It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan. Justice delayed is justice denied. Why does God wait?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

God is to be our standard of justice and we are to emulate his ways.

He has condemned Satan to hell yet gave him dominion on earth instead of imposing his sentence. IOW. A reward.

No judge in their right mind would do so in our justice system.

Is God less responsible than our judges?

Is God denying justice by not imposing his sentence?

Why is God not imposing his sentence and instead, is rewarding Satan?

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I have never thought of the christian gods reason for lucifer to rule over hell to be a punishment. I have always thought of it a "Job Placement".

Its not as if an all powerul god didn't already know this was going to happen... right?
edit on 10-12-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Your "humanness" is showing. Time exists for us, but all is now for God. There is no "delay", just your perception of such.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
My take is that Satan is the greatest attorney-like mind extant. He could debate any position you give him with an excellence--and sleaziness--bar none.

Them idiot Lawyers running Washington are his children lol but I digress.

He has accused God of being wrong and plead his case. God, being the most fair of the fair has given the Devil a chance to make his case.

Justice delayed is not Justice denied. Peace.

edit on 10-12-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Everyone who believes that stuff is crazy.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

He has condemned Satan to hell yet gave him dominion on earth instead of imposing his sentence.
Jesus judged Satan at his crucifixion. He said that and I don't know if he meant that metaphorically or not.
If Satan was responsible for Jesus being crucified then this would be pretty good evidence to show that Satan was bad. The metaphorical part would be if by Satan, Jesus meant the world as it is and the sort of people who rule it, instead of an individual called Satan.
If we understand Satan as a person we could see him as having the goal to do away with all of us for some perceived benefit to himself. Jesus in the Gospel of Mark says that if a robber wants to rob the house of a strong man, then he would first work to tie the strong man up so they can continue their robbery unmolested. Satan would be the strong man and Jesus is the robber who is snatching away the prize of the strong man who holds the souls of those who live in this world.
edit on 10-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Is there a reason for the attacks or are you so insecure in your own beliefs that you have to come into his thread and talk trash? Or is this so you can high five your buddies in an /athiesm thread and say "I told those crazy christians"

Back to the actual topic at hand

I always thought Satan worked for God. I mean according to the bible Satan was an angel..

So this angel who stood in the presence of God and looked at Him. Thought to himself... "I can take him"
So I am stuck on one of these 3 things.

1 God isn't as powerful as the we are taught
2 Satan is more powerful than we think, and actually can win a war.
3 Satan is actually doing God's will

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

He has condemned Satan to hell yet gave him dominion on earth instead of imposing his sentence. IOW. A reward.

Regards
DL

God works by law. He follows His own law because it is the right thing to do in all circumstances. One law God follows is the Jubilee law of the master and the servant. We are all bonded to the law. If we break the law, there is a debt created that must be paid. Once the debt is created, we work to pay it off or suffer the penalty of loss. Once we serve sin and death, we are mastered by it. The law masters us unless we master the law. God always follows His own law. Since he is also the judge, he is always the master. We are always in bondage to serve God.

If a person can live a life without breaking the law, they are not mastered by it. Satan is the accuser of the law. Apart from breaking the law, Satan has no ruler-ship over the person. Once we sin, we are accused by the law. Only a kinsman can redeem the servant from one master to the other. Jesus had to come as a man to be our kinsman. We are offered the gift of freedom from the law into a new order. God no longer sees us by the law, but by the law fulfilled by Jesus. Our master is Christ and He mastered the law, having the power over sin and death. In other words, the land will change owners. God honors his commitments as a way to lead by example.

Satan was a poor master, worthy of judgment by God. Not before those who are mastered by Satan have the opportunity to change property. We will always serve God in one way or another. If we choose to run away, we are ultimately judged with the master we choose.

