It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans continue on their quest to destroy everything the U.S. stands for.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

You do need resources to start your own business.
You have to have the desire to work for nothing. You have to have the faith in yourself, before you can sell yourself. You have to have confidence in your product, before you put your product up for sale. You have to really want to provide a service for your customer, and you HAVE to. But, you KNOW that.

If none of this makes any sense to you, then go to work for someone else because you will never make it working for yourself.

Most of the labor union crowd don't have a clue. They think the U.S. northeast, labor union country, is going to hell in a hand basket because of Republicans...What a friggin' joke. Sure, there are Republicans that are to blame, and there are just as many Democrats to blame. If you like, we can discuss the real causes of disintegration of workplace values in the U.S. It is complicated, but understandable. If you cannot understand the roots of the problems we as a people face in this country?

Well, you should not even consider going into business for yourself. It is the toughest thing you will EVER do.
Trust me.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
reply to post by poet1b

Republicans can't run on there record, red states have the worst education, poverty, income, roads and bridges, unemployment, crime, incarceration rate, executions and a host of other issues.

Yet people continue to vote for them, its amazing really.

WOW, isnt this the truth! I used to live in upstate NY and then moved down to Texas where I lived several years. WHAT A DIFFERENCE between the Red and [color=cyan]Blue states!

Having been to both worlds, I just find it asinine at best how there is a Texas and Southern pride thing going on down there!

The education STINKS. Schools give students the exam answers the day before so that they pass them. You graduate knowing nothing other than how to memorize A, B, C, or D multiple choice answers.

The poverty is DREADFUL!! Never in 40 years of living in NY have I seen so many homeless folks as I seen in my first week in Texas!
NY, the Blue state wins HANDS DOWN.

Quality of life is POOR in the red states. Crack-heads in the ghettos of NYC and north Jersey live MUCH better than the average working family in Texas. The average working family in the South works two jobs each and BARELY pay the electric bill every month. There is NO middle class down there, and the folks work THREE TIMES HARDER than folks in the north!! Slaves down there with no middle-class really. NY, the Blue state wins HANDS DOWN.

Income is LOW, and the labor is HARD in the Red states. No real workers rights and healthcare is EXPENSIVE and the coverage is MEDIOCRE at best!! I guess living so close to Mexico means you are expected to work like a Mexican and expect no decent benefits or perks whatsoever. NY, the Blue state wins HANDS DOWN.

Roads in Texas and the south have potholes the size of large watermelons after just a single down-pore of rain. You will literally wait over a month for them to fix them. In NY, the road crews drive around eagerly looking for potholes to fill every hour of their shift. NY, the Blue state wins HANDS DOWN.

Unemployment is somewhat not that bad, but its because of MUCH lower wages, benefits, and workers rights in the Red states. NY, the Blue state wins HANDS DOWN.

And the south likes to put folks in jail for anything while they let anyone who is wealthy or important get away with murder. It happens up north once in a while, but in Texas and the south, you can get away with anything if you are wealthy or prominent. NY, the Blue state wins HANDS DOWN.

Glad I moved out of the south. The Red states are HELL!! And the poor fools down there are so completely brain-washed into thinking that anyone other than Republicans are the anti-christ.
I am being SERIOUS here. Ignorant brainwashed people, stubborn as mules.

Red states are hell. Take it from someone who has BEEN to BOTH!! I can literally write an entire BOOK on the differences between the Red states and the Blue states describing how HELLISH Red states really are for common decent working folks. Its really that bad.

They can SHOVE that Southern pride where the sun dont shine!!

edit on 10-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Your vigor is appreciated, young buck, however when you rise above the divisive facade, you will come to know they are ALL cut from the same mold (save Ron Paul).

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

I am from the south.

I can also think of a fine place to put my Southern Pride.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

The problem is that the Constitution is not a holy document. Even the founders knew that.

Limited government might have worked during the time they were around but it will not work in this day and age.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

The founders created a living document that can be changed to reflect changing times. They just made it really difficult to do so that whim and fad did not take control of our government. They also made it hard to do so that they could be sure the change was really wanted.

