It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich: Palestinians are an 'invented people'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This just is so wrong.

It's racist nonsense and Americans should be ashamed that a man who says and thinks this way is the GOP frontrunner. Not to mention the fact that Israel owns US politics throuh heavy lobbying and intimidation with the threat of being branded "anti-semite"

Would't it be nice if we had a president that cared more about America, and about what is morally right, than he cared about Israel?

GOP presidential frontrunner Newt Gingrich suggested in an interview aired on Friday that those living in the Palestinian territories are an "invented people."

"I believe that the Jewish people have the right to have a state," Gingrich said on The Jewish Channel. "Remember, there was no Palestine as a state. It was part of the Ottoman Empire. And I think that we've had an invented Palestinian people, who are in fact Arabs, who are historically part of the Arab community."

He added: "And they had a chance to go many places and for a variety of political reasons, we have sustained this war against Israel now since the 1940s. I think it's tragic."

edit on 10-12-2011 by Never Despise because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If Gingrich is right, then someone must own a patent on them!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Never Despise

Politicians are invented people. Characters, actors, personas.

I'll let someone else choose their own wording.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I just posted this too

Yours is right under mine so my thread will probably get taken down.

Newt is what you would call a Christian Zionist.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hey Newt! The 1920's called, they say Palestine exists.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Lena From Palesteena, that is surely evidence of international personality. As is the Girl From Ipanema, etc.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Gingrich is just another Israeli bootlicker. Somebody should ask him why didn't Palestine receive statehood when it was given to Israel.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

This just is so wrong. It's racist nonsense

Good title for your own post, actually.
Zionist eevil blood squeezing tentacles aside (Goebbels will cry from joy), Palestinian nation did not exist less then hundred years ago. There was geographical region of Palestine, in British control, with population of predominately Arabs and minorities - largest of which was Jewish.
In response to Zionism national movement of Palestinian Arabs who considered them self ethnic Palestinians was born, it was hardly invented of course but appeared as a counteraction to increasing Jewish presence. But it was still so weak that in 1948 not a single Arab army fighting the Jews described themself as Palestinians.
But please, continue with pretty cartoons. More blood, tentacles and Jewish symbols!!! Heil racist nonsense!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Palestinians are an 'invented people' in the same way that nations are invented concepts...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Palestinians are an 'invented people' in the same way that nations are invented concepts...

Indeed because Israel did not exist before 1948. In terms of sovereign nations, etc., Modern Israel is NOT the same as ancient Israel. Modern Israel simply did not exist.

So I am having a problem seeing how they can make any more claim for "existance" than the people that happened to be there when their land was taken from them?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
And what on earth does he think "Americans" are?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
For all this crying over the Palestinians and their loss of land, I have not ONCE heard a peep about the Kurds in the regions of Iran, Iraq and Turkey. Or is it that people only regurgitate the facts they hear on the idiot box? How about the other Arab nations that basically treat the Palestinians as a second class people and use them to further their agendas?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Yeah lot of other countries in the middle east stole palenstinian land but nothing is ever said about that as per the british mandate:

en.wikipedia.org...

And all Gingrich haters were invented since every single one of them uses the term "zionsits" and condemn anything Israel does and defends Palenstine.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The Palestine name started as a joke.

Romans named a piece of land Palestine to rub it in the faces of the Jews.

You know the whole David and Goliath story. Goliath was a Philistine. That is where they got the name.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

They are an "invented people" .. They are (mostly) Semites who happen to live in an area declared "Palestine" (by a Roman emperor after losing a war to the Jews) but have no specific ethnic claims, no specific historical claim, and no specific cultural claim. The area didn't even have it's own governorship under the Ottoman Empire..

Israel hates them, the West has no use of them, the Arabs hate them, the Egyptians despise them, the Iraqis and Syrians used them, the Jordanians would rather Israel finish them off, the Lebanese put them in camps.. They're like the "Arab trash" of the Arab World. No one wants them. They can't govern themselves. And somehow they manage to be the biggest thorn in anyones side in the entire region. A "country" that produces nothing, lives off aid, and is used as a military puppet by several Muslim nations just to irk the Israelis.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

EXCELLENT point.. I did a series of threads about the Kurdish government and country a few years ago.. There is a people with a history, a culture and an ethnic divide from others that is exclusive to their own and exist in 3 separate nations. The average number of US Troops required to be in Kurdish Iraq was 3. Yes .. 3. The vast majority of economic growth: Kurdish. The country would have dissolved without them.. and our thanks to them? Nothing.

