It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reward = Meat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Matthew 16:27
For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

What is the reward?

Matthew24:45
Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

Reward = meat.

What kind of meat?

Meat for the purpose of sexuality of course.

Due season is mating season.

Meat is bare gender bodies.

Anyone think the reward is something other than meat? Then speak your piece or hold your silence.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The faithful and wise servant is the Son of man. His lord is the Father.

I want my portion of meat! I want to be meat and have meat for sexual purposes and then some. Don't know about the rest of you.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I disagree.
I feel it is a clear reference to Mrs. Paul's fish sticks.
To each their own though, I guess.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Yup - Wages, reward, rations. I doubt it means a tenderloin...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

edit on 10-12-2011 by Chemley because: Double Post

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Reward = meat.

What kind of meat?

Anyone think the reward is something other than meat? Then speak your piece or hold your silence.

Gotta chuckle at this one. You are SO far off base, I'm debating if I should even comment...
...read the bible in the original language... i.e. find the word and translate it into TODAY'S english (use a concordance if necessary).
I believe you'll find that "meat" is more correctly translated "food".

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Meat = carn- (i,e. "carnivore", "carnival")

carn- -------> carnal

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Firstly, be wary of reading too much into the Authorised Version wording. Double-check with other translations, because words change their meaning. The word in Greek is not "meat", but food in general. (In the time when the AV was written, "meat" was more likely to be used for food in general).

Secondly, you are getting confused between the job the servant does, and the reward he receives for it. Giving out food is the servants job. His reward is something else altogether.

Thirdly, the comparison with the steward is a metaphorical one. The servant of Christ resembles the steward in the faithfulness he puts into his work, not in the actual physical details of the job.

edit on 10-12-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ropaq50

You fail to realize we don't eat food in DUE SEASON, no, we eat all the time. So what does due season mean then? It is dealing with mating season in combination of meat which you call food. Food can be considered sexual. Just like reading material can be considered food for the mind. Meat is indeed implied with due season to make the connection clearest.
edit on 10-12-2011 by WarJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I'm not confused. The servant gives the reward. For he is the Son of man.

What did it mean by due season?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

As far as this parable is concerned, Christ is the master who comes back and finds the servant doing his job.
That is the whole point; encouraging us to behave faithfully like the servant.

"In due season" is seventeenth century language for "at the right time".

edit on 10-12-2011 by DISRAELI because: lost a century

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
What about vegetarians and celibate people?

As far as the "due season" reference, I believe it means the provisions will be based on which migratory animals are around in that particular season. Didn't even strike me as odd or confusing until you mentioned it.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It would be very sad if you were correct but you must not be aware of fishing and hunting seasons, times to harvest vegetables and basically mother nature's coarse.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn

Matthew 16:27
For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

What is the reward?

Matthew24:45
Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

Reward = meat.

What kind of meat?

Um. I think your mind is on sex too much is what i think.

There is no sex in heaven.

Meat in referrence to that scripture in Matthew has nothing to do with sex or penis. Meat used in that regard is a metaphor describing our spitirual nourishment, our spirtual food. In other words our reward will be our spiritual resurrection by partaking of the food of life (Jesus the Christ) and the "due season" is when we die. Our deaths are when all our debts are called due and we face the judgement.

Yeah, definately need to think less about sex.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

What about vegetarians

The answer is beans my friend. Be prepared to eat alot of beans and you better bring an eternal bottle of Beanno.

J/k. Gotta be silly sometimes.

And yes, i did go there

edit on 12-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join