Amendments are that mechanism btw.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Did you ever go to high school? If so, must have been in a red state.

If you can't find anything in the constitution to back up your ridiculous claims, then you should stop making a fool of yourself.

You claim the founders of the U.S. created government to defend people from government. That doesn't even make sense.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

reply to post by poet1b

Republicans can't run on there record, red states have the worst education, poverty, income, roads and bridges, unemployment, crime, incarceration rate, executions and a host of other issues.

WOW, isnt this the truth! I used to live in upstate NY and then moved down to Texas where I lived several years. WHAT A DIFFERENCE between the Red and [color=cyan]Blue states!

Having been to both worlds, I just find it asinine at best how there is a Texas and Southern pride thing going on down there!

I find it astounding that you find taking pride in your community asinine.

The education STINKS. Schools give students the exam answers the day before so that they pass them. You graduate knowing nothing other than how to memorize A, B, C, or D multiple choice answers.

Proof? This never happened when I was in school.

The poverty is DREADFUL!! Never in 40 years of living in NY have I seen so many homeless folks as I seen in my first week in Texas!
NY, the Blue state wins HANDS DOWN.

You honestly expect us to believe that Texas has more homeless people than NYC? Proof please.

Quality of life is POOR in the red states. Crack-heads in the ghettos of NYC and north Jersey live MUCH better than the average working family in Texas. The average working family in the South works two jobs each and BARELY pay the electric bill every month. There is NO middle class down there, and the folks work THREE TIMES HARDER than folks in the north!! Slaves down there with no middle-class really. NY, the Blue state wins HANDS DOWN.

The reason that Southerners work two jobs is that they refuse to take handouts from Welfare and the Government. Crack heads in the ghetto just can't wait "to get that check". I guess if you feel that just throwing money at a problem will solve it than a Blue state is the place for you. Since you feel this way and do not think that people should work to better themselves your better off not in a red state.

Income is LOW, and the labor is HARD in the Red states. No real workers rights and healthcare is EXPENSIVE and the coverage is MEDIOCRE at best!! I guess living so close to Mexico means you are expected to work like a Mexican and expect no decent benefits or perks whatsoever. NY, the Blue state wins HANDS DOWN.

Wow. Generalities, stereotyping, and telling outright lies. I'm bringing to get a clearer and clearer impression of you.

Roads in Texas and the south have potholes the size of large watermelons after just a single down-pore of rain. You will literally wait over a month for them to fix them. In NY, the road crews drive around eagerly looking for potholes to fill every hour of their shift. NY, the Blue state wins HANDS DOWN.

Texas probably didn't have it in the budget to fix the hole that day so instead of going into debt or raising taxes they waited till they had the money. I wonder how much better off we'd be if the Federal Government waited until it had the money for a project rather than going into debt for it.

Unemployment is somewhat not that bad, but its because of MUCH lower wages, benefits, and workers rights in the Red states. NY, the Blue state wins HANDS DOWN.

You keep talking about wages but aren't saying anything about the dramatically higher costs of living in "blue" states than in "red" states.

And the south likes to put folks in jail for anything while they let anyone who is wealthy or important get away with murder. It happens up north once in a while, but in Texas and the south, you can get away with anything if you are wealthy or prominent. NY, the Blue state wins HANDS DOWN.

Isn't California a Blue state? Isn't that also where OJ murdered two people and bought his way out of it?

Glad I moved out of the south. The Red states are HELL!! And the poor fools down there are so completely brain-washed into thinking that anyone other than Republicans are the anti-christ.
I am being SERIOUS here. Ignorant brainwashed people, stubborn as mules.

I am glad you moved out of the south. You seem to be a baselessly condescending, holier than though, self righteous, lazy, entitlement granting, intellectually lacking person and we are better off without you here!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Can someone please explain to this person that the Constitution is indeed in place to protect the Citizens from the Government. He will not listen to me as he is so determined to be right that he will make such completely uneducated and foolish statements like the one I am replying to.

