It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lowe's Pulls Advertisement for Muslim Reality TV Show

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I know a lot of members are worried about Islam, especially since 911 (shame on you if you think Muslims did 911). I personally am not religious but respect other people's right to worship. I acknowledge that Muslim extremism exists, but also believe it is way over hyped. All religions have extreme elements, I'm not here to bash or defend any religion. I just wanted to share this news about Lowe's bowing to pressure from a Christian organization to take down the ads.

Retail chain pressured into pulling advertising from reality show about Muslims

The cable channel TLC may have thought it was promoting the cause of ethnic and religious harmony by running a program that sympathetically examines the lives of five ordinary American Muslim families. But now the show itself has become a source of conflict, with the conservative Florida Family Association urging advertisers to boycott it and at least one major retail chain complying.

Media critics are already issuing scathing criticism of the decision by home retail giant Lowe’s to respond to the Florida Family Association’s campaign against the program. Gawker, for example, writes, “American Muslim, a TLC reality show that depicts the lives of Muslims in dangerous anti-American professions like ‘police officer’ and ‘high school football coach,’ is obviously the most egregious example yet of creeping Sharia. So thank (the Christian) God that all-American retailer Lowe’s has decided to pull advertising from the show!”

According to TLC, “All-American Muslim takes a look at life in Dearborn, Michigan–home to the largest mosque in the United States–through the lens of five Muslim American families. Each episode offers an intimate look at the customs and celebrations, misconceptions and conflicts these families face outside and within their own community.”

Sorry but I thought religion was about tolerance, this Christian group are a bunch of hypocrites and Lowe's are just as guilty for giving in to the pressure. Here is a trailer for the show, this is not Muslim extremism and anyone that feels threatened by this show needs to educate themselves.

edit on 10-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: fix video

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I have educated myself about the death cult known as islam. Read their book. Even more importantly, watch their actions and lack of actions. There is no peaceful majority of muslims. That is a lie rooted in political correctness. This cult is all about death and killing those who will not submit.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Sharia Sharia Sharia these ignorant fools won't stop until their Christian dogma is forced on all Americans. This is what happens when people are stupid enough to think America is a Christian nation. Lowe's should have filed a harassment lawsuit against them.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

If you want to live under sharia as a dhimmi, please feel free to relocate to a nation that embraces it. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

I have educated myself about the death cult known as islam. Read their book. Even more importantly, watch their actions and lack of actions. There is no peaceful majority of muslims. That is a lie rooted in political correctness. This cult is all about death and killing those who will not submit.

So Fox is putting books on Islam out now?
2nd.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

If you want to live under sharia as a dhimmi, please feel free to relocate to a nation that embraces it. Thank you.

You can take your ignorance somewhere else. For Sharia to take over in the US they would first have to get rid of the constitution.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Sorry but I thought religion was about tolerance

What made you think that?

In any case, based purely on scripture Islam is the least 'tolerant' of all major religions.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

So Fox is putting books on Islam out now?
2nd.
Wow, are you not aware that this cult uses a book called the koran/qur'an? Maybe you need to stop watching so much tv?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You can take your ignorance somewhere else. For Sharia to take over in the US they would first have to get rid of the constitution.
In case you haven't noticed, our Constitution is currently being used as toilet paper by tptb.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

In case you haven't noticed, our Constitution is currently being used as toilet paper by tptb.

Yes and who is running TPTB? It sure as hell isn't the Muslims.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I am informed on this site that some nebulous "they" has already gotten rid of the Constitution. Often by people who worship the man in your avatar.

In any event, it's a free market, and I applaud any sponsor that drops a "reality" TV show.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Okay. Let's go with the whole "Islam is violent" thing and say that Sharia law is coming to the US.

You do realize Judaism, and Christianity as an extension, were built upon massacres and bloodshed, right? I'm not attacking Christianity, far from it, atheism has blood on its hands, and there are even those who were Buddhist have acted violently and hurt and killed others.

So before you beat your chest with your nose upturned at others, just remember that your God of choice is just as cruel and bloodthirsty as the other guy's.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
my only comment is this....

Your god was nailed to a cross, mine carries a hammer, any questions....

picture

LMEAO

You see I can not by this I watched the show... it is called propaganda....

"fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem "

Screw em too

As a Pagan... good I might just go to lowes....

You see in america we vote with dollars.... so yeah Lowes bowed out over being right

Let us talk educating people like me... we are persecuted and the three top religions feel we should not even be allowed to live....

Remember your clerics call americans "pagan infidels...."

What is funny is that they are arguing over the ending of a book... the are as bad as twilight fans....

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Was Lowes the only sponsor they had? Last I heard private companies can put ads anywhere they want. If they don't like it boycott Lowes. I see little difference in the show about Mormons having more than wife. If the viewers are there so be it. Don't like it don't watch it. As for me there isn't a reality show out there i would spend my time watching.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This is the topic:

Lowe's Pulls Advertisement for Muslim Reality TV Show

Please stay on topic.
Further off topic posts, rants and the like will be removed.

Also, We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I see we are back to the old tricks.

Defend Islam by throwing Christians and Jews in front of them.

Always an excellent technique.

Look - I'll gladly take a hunk of flesh out of a Baptist for overstepping themselves into my rights.

I'm well aware that fundie Jews don't think I'm a real human.

AND I WILL STILL JUDGE ISLAM based on its very real political agenda that I utterly oppose.

Shall I force a corporation that is mainly full of Muslims to advertise on Jersey Shore? Or does your annoyance only work one way?
edit on 2011/12/11 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
A Democratic Senator from California calling for an apology to Muslims? Say it ain't so!!!

Glad he decided to forget the tumbling California economy, crime, immigrants, gangs, etc. to focus on the real issues.

Do idiots like this ever make you think maybe you're the one that's crazy and doesn't get it?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Can't take racists morons seriously, their opinion often stems from an incredible lack of education. Treat them as the clowns they are

Just kinda sad to see Lowe's listen to those clowns

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Reality TV shows all suck. Seriously suck. They are for the brain dead.
I say ... GREAT! .... Pull all advertisements from ALL reality TV shows.
Let 'em all go off the air and watch the collective IQ of the USA rise a whole bunch!

(oh .. and I'll throw 'The View' in there as well ...
)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I am glad muslims got the middle finger, on the other hand, it was on behalf of a christian organisation.

reply to post by MrXYZ

Can't take racists morons seriously, their opinion often stems from an incredible lack of education.

There is no racism here, Islam is a religion, not a race.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join