It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans continue on their quest to destroy everything the U.S. stands for.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
What is ludicrous about this whole Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is that it is just more government redundancy for the sake of spending money.

Case in point: www.bankrate.com...

The CFPB has been tasked with modifying ridiculously convoluted, government mandated mortgage forms, which were originally intended to "protect the consumer" by informing them.

So, we pay one bureaucracy to generate and mandate consumer protection, while simultaneously paying another to protect the consumer from the first. And, on top of that, there are people who allow themselves to be convinced this is a great idea and that, once again, more government is the answer to all of life's ills!

Doomed, we are.

ETA: Here is what the CFPB, themselves, have to say about it

When you see these prototypes, you may think, “This doesn’t look shorter or simpler than the current disclosures.” You’re right. These prototypes have some new items that you may not have seen on the current disclosures they’re replacing. These additions are new disclosures required by the Dodd–Frank Act. Basically, we’ve boiled down content that could have filled ten pages into five or six.

www.consumerfinance.gov...

Wow, just wow! "We are the government and we are here to help. We are created more mortgage disclosure documents, to protect you. Sure, these additional five or six forms are convoluted and extensive, but remember we are the government so we could have very easily made them ten pages long instead, so be thankful!"
edit on 11-12-2011 by WTFover because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2011 by WTFover because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

There was a plan that died a long time ago that was going to allow an employer to dictate what sites you went on during your personal time, who you associated with, what friends you have,

pantheos.wordpress.com...

If that plan would've gone though your employer could fire you for being on ATS.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Lunatic rantings eh just love the personal attacks in this thread because god forbid someone else have a different view point as to Clinton and his so called surplus was stolen straight from the Social Security Trust fund.

Typical liberals blame everyone except themselves for the country they made 15 trillion in public debt over 100 trillion in debt for their social programs and over 100 million people on the Government dime.

That is Democrats no matter how much people try to blame the right but they never created the half assed big 3 and the Federal Reserve.

edit on 11-12-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You are in the minority who want Govt to "get out of the way and be a rubber stamper for whatever new draconian policy The SCUM and their politician employees want" will never happen!

This will never happen and that is just that, this is not just another opinion but is a fact!

Hook, line, sinker, SUNK!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Wow, are you really this naive?

In a free market no company would release medicine that killed. They would go out of business. In a regulated market they will pay fines and fees for murder but not go out of business.

Yeah, that business might close, but the people who ran the scam still walk away with the money, and no responsibility. They are then free to go run their scam elsewhere. Is this a world you want to live in?

In a regulated market, if found negligent, they will pay fines, and some people might wind up going to jail, and may very well go out of business.

The rest of your post is in complete ignorance of history, establishment of regulations, and the advancement of first world economies.

There is no such thing as a free market economy, and it never has existed. You can prove me wrong by naming one successful free market economy. The U.S. is not one, and has been regulated from the beginning.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Exactly, have a 21st Century policy that works and is applicable in a 21st Century world!

link   
reply to post by neo96

The $15T in debt was created under Republican admins, often with control of one or both houses of congress.

That you want to claim different is proof of your delusion.

link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

There was no plan. Your citing a states rights issue. Workplace matters are reserved for the state by their exclusion from the U.S. Constitution.

Several states ban this sort of discrimination but several do not. Much in line with the intentions of the Founders if you live in one state where you don't like the law then you move to another state where you favor the laws in place.

Is it right for employers to dictate what you do off the clock that does not in any way relate to their business, reputation, production, or finances? No it is not. What you do outside of work is your own business. It is not, however, the business of the federal government to protect your rights to do so. It is the job of the individual states to decide if employers can engage in that sort of discrimination.

I also want to point out that in a free market system no company that controlled its workers off the clock time could ever stay in business. No one would work for them. Since we do not live in a free market we must rely on the states to protect what would not need protection in a free market.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Again I must remind you that before I discuss further posts or issues with you I am still waiting on you to show that you can engage in a point by point debate which conforms to all standard accepted practice.

Until that time I remind you that I am unwilling to contribute to you trolling your own thread.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

No I want Government to play as little of a role in my life as possible. I also want the power of the government to get weaker as it goes up the chain from City Council to State Senate to Federal Government. Thats what the Founders envisioned for our country.