Ultimately, we all know what we are doing when we choose to run from the law written our hearts. No Bible is necessary to know right from wrong. The story that was provided as our history only reveals the reason why as a means to reflect. It is both literally true and spiritually valuable as a lesson in truth. God could simply make things the way he wants now. He is patient, wishing to express the value of the story as a lesson.

Confucius said, "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand." We do all three.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Regards
DL

If you were a true believer you wouldn't even need to ask that question.

The answer, is because he loves the world enough to try and save as many people as he can before he hits the delete button on the wicked. Lucifer is already dead, he just hasn't caught up that fact yet. Same as us, we were born dead we just haven't realized that we actually are already dead. Well true believers realize it, the rest of the people are walking corpses completely oblivious to the fact that theyre already dead.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by overratedpatriotism

Is there a reason for the attacks or are you so insecure in your own beliefs that you have to come into his thread and talk trash? Or is this so you can high five your buddies in an /athiesm thread and say "I told those crazy christians"

Back to the actual topic at hand

I always thought Satan worked for God. I mean according to the bible Satan was an angel..

So this angel who stood in the presence of God and looked at Him. Thought to himself... "I can take him"
So I am stuck on one of these 3 things.

1 God isn't as powerful as the we are taught
2 Satan is more powerful than we think, and actually can win a war.
3 Satan is actually doing God's will

Lucifer coveted the mercy seat, that alone was enough to judge him. You think God isn't as powerful as we thought? Michael was second to Lucifer and he couldn't beat Lucifer, he had to call on God to prevail.

Satan is just out to take as many to hell and the lake of fire with him, he knew he was royally f'd from the beginning. He wants to destroy God's greatest creation, the creation God loved more than the messengers and the creation he walked with in the cool of the day and formed from his own image, Man.

Satan is doing God's will, he is weeding the wicked from the righteous, the goats from the sheep. Satan's only consolation prize for losing the war against God will be eternal torment and those damned souls he was able to snooker into believing God doesn't exist and that Jesus Christ was some bedouin's bullsh*t campfire stories.

Satan wins some battles, but he will lose the war. Satan cannot beat Jesus, not on his best day.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

God works by law.

People create laws and then invent a god who conforms to their laws.
I think it a bit odd that you believe you understand God so perfectly.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Regards
DL

Someone already said this another way.. but:

Time is delusion, delusion is ignorance and ignorance is evil. There is no delay in eternity. In eternity everything that has happened, is happening and will happen is the same infinite moment. What you are is what you have been and what you are to become. The delusion of linear time is a by-product of ignorance of Truth which is Eternity. End (of) Time prophecy is the unfolding realization of your own denial of eternity.

Why did God bother giving us the ability to be or choose to be deluded? For fun. Because it's possible.. For the drama.
edit on 10-12-2011 by rwfresh because: of eternity.. not "or"

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I would say because he wants to separate the wheat from the tares. One of the signs of the end is that the gospel is preached in all nations.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I agree .
There are many crazies around.
Look above your post.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
I have never thought of the christian gods reason for lucifer to rule over hell to be a punishment. I have always thought of it a "Job Placement".

Its not as if an all powerul god didn't already know this was going to happen... right?
edit on 10-12-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

Exactly.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

He has condemned Satan to hell yet gave him dominion on earth instead of imposing his sentence.
Jesus judged Satan at his crucifixion. He said that and I don't know if he meant that metaphorically or not.
If Satan was responsible for Jesus being crucified then this would be pretty good evidence to show that Satan was bad. The metaphorical part would be if by Satan, Jesus meant the world as it is and the sort of people who rule it, instead of an individual called Satan.
If we understand Satan as a person we could see him as having the goal to do away with all of us for some perceived benefit to himself. Jesus in the Gospel of Mark says that if a robber wants to rob the house of a strong man, then he would first work to tie the strong man up so they can continue their robbery unmolested. Satan would be the strong man and Jesus is the robber who is snatching away the prize of the strong man who holds the souls of those who live in this world.
edit on 10-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

God set Jesus as the ransom for sins.

