It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans continue on their quest to destroy everything the U.S. stands for.

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by macman

A two month extension?

What a joke.

You are clutching at straws.

So, it is still not good enough for you, I see.

It still was passed. The extension was the Grand Compromise as it sits currently.
Until 0bama vetoes it in 60 days to make himself look good for re-election.

Still, 1/3 is not in power. 2/3 or more is.

I think it cool that the GOP included the pipeline, looking out for the Global Oil Cartels
is good for America
Such honor, such patriotism...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

First off, Unions are being crushed by their own weight.
Secondly, I am not a Republican.
Third, the Holier then Thou attitude offered up in this thread and retorts rah-rahing it show this thought process to be true.
Both are bought and paid for.
While the GOP, in your world, champions Business, I guess the DNC champions the person. Yet, as the DNC gives to the person, they take from the business. Sounds like a mutual relationship both screwing the person in the end.

Forth, the old Firemen and Policemen and Teachers will be fired crap? Really?
Fifth, seems to be that the Ketchup thing falls under the rule of 0bama and company.
Sixth and last, Bush was not a Conservative. Get your crap straight before you try to dish it up.
Maybe others will buy that, but not here.

Best peddle it elsewhere.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

reply to post by macman

A two month extension?

What a joke.

It still was passed. The extension was the Grand Compromise as it sits currently.

I think it cool that the GOP included the pipeline, looking out for the Global Oil Cartels
is good for America

Gotta pay for all the 0bama handouts somehow.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

First off, Unions are being crushed by their own weight.
Secondly, I am not a Republican.
Third, the Holier then Thou attitude offered up in this thread and retorts rah-rahing it show this thought process to be true.
Both are bought and paid for.
While the GOP, in your world, champions Business, I guess the DNC champions the person. Yet, as the DNC gives to the person, they take from the business. Sounds like a mutual relationship both screwing the person in the end.

Forth, the old Firemen and Policemen and Teachers will be fired crap? Really?
Fifth, seems to be that the Ketchup thing falls under the rule of 0bama and company.
Sixth and last, Bush was not a Conservative. Get your crap straight before you try to dish it up.
Maybe others will buy that, but not here.

Best peddle it elsewhere.

Wait, so 62,000,000 Americans voted for Bush in 2004 and you are telling me it was the liberals
who went to the polls for him? George W was a REAL CONSERVATIVE, same as the vast majority
of the current GOP candidates, same policies and same lingo. W is what you get, as opposed
to what you SPEAK about... I can talk all kinds of magical talk, Disneyland and Strawberry Shortcake
over here, but in the end the rubber meets the road.

That rubber is using the government, all conservative elected to government become part of the
government. A little shocker for you noodles, when conservatives get elected, the government still
sits there same as it ever was. Conservatives use the government to grease the wheel of business
and to make wealth creation easier for the debt... I mean wealth creators, just like Rand and Reagan and Thatcher preached. W, was all do, less talk... I wonder what conservative are going to do when presented
with the choice of voting for all those Bush clones???

"they're liberals!"

be responsible! = Pass it of on the opposition

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

A two month extension?

What a joke.

is good for America

Don't worry, the GOP will make sure those Multinational corporations won't pay a dime.
And as a favor in return they will sink their money into the domestic Chinese auto market
and inflating the price of gas here in the US via the commodities market...

But of course, gotta focus on the horrid acts of the unemployed!

You proved my point in a million ways, good on ya mate!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Bush as is much of a Conservative as the 0bama is a Green 2 headed martian.
You really have no clue, do you.
Bush is/was a Progressive Republican, just like Newt.

There is no person running that represents Conservatives, for the President.
There are a couple scattered throughout the US in much lower office, but that is about it.
The closest to it will be Ron Paul. But, he is a Libertarian.
BIG difference.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

A two month extension?

What a joke.

is good for America

Don't worry, the GOP will make sure those Multinational corporations won't pay a dime.
And as a favor in return they will sink their money into the domestic Chinese auto market

How so?
The cost of taxes it passed to the consumer. It is called operational overhead. if a company wants to stay in business, then they increase the price of goods and/or decrease the salary of the people actual working, so they can pay more to the Govt so it can give to those not working.

Again, a mutual relationship.

But, it will be lost as you are blatantly pro anything 0bama does.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

There are a couple scattered throughout the US in much lower office, but that is about it.
BIG difference.

So are you telling me that those 62,000,000 Americans are going to stay home come
election night?

I find it pretty weak that some many of you ATSer and the the entire whole of Conservative
America vote for these alleged progressive Republicans. You do realize that there are more
self identified conservatives than liberals, yet you are telling me that there is a shortage of
conservative politicians, that's a gas...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

BIG difference.

So are you telling me that those 62,000,000 Americans are going to stay home come
election night?

