. Not by might and not by strength. By God's spirit of love, honor and protection for righteousness.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Fine, believe whatever you want but you are living in a delusional world not based on facts.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Fine, believe whatever you want but you are living in a delusional world not based on facts.

Perhaps you could resolve some of these delusions for me...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Greatest I am

God set Jesus as the ransom for sins.

Satan could not as he was not the one to accept the ransom.

God had his own son murdered. Not Satan.

Regards
DL
I think if that was the case, it would say so, meaning the Bible, since this is the language we are using to stage this argument.
I have to think of Jesus being a god himself before he was born as Jesus,

Do not forget the great plan.
Mythical plan that is.

If Satan killed Jesus then God just stood by and let him.

As to archetypal Jesus, un-workable rhetoric.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Satan is given a chance to do what his pride demanded--be a god. God gave him dominion over the earth.

So if a rapist has in mind to be the greatest rapist of all time, God should allow it. Ok.

Thanks for showing us your Christian morals.
You see a moral God in Job where I see an evil one causing harm to win a bet.
You are pathetic.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join