It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lowe's Pulls Advertisement for Muslim Reality TV Show

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
First and foremost the show sucks! The promo was better than the show. That's enough to drop advertising for any savvy business owner. Happens all the time.

Secondly, I understand the purpose of the show and I don't like it. Just more garbage to fill empty space and generate crap like this debate. I'll just toss it into the Jersey Shore/Kardashian/Hilton circular file.

Bring back "Fantasy Island", "The A-Team", "Magnum P.I." etc.. I'm tired of agenda TV.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
MESSAGE to CAIR from LOWE’S: Keep it up!!

Thanks to your crusade against LOWE’S for pulling their ads from the low-rated ‘All-American Muslim’ show on TLC, LOWE’S stores are reporting record sales so far for the month of December. In fact, this could be their biggest year of all. Your boycott is getting them far more business than their commercials on ‘All-American Muslim’ would have.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I am glad muslims got the middle finger, on the other hand, it was on behalf of a christian organisation.

reply to post by MrXYZ

Can't take racists morons seriously, their opinion often stems from an incredible lack of education.

There is no racism here, Islam is a religion, not a race.

Fine...call them "bigots" them if it makes you feel any better

They were still dropped on their head as a kid, or are simply uneducated

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Why yes. Being DISCRIMINATING is actually a trait that has many good qualities.

I assume that if Muslims set up a channel, that you'll be advocating for them to advertize tampons and Big Brother with equal passion.

Oh wait....no you won't.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibehoBring back "Fantasy Island", "The A-Team", "Magnum P.I." etc.. I'm tired of agenda TV.

Manimal.

Agenda TV - good description. Yet again, Corporations, Governments, Religions, Social Engineers, Producers, trying to tell *us* how to be and what to like and what is culture. At some point, they decided they tell us what is good and right and fun, not that they take direction from us on what is appropriate.

But what's best about this, when you step in and start saying stuff you get the smack down about being out of place. Apparently, defining what we are and like isn't a job for us lowly peons. Unless it is in some marketing survey intended to package a piece of social engineering in deep friend breading that you'll find delicious.

Then they play shell games with themselves to prove to themselves how this makes sense.

But to top it off, their monkeying around is actually causing rifts that an organic system would be far less likely to embrace.

However, I think we should totally embrace their attempts at social engineering. They are clearly so bad at it, and there is a growing segment of the population who seem to generally be slightly smarter than average, who are dropping out. Better, dropping out and finding each other.

What happens when the people motivated by freedom and ideas start getting seriously annoyed, drop out and turn their attention to the greedy arrogance of those who presume that they have a right to rule everything from your governments, your culture, all the way into your MIND?

I have a guess. I bet the people motivated by not-money are naturally better at it. They have the thing that the greedy arrogant pricks have to pay trilions of dollars to figure out. You have a lifetime of being battered by their offensive techniques. A battle for your mind every day, every hour, every minute, every second for your entire life.... and yet, you live as an individuated human. You sir, have a natural defense system. You are hardened mind warrior, taught the tricks of the battle on the field of battle.
edit on 2011/12/19 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join