God help this country if more people start to think the way the OP does.

I will try:

When the colonies broke away and declared themselves independent they wanted to create a government of by and for the people. They wanted this government to have a clear and easily understood power structure that limited the power of Government in their lives. This was done to insure that the insults suffered by the colonists at the hands of the British Monarchy could not occur under the new form of Government brought about by the Constitution.

The Constitution limits government and protects you from it. This is what is fact. You have an opinion that is simply not true. I challenge you to prove me and all of American history scholars wrong. No more deflective questions, no more insults; just show me where you get your thought process and why all of Academia is wrong and you are right.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Dilligaf28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

To run any business, you have to follow certain rules, and even republicans support a great many of these rules.

Your business has to be in a business area, you have to pay taxes, you can't poison the air or water, meet certain product quality standards, not commit fraud, buy insurance, the list goes on and on, and if you employ people, it has to be under reasonable conditions.

People who work have rights to be protect, not only of their health and safety, but of their reputations as well. All employment contracts should require both parties to meet certain expectations. If you can't meet these conditions, then you shouldn't be in business.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

All you have to do is point out the parts of the constitution that support your claims.

Demonstrate that you have some level of knowledge, and stop making yourself look foolish.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

If you bothered to look at the voting records of the two parties, it completely clear that they are one and the same.

You just have to actually pay attention,

link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f3da461bb2b.jpg[/atsimg]

link   
reply to post by poet1b

You don't seem to understand that you are making yourself look foolish. The entire Constitution is there to provide the framework a limited government. You seem to think that it is my responsibility to somehow prove to you that the Constitution is this when its is common knowledge. Since you feel that the common knowledge is wrong it is up to you to prove that.

You cannot say "no the sky is green and now prove its blue". If you think something that is outlandishly different it is up to you to defend your statements.

This is the way discourse and debate works. The accepted does not have to prove the notions of the conjectured. Those that wish to put forth conjecture which is contradiction to actuality must defend that conjecture.

It is up to you. Prove your viewpoint that the Constitution doesn't provide a framework for limited Government designed to protect the citizenry from that government.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

In other words, the constitution means what you say it means, not what it actually says

Pathetic.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28

I will accept your challenge only if you accept mine. Show me a country whose marketplace is heavily regulated but is still extremely successful and not falling apart at the seams.

Do you accept?

Yes, I do, only if you provide the answer after I give you my attempt

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Your behavior is border line trolling.

The Constitution is designed to protect the citizenry from a power hungry government. Look at the Bill of Rights. It outlines that the Government cannot silence you, that they cannot take away your guys, they cannot take away your home, they cannot force you to quarter solders (without due process); all of this is there to protect you from your government.

What do you see in the Constitution that leads you to believe it was not created to provide a framework for a limited government?

Your replies keeping getting shorter and shorter but still are not on topic. I want to show you what its like for me to be having this conversation with you and how others are perceiving your statements.

In this video (click here) I will be portrayed by the human and you will be portrayed by the donkey.

ps
Trolling your own thread is what is pathetic.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Dilligaf28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

reply to post by poet1b

You're making stuff up.

The most liberal cities in the U.S. are Detroit, Gary, D.C., Berkeley and other crapholes.

The most conservative cities in the U.S. are Provo, Lubbock, Colorado Springs and other paradises.

Statistical Factsheet

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

When shall we begin? I'd rather not start working on this until at least Monday. I have a rather busy Sunday filled with stringing lights and decorating.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Good luck with that, if Gingrich is the best the repubs can do, then you got about a 0% chance.

The republicans in congress have the lowest rating in congressional history.

The Republicans have no morality, not a shred of decency among their entire congressional representation.

Why anyone wants our country to belong to the ICBs is beyond me.

edit on 10-12-2011 by poet1b because: typo

My dog could run and win against Obama in 2012. The man is CLEARLY incompetent and in over his head.

And he better hope Hillary doesn't decide to run for the nomination, because he will be on the first flight back to Chicago to 'organize communities'. Whatever the hell that is.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Darkrunner because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join