It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NDAA: What are we Going to do About It

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have been cruising through these threads and many of them involve congress's attempt to pass the NDAA bill that will in essence signal the end to America as we know it. Yet, after all the talk about how bad it is and what it will do to our way of life, I see no one even trying to come up with a solution for it. I may be new here, but if this bill can do what we think it will do we have to stop its passage.

Obama may veto it, but we can't risk that. 1 in every 5 bills vetoed by the president successfully get congressional overrides. With the massive support this bill has, it will almost certainly get that override. It may buy us sometime, but we can't risk waiting that long.

We have a couple options open to us that I will explain and expand upon here. Our first course of action, and probably the easier of the two, is to start a campaign to bring this bill to public awareness. Our second, and more risky, option is to use the recall laws to force the senators who voted "aye" to S. 1867 out of office as a warning to the rest of congress that we do not take this # lightly.

I'm sure you guys are aware of the SOPA/PIPA bills. Fight for the Future led a successful viral campaign to bring it to public awareness and got millions of people to call their congressmen and managed to stop SOPA. The PIPA campaign is still in progress since the bill hasn't been voted on. I recommend this route since it is easier to organize and to do the second option we will likely need the support garnered by the campaign.

The recall laws are a little trickier since they vary from state to state. Unfortunately only 18 states allow the recall of a federal elected official. However, there is hope. The debate over recall is left open to interpretation by the tenth amendment which declares, as I'm sure you know, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.".
This means if we can gather a large enough following, we can force the states to allow a recall. I haven't laid the plans out in their entirety yet, but I think we can make it work.

Even if we don't do the recalls, we should at least bring this bill to the public eye. Then we can direct our followers to flood their senators' and representative's inbox and phone lines.

However, there is a very vital issue. If we are going to act, it must begin now! The bill is in reconciliations and since it is a budget it will likely be voted on BEFORE new years. This is an issue we cannot afford to ignore.

Since congress is trying so hard to keep this bill secret, let's pull the rug out from under them. We have the oppertunity to do what is unprecedented, we can put a full stop on this conspiracy and protect the freedoms that let us speak about what is wrong with this nation. If NDAA passes this website will likely be taken down and its members hunted down for supporting "terrorist activity".

Are you willing to fight this bill, or would you rather vanish quietly into the night.
edit on 10/12/11 by Azekual because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Azekual

America is being sodomized. Excuse my french.--------------

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wonhunlo

I'm aware of that, but we can at least try to save this hemorrhaging monstrosity

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I have attempted to contact my congressman about this via e-mail, I have not received a response yet but when I do I will update you with the response.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I contacted Sen. Baucus here in Montana. He expressed his disagreement with portions of the bill and supported legislation that would strip sections 1031 and 1032 from it. That legislation was killed, and sections 1031 and 1032 remain in the bill. Baucus voted for the final passage of the bill anyway.

In all seriousness, we must act. Now. The door for action is closing.

WHAT action though if petitions don't do ANYTHING?
edit on 10-12-2011 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'm going through the list of every Representative for every state, and explaining why I demand that they oppose the bill. I usually say something like this:

"I'm calling to demand that the Representative opposes the unconstitutional measures in the National Defense Authorization Act. I'm referring specifically to the sections that allow the military to act as a police force on American soil and indefinitely imprison American citizens without trial. This violates the 5th, 6th, and 7th Amendment of the Constitution that the Representative swore an oath to protect and defend, as well as the Posse Comitatus Act"

Of course the Congressman is never in the office, or so they tell me. I just hope half of the messages that the secretaries take are actually being shown to the Representatives, but I wouldn't be suprised if they don't even write anything down and just pretend like they did on the phone.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It's a great start but it won't be enough unless we can spread this news to everyone.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Sorry to double post, but focus on the congressmen from your own state. They won't bother with you if youre not their constituent. Unless you don't tell then that.
.....Then again: carry on

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I think the Occupy movement should be focussed on letting the American people know about this Bill by Occupying Capitol Hill.
You need to inform family and friends of whats going on, for the sake of your Country and for your children and their children.
I find it hard that there`s no outrage on the streets of America.