I get the impression that what the Founders wanted, what I wanted, and what so many Americans want never will happen either. To many people think the government is somehow supposed to provide for them. Until people take personal responsibility for their own lives and well being we will never have the nation our Founders intended.

edit on 11-12-2011 by Dilligaf28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

This is exactly what corporations do to the American worker, since the regulation over American workers is stringent and rightfully so they go to places like India or China where there is far less regulation, proof the Deepwater Horizon Drill Rig that exploded and leaks millions of gallons of petrol into the Carribean Ocean was registered in The Marshall Islands who has no oil regulations and no laws regulating oil.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

What?

The current administration has spent more than the debt of all the previous ones combined get real.

www.usdebtclock.org...

Those are the numbers for anyone who bothers to even look

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Not only do you not follow the rules of debate, provide sources for your claims, provide logical reasons for your opinion, you also try changing the subject of the debate when you know you are loosing.

Like I said, cut and run. All you have done so far is make unsubstantiated claims, and attacked my technique, in order to avoid actual debate.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

How does Govt using is broadsword to regulate the financial industry negatively affect or hinder your freedom and liberty?

How does Govt being a broadsword in keeping meds and products safe for use and consumption a hinderance upon your freedom and liberty?

How does Govt keeping corporations in cheque a hinderance upon your freedom and liberty?

Explain your flawed logic!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Deficit spending peaked under the last budget of the GW admin, put in place before Obama took office, in response to the economic disaster created by Republican policies of deregulation.

It is like the whole party has gone insane.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The $15.1 Tril operating debt was only $10.2 Trillion when Obama took office so how did he rack up $15 Tril in debt that existed long before he was born? Current operating debt is $56.4 Trillion!

The 2008 reports!
www.usdebtclock.org...
Operating Debt - $15.1 Trillion, overall debt was $50.8 Trillion. Now who doubled the overall debt? One guess is not OBAMA!

The 2000 reports :
www.usdebtclock.org...
Operating Debt was $5.7 Trillion, overall debt was $27 Trillion

Lack of new revenue coming in is the direct cause of this mess!

In a couple of years though it's not going to matter because once we nationalize the Federal Reserve most of that any debt to them can be and will be wiped clean by an act of POTUS using the 16th Amendment to do so but the debt that would remain is the money owed to China or any other nation as that still requires payback!
edit on 11-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

As long as enormous corporations continue to exist, we will continue to have a large government, because, in spite of claiming they are for small government, free market advocates always create larger and larger governments, because in the end, they want a military police state.

Many of the founding fathers of the U.S. were for a strong federal government, including Madison.

www.archives.gov...

Madison was clearly the preeminent figure at the convention. Some of the delegates favored an authoritarian central government; others, retention of state sovereignty; and most occupied positions in the middle of the two extremes. Madison, who was rarely absent and whose Virginia Plan was in large part the basis of the Constitution, tirelessly advocated a strong government,

Personally, I would like to see a nation of farmers and cottage industry, where goods and services are produced and provided locally. With today's tech, most goods and services could be provided cheaply by small businesses, and taken off the centralized energy grid.

As long as commerce is centralized in big business, there will always be big government, so you might want to rethink you attitude about corporations.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

How does Govt using is broadsword to regulate the financial industry negatively affect or hinder your freedom and liberty?

How does Govt being a broadsword in keeping meds and products safe for use and consumption a hinderance upon your freedom and liberty?

How does Govt keeping corporations in cheque a hinderance upon your freedom and liberty?

Explain your flawed logic!

Because the Federal Govt never stops there....
Because the Federal Govt is corrupt.
Because the Federal Govt can't do anything without first taking from a citizen.
AND, because those things are not defined in the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Accusing me of engaging of the behaviors that you are clearly engaging on not only further erodes your position it also belittles yourself.

No one is looking at the post history between us and accusing me of doing the things you say I am doing. I am stating accepted fact. You are saying accepted fact is wrong. It is up to you to site why accepted fact is wrong. It is not up to me to further support accepted fact.

Until such time as you engage in behavior in line with the accepted standard of debate our discussion is on pause.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Way to prove that you have nothing substantial to bring to this convo but the old "The Federal Govt is corrupt" line that is older then dirt and does nothing for anyone as the corporations have made Govt corrupt. Rather blame the victim then the perp because it's easier to do instead of looking at who is behind this mess! Wow!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join