Satan could not as he was not the one to accept the ransom.

God had his own son murdered. Not Satan.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Regards
DL

God works by law. He follows His own law because it is the right thing to do in all circumstances. One law God follows is the Jubilee law of the master and the servant. We are all bonded to the law. If we break the law, there is a debt created that must be paid. Once the debt is created, we work to pay it off or suffer the penalty of loss. Once we serve sin and death, we are mastered by it. The law masters us unless we master the law. God always follows His own law. Since he is also the judge, he is always the master. We are always in bondage to serve God.

If a person can live a life without breaking the law, they are not mastered by it. Satan is the accuser of the law. Apart from breaking the law, Satan has no ruler-ship over the person. Once we sin, we are accused by the law. Only a kinsman can redeem the servant from one master to the other. Jesus had to come as a man to be our kinsman. We are offered the gift of freedom from the law into a new order. God no longer sees us by the law, but by the law fulfilled by Jesus. Our master is Christ and He mastered the law, having the power over sin and death. In other words, the land will change owners. God honors his commitments as a way to lead by example.

Satan was a poor master, worthy of judgment by God. Not before those who are mastered by Satan have the opportunity to change property. We will always serve God in one way or another. If we choose to run away, we are ultimately judged with the master we choose.

Ultimately, we all know what we are doing when we choose to run from the law written our hearts. No Bible is necessary to know right from wrong. The story that was provided as our history only reveals the reason why as a means to reflect. It is both literally true and spiritually valuable as a lesson in truth. God could simply make things the way he wants now. He is patient, wishing to express the value of the story as a lesson.

Confucius said, "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand." We do all three.

Thanks for the preaching. Would you like to speak to the issue of the O P now?

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Regards
DL

If you were a true believer you wouldn't even need to ask that question.

The answer, is because he loves the world enough to try and save as many people as he can before he hits the delete button on the wicked. Lucifer is already dead, he just hasn't caught up that fact yet. Same as us, we were born dead we just haven't realized that we actually are already dead. Well true believers realize it, the rest of the people are walking corpses completely oblivious to the fact that theyre already dead.

I see some proof of that in your mind. Brain dead.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

God set Jesus as the ransom for sins.

Satan could not as he was not the one to accept the ransom.

God had his own son murdered. Not Satan.

Regards
DL
I think if that was the case, it would say so, meaning the Bible, since this is the language we are using to stage this argument.
I have to think of Jesus being a god himself before he was born as Jesus, but relinquished those attributes that would have made him not able to suffer things like pain and sorrow and death. Once the change was made, he realized he was subject to God himself, being a man. The mission of God is to mitigate the circumstances people are in, in their lives as it is. Jesus then, being in a weakened state on account of being a mortal, relied on the help of which God was giving, in order to have the moral courage necessary to follow through with his original intention that he had back when he knew no fear.
The battle is to find a sort of equilibrium in the middle of a cosmos in flux which had no remorse for the fate of those in its grip, which is any living being in the universe. He was dealing with a system of cause and effect where the normal effect is death. The goal would have been to find away to come to terms with this unloving way that the universe is and how we are so vulnerable in it. So his death would not have been on the altar of God, since that would be a contradiction of terms. It would have to be something like an indisputable fact which makes the cause and effect balance to tip another way than it had up until then. Jesus would have understood full well that people were dying and going away to a place where there was no return. He had to go to that place and then break out and his doing so made it possible for others to follow.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Perhaps God imposes his sentence after the death of the body...

Pistis Sophia, outlines an elaborate system of reward and punishment that includes reincarnation. The text explains differences in fate as the effects of past-life actions. A "man who curses" is given a body that will be continually "troubled in heart". A "man who slanders" receives a body that will be "oppressed". A thief receives a "lame, crooked and blind body". A "proud" and "scornful" man receives "a lame and ugly body" that "everyone continually despises." Thus earth, as well as hell, becomes the place of punishment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join