People pay attention to the Israeli Palestinian issue because the media puts it in their face, even when you look at other parts of the ME or god forbid parts of Africa the atrocities are far grater and more frequent. Of course when Jews are doing the killing, it's so much easier to call them out and make a stand.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Trying to score points from Jewish hardliners and evangelists...cheap

But what else would you expect from a guy who twitters the candy brand that's paying him $1.5m to do so?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
For all this crying over the Palestinians and their loss of land, I have not ONCE heard a peep about the Kurds in the regions of Iran, Iraq and Turkey. Or is it that people only regurgitate the facts they hear on the idiot box? How about the other Arab nations that basically treat the Palestinians as a second class people and use them to further their agendas?

My friend I completely support the post but you couldnt have put the otehr perspective better. I compeltely agree. I completely support Palestine, Palestinians have been around for a lot longer than Americans have and I do not accept eother that because if the arrogance, ignorance and the pocket (bebcause he was surely paid to say that) all the other Americans are blame for this racist stupidity.

But also, you do ahve to look at the other things happening in the world. As we speak, there has been attacks to Gaza during the last days and there has been zero report about it, at least not in the mainstream media. Why?

Also, there hasnt been reports of the Mus;lims Kurdish that are also under the whole "Non-republic" "occupied" territory and people think of them of this barbaric people... and man, Turkey has done some incredible things for Palestine but not so many for Kurdistan.

It is a crazy battle in the Middle East, something it is better to read and learn from all perspective before having an opinion about it.

But i completely agree this about "invented people" JUST CROSSED THE LINE! and terrorist??????? LOL talking about generalisation... how could you say?

I ahve to say something, I was for 18 years in a Salesian Roman Catholic school who one of the main priests who tought us was from Poland. He was the one who tought us about religion, the Bible and the history of religion. He tought me from the age of 6 to the age of 14. He came to Venezuela as a missionary also escaping the World World 2. He was very old when I was 14, I believe about 82-86 years old. He went to school with Karol Wojtyla (John Paul II), we always praised him because he was friend of such a good man.
Our teacher, Priest John, he woudl always call the geographical land "Palestine" and the Biblical land "Israel" Im not very sure why but I can guess why and I agree with him.

For those in the UK right now there a very interesting documentary about Jerusalem that I encourage you to watch because it seems to be very unbaised and it is all about the land of Jerusalem. It is very interesting and it all starts from when the land was found because of the stream of water.

I am not sure if people fom other lands can access the link but here I post, just in case:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

I encourage you to read more about it because I really think that it is not true.

There is a link to one good documentary.

Wiki:
The term Peleset (transliterated from hieroglyphs as P-r-s-t) is found in numerous Egyptian documents referring to a neighboring people or land starting from c.1150 BCE during the Twentieth dynasty of Egypt. The first mention is thought to be in texts of the temple at Medinet Habu which record a people called the Peleset among the Sea Peoples who invaded Egypt in Ramesses III's reign.[9] The Assyrians called the same region Palashtu or Pilistu, beginning with Adad-nirari III in the Nimrud Slab in c.800 BCE through to emperor Sargon II in his Annals approximately a century later.[10][11][1] Neither the Egyptian or Assyrian sources provided clear regional boundaries for the term.

The first clear use of the term Palestine to refer to the region synonymous with that defined in modern times was in 5th century BC Ancient Greece.[dubious – discuss] Herodotus wrote of a 'district of Syria, called Palaistinê" in The Histories, the first historical work clearly defining the region, which included the Judean mountains and the Jordan Rift Valley.[12][13][14][15][16][17] Approximately a century later, Aristotle used a similar definition in Meteorology, writing "Again if, as is fabled, there is a lake in Palestine, such that if you bind a man or beast and throw it in it floats and does not sink, this would bear out what we have said. They say that this lake is so bitter and salt that no fish live in it and that if you soak clothes in it and shake them it cleans them," understood by scholars to be a reference to the Dead Sea.

and this is a warning to peopl in America who more and more are coming to www.dailymail.co.uk to read the news and the latest gossip. I strongely recommend not reading this tabloid because it s truly full of rubbish and for the Brits, you probably already know!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Every people is an 'invented people'. Every nation is an 'invented nation'. The concept of nationhood is based upon voluntary participation, shared culture and shared identity.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join