To quote Andy 1972 from another thread:

The USA is now a dictatorship,where the miltary regime govern under the cover of the pariot act and homeland security.
Gone are your freedoms and your liberties.
Gone are your constitution and your amendments.
The military industrial complex forces laws through with or without the blessing of congress by paying its senators to close their eyes, forget their principles and vote in favor of agression.
More and more are the laws which need no presidencial ye or ney.

Only Americans can save America.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Azekual

Yeah that's why whenever they asked for my address I would just say "The land of the free and the home of the brave"

lol

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Azekual

I'm going to pour another glass of whiskey and not give a crap. Rousing the American populace is impossible. Not only are we complacent and content in our place in life, but when ever we actually do take to the streets it's in a highly uneducated way. OWS for example, effing morons. Or the Tea Party, thanks for the elected tards. Every time we actually try and "change" the system, we make it worse.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Azekual

I'm going to pour another glass of whiskey and not give a crap. Rousing the American populace is impossible. Not only are we complacent and content in our place in life, but when ever we actually do take to the streets it's in a highly uneducated way. OWS for example, effing morons. Or the Tea Party, thanks for the elected tards. Every time we actually try and "change" the system, we make it worse.

I will admit, we are complacent. However our furies can be roused if we are provoked properly. And when properly roused we are a force of nature. I've been resisting the urge to drink away the rest of my freedom, if only because I know that I would not survive the bout of depression that is lingering at the edge of my emotional sonar.

If may seem idealistic and hopelessly optimistic, but not fighting it now means we are accepting defeat and allowing them to take away the freedoms of over 300 million people.

We have knowledge of this assassination attempt on the Constitution. As such we have the responsibility to stop this madness before it happens. If we don't, we are as responsible for the loss of freedoms as the greedy swines who breathed life into this monstrosity.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

Well here is a thought lets say S1867 and HR1540 pass and become law why not use this law on Congress 1031 and 1032 for giving aid to the enemy, sounds nuts but is it? They have given aid to Pakistan and to the Afghan gov that seem to turn a blind eye to terrorist actives. they Congress, have given aid to groups that have used the funds and aid against the US Citizens knowingly and willingly, Fast and Furious is one, aid in the from money to Pakistan and Afghanistan is an other. Just a thought, not that It would work, or be used.

edit on 11-12-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I was about to tell you how amazing this is but then I had a horrible realization. Since Congress acts as a single unit, they are all responsible for any action undertaken by congress. Guilt by association. Doing what you say would eliminate ALL of congress. This would knock the check and balances way off, giving Obama too much power until the next election. Which her would have the power to suspend since there is no Congress to keep him in check. The Courts wouldn't be able to stop him, because he could declare them terrorists and have them sent off.
This would remove the only real obstacle between Obama and police statehood. Not only would he have the legalized means to create it, but he would have the only people who could repeal the law if he began abusing it out of the way.
Currently, the bill says only the president has the power to determine who is indefinitely detained. This would be the worst move we could possibly make.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
i usually communicate to my Senator...he is Lindsey Graham in SC

i won't tell him i am ticked off... 'cause that might land me on their hit list

its best to go underground...at least until there's enough of the new paradigm to make a resonable and informed decision on just what are the parameters...& just what is no-no--- with dire repercussions to those who are against the law

I am sure my other Senator Jim DeMint (who represents another bloc of voters would not be responsive nor congenial to my viewpoint of both of their affirmative votes on this issue

what will I do about it...
well---since voicing opposition will likely land me on a 'terrorist' list
i will duck down to not draw attention to myself or family

anything more is best left unsaid in a public forum

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The senator I contacted told me he supported the bill because otherwise "terrorists" could be deported here and given the same constitutional rights that "we have." (We see those eroding more and more...)

It's such a damn waste of time contacting these bastards. They don't give a *&$% what we have to say. They already have their minds made up unless we wave money in their faces!

Our strength could be in numbers, if those numbers of people weren't so freaking hypnotized!

We are so toasted, despite our numbers, because the majority are in a dreamlike state where everything is still okay.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Azekual

well like i said in the last line of my post, Just a thought, not that It would work, or be used. He already has to much power why give him more.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

It seems that no matter what we the people try or do they will win for here is one that tried to do www.huffingtonpost.com... from the link

Harry Accornero, New Hampshire GOP Lawmaker, Accuses President Obama Of Treason
ok it is one he need one more to come before the senate floor for it does take 2 to make lawful.

top topics

join