I find it pretty weak that some many of you ATSer and the the entire whole of Conservative
America vote for these alleged progressive Republicans. You do realize that there are more
self identified conservatives than liberals, yet you are telling me that there is a shortage of

Well, be surprised I guess.
I don't vote for Progressives.
I find it weak that those like you and supporters of 0bama are afraid of wearing the Progressive/Liberal/Marxists badge that is awarded.

Being a RINO is not a Conservative.
Maybe the lack of elected officials that are true Conservatives shows that people who vote that way know BS, RINOs and Liberal crap when they see it.

But, given the choice between 0bama and even Newt, I would get drunk, hold my nose and vote Gingrich, as ANYTHING is better then 0bama. Hell, even Hillary is a better choice.

edit on 18-12-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

A two month extension?

What a joke.

is good for America

How so?
The cost of taxes it passed to the consumer. It is called operational overhead. if a company wants to stay in business, then they increase the price of goods and/or decrease the salary of the people actual working, so they can pay more to the Govt so it can give to those not working.

Again, a mutual relationship.

But, it will be lost as you are blatantly pro anything 0bama does.

What like approving the drilling CONSERVATIVES want?

www.ft.com...

Operational overhead does not extend to the gross pay, agents of corporations take home.
A corporation does not raise prices on consumers just because a billionaire board member
is paying 4 million more in taxes a year.

But, I guess you think it is smart to end unemployment, effectively reducing economic output
for the same companies you are worried about in the equation you brought up.

You do realize that if millions of Americans stop spending money that it will effect business
and initiate more layoffs?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

This is a blatant effort to undermine the U.S. government, in complete ignorance of the U.S. constitution. It is clear that the republicans in congress are doing everything in their power to prevent the U.S. government from doing what it is supposed to do, and that is protect the rights of U.S. citizens.

The Purpose of the U.S. Government, from the Declaration of Independence

www.archives.gov...

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Per the US Constitution

www.archives.gov...

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Ah, but republicans want to shrink our government to the size where they can drown it in the bath water. They don't want the government to do its job of protecting out liberties. The want to abolish the Department of Labor that protects the rights of workers, and now that there has been a Department of Consumer Protection Bureau, republicans do everything in their power to prevent the agency from protecting the rights of consumers.

thinkprogress.org...

Senate Republicans today filibustered the nomination of former Ohio Attorney General Richard Cordray to be the first director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. For months, the GOP has been insisting that it would not confirm any director for the Bureau until the Bureau’s structure is changed so as to weaken it significantly.

-

Senate Republicans have been raking in millions in donations from Wall Street banks as they’ve continued to block Cordray’s confirmation. In the meantime, the only agency meant explicitly to protect consumers from financial industry excess — and which already has extraordinary restraints placed upon it — isn’t allowed to get off the ground. (And, at the end of the day, doesn’t Hatch know that it’s the Congressional Budget Office that’s actually god on Capitol Hill?)

In the next year, a vote for a republican is a vote for International Corporate Bankers to control the U.S, and the world, where the U.S. people are expected to pay the cost of keeping the ICBers in power. How much more of our country and our economy must be destroyed before people wake up the the fact the the ICBs are out to destroy the U.S.A. They use our military to advance corporate interests around the globe, while refusing to protect our own borders. That people continue to support these crooks is beyond me.

The republicans are doing everything they can to turn control of the U.S. over to the ICBs.

When will people wake up to this reality?

Let me fill you in on a not so big secret. The Republicans and the Democrats sleep in the same bed. All smoke and mirrors. Both parties work toward the same goal. They just present themselves as divided to keep us "small people" at each others throats. An old Roman tactic that is still being used today. I was a member of the Republican party for years until I made the wise transition to becoming a proud Independent. Being solely supportive of one party and their ideology can screw your brain up. Believe me, Newt, Obama, etc, are all patting each other on the back behind closed doors and exchanging presents this year.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

BIG difference.

election night?

Well, be surprised I guess.
I don't vote for Progressives.
I find it weak that those like you and supporters of 0bama are afraid of wearing the Progressive/Liberal/Marxists badge that is awarded.

Being a RINO is not a Conservative.
Maybe the lack of elected officials that are true Conservatives shows that people who vote that way know BS, RINOs and Liberal crap when they see it.

But, given the choice between 0bama and even Newt, I would get drunk, hold my nose and vote Gingrich, as ANYTHING is better then 0bama. Hell, even Hillary is a better choice.

edit on 18-12-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

Sorry to say, being a RINO IS being CONSERVATIVE, Ronald Reagan was a RINO, NIXON was a RINO...

Such a copout...

True conservative, is a myth, it is like the perfect person, or communist utopia for that matter.

So, it is neat though, you will be manipulated into voting for a person who is being scrutinized
by conservatives, endorsed by conservatives, but one thing... They aren't conservatives?

That is pathetic Mac, sounds like you have more enemies in the conservative realm than you can handle.
That is how you vote for Bush TWICE???

edit on 18-12-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

It is clear that you have never run a business and are of the mindset that the owner not only owes all of society for their success, but also thinks that society gets to dictate what pay they draw as well.
The business was created to provide the owner a path to create wealth for themselves.
This clueless idea that chanting "well, they make SO much more money" does not lead to anything but showing your envy of those with.

And yes, if I own a company, and want to pay myself a certain amount, and the Govt taxes my business more, I offset in the way I see fit, not by your Marxist ideals and standards. I lay people off, take a cut in pay, increase the price for goods or a combination of any other things.

Oh, and the whole equating Unemployment to a positive to the economy? Did Pelosi write that response for you? Because Unemployment money comes from the Govt, and they gotta take it from someone.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Wow, how much weed did you smoke today?
You, a self proclaimed Marxist, gets to define what a RINO, Conservative or Republican is?
Now, that is funny.

I did not vote for either Bush.
Just like your logic, your assumption is wrong.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Yeah know. Rush is right.
Liberals, Marxists and so on will ALWAYS show who they fear the most.

YOU don't get to define who I am nor who I vote for.

The USSR called, they want their tired old Marxist crap back.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

It is clear that you have never run a business and are of the mindset that the owner not only owes all of society for their success, but also thinks that society gets to dictate what pay they draw as well.
The business was created to provide the owner a path to create wealth for themselves.
This clueless idea that chanting "well, they make SO much more money" does not lead to anything but showing your envy of those with.

And yes, if I own a company, and want to pay myself a certain amount, and the Govt taxes my business more, I offset in the way I see fit, not by your Marxist ideals and standards. I lay people off, take a cut in pay, increase the price for goods or a combination of any other things.

Oh, and the whole equating Unemployment to a positive to the economy? Did Pelosi write that response for you? Because Unemployment money comes from the Govt, and they gotta take it from someone.

Wou have an excuse for everything don't you? As long as it makes the richer rich right?

You guys have even created fairytales on how it works, trickle down and the rest of the myth,
although it doesn't work that well.

Oh yes, unemployment is a positive for sure
People love being damn near dirt poor and
at the whims of nature, everyone in the worlds strives to be unemployed
Americans are
lazy!

I see how it is, unless they are making the climate for you to get rich, then you start seeing
bald eagles, huh? Where does the money that funds business come from??? Gee, where
does the majority of your money go... couldn't be the banks... Such a communist world

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

You, a self proclaimed Marxist, gets to define what a RINO, Conservative or Republican is?
Now, that is funny.

If I am a Marxist, then I should be able to recognize my own kind, your lack of logic is funny.

News Flash, 62,000,000 of your mates voted for him, AFTER created the largest governmental
expansion in US history, your fellow Rush listeners, Fox and friends, all of you.

This commie says you guys all govern very similar to BUSH...

Can you refutiate that Reagan raised taxes more times than Obama?

Can you?

Tell me which of these mythical "conservative" presidents are you dreaming of?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Wou have an excuse for everything don't you? As long as it makes the richer rich right?

You guys have even created fairytales on how it works, trickle down and the rest of the myth,
although it doesn't work that well.

Oh yes, unemployment is a positive for sure
People love being damn near dirt poor and
at the whims of nature, everyone in the worlds strives to be unemployed
Americans are
lazy!

I see how it is, unless they are making the climate for you to get rich, then you start seeing
bald eagles, huh? Where does the money that funds business come from??? Gee, where
does the majority of your money go... couldn't be the banks... Such a communist world

Did some of the clueless rub off from Immaculated?

To pay for people not working, those working are floating the money to the Govt, so it can borrow it to give to those not working. Yep, that sounds great.

Can't wait till the economy gets even worse, even more people are out of jobs, and those with jobs will need to work harder to provide for themselves and the increasing amount out of work.
And I guess the opposite of trickle down, like the USSR, Cuba and so on are working or worked so well.

And again, business is there to create wealth for the owner.
The only time it is not, is in those fantastically successful places like USSR, Cuba and the rest.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Now, that is funny.

If I am a Marxist, then I should be able to recognize my own kind, your lack of logic is funny.

News Flash, 62,000,000 of your mates voted for him, AFTER created the largest governmental
expansion in US history, your fellow Rush listeners, Fox and friends, all of you.

This commie says you guys all govern very similar to BUSH...

Can you refutiate that Reagan raised taxes more times than Obama?

Can you?

Tell me which of these mythical "conservative" presidents are you dreaming of?

Ah, control the argument I see.

Here is the kicker, I didn't define you as such. Your screen name has it underneath.
I also don't live under the idea that I can define who you vote for. That is your choice.

And the whole Regan question? Go answer it yourself.
Never proclaimed my love of him. You assumed that.
Another failed assumption.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Correction, it is in your Location, not under your screen name.

edit on 18-12-2011 by macman because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join