It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans continue on their quest to destroy everything the U.S. stands for.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by mastahunta

I don't keep that stuff in my handy reference file or active memory.

IIRC, the newspaper publishers did a study of the Florida vote that resulted in the Bush Presidency. The DEM's voter fraud was AT LEAST DOUBLE the GOP's.

DEM New York Registered voters voting also in Florida outnumbered GOP such more than 2 to 1.

etc. etc. etc.

This ATS, sources???

I can tell you the sky is red 24 hours a day, doesn't make it fact...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by macman

The only reason for the spending blitz is because the Tax breaks for the rich, subsidies to big oil and for corporations who send jobs overseas, end all 3 and a trillion plus a year will be added back into the nation not requiring us to loan a cent, but ending tax breaks stifles the "Job Creators" according to you which is flawed!

Um, no.
The reason for the spending blitz is so the Govt can continue to hand out crap to people, nation build and stay in power.
There is no accountability for the Federal Govt. To suggest that there is, is pure unadulterated blind allegiance to 0bama and Company and big Govt.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by macman

Nope, read try reading my post again.

Then you might begin to understand.

Just re-read it, you stated it is doing a good job, except when Corp come into play.

No, they fail at every turn when their hands are in the cookie jar.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

The reason jobs go overseas is because of trade agreements that serve the interests of the ICBs, and work against the U.S. public.

The problem, however, is much deeper than that.

That Bankers are given free reign, they artificially raise price by debt creation, which puts U.S. workers at a disadvantage.

An even bigger problem is that we produce more than we can consume, so we have a disposable society of planned obsolescence. The Europeans are dealing with the problem through job sharing.,

No again,.
Jobs go overseas due to rising US regulation and costs to operate.
To restrict Companies is isolationism and protectionism.
It does not work.
There is a reason why US West/Qwest/Century Link has such a high churn rate of customers leaving.
Their costs are $300-400 more a month then the non-union competitors. They are loosing business.
They can't move operations out of the US, except customer service reps and maybe some support roles. So, they continue to let people go, try to cut operating costs and keep their service fee high.
That's whats happening.
As Govt costs and fees go up, Union demand more for all the workers, the company either has to slit it's own throat or cut it's wrists to save.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

reply to post by e11888

Yeah, like Obama really runs the military, and is directly giving hit orders.

Seriously, who do you think you are fooling.

If you were calling for the heads of all the military brass who supported this, you would have a moral leg to stand on, but you aren't. You asking for Obama's head, when the only thing he did, was give the nod to military people to do what they think is best.

Outside the declaration of war, yes, yes he does.
"Commander in Chief" ring any bells???

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

reply to post by mastahunta

After 10 to 14 years of rampant white collar crime, everyone should be concerned that along straight party lines, the repubs are doing everything they can to prevent the Obama admin from going after the crooks.

Obama and his friends (And some Republicans) are the crooks.
THE CROOKS are in the GOVERNMENT.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Yeah sure, only people in government can be crooks.

Corporate CEOs are all saints who could do no wrong.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

Yeah sure, only people in government can be crooks.

Corporate CEOs are all saints who could do no wrong.

Never said that.
There are more crooks in Govt then in Business.
The Govt controls more.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Instead of sitting around idly by waiting for God to save you how about you save yourself. Complacency is no excuse for doing nothing!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

It's the opposite. The State is always a tool of the Ruling Class.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Yeah, lets go back over this.

My post you quoted.

The U.S. Government, and our constitution, and core beliefs is what makes the U.S. successful. The U.S. Government has done an effective job of regulating our economy on a fairly consistent basis, the exception being when people foolishly choose to give giant corporations unlimited power.

That is the same successful formula for all first world nations.

Meanwhile the third world nations are ruled over by giant corporations and the super rich.

Your first response.

Wait.
Did you just state that the Federal Govt, the same that brought us TARPs, Bailouts, Federal Reserve, No Gold Standard, 15T Budget/Debt and everything else is doing a great job of regulating?

I am sorry, but what is the punch line???
There has gotta be a punch line.

My response to this was that you aren't reading what I have written, and I still say this is true.

Then you respond again,

Just re-read it, you stated it is doing a good job, except when Corp come into play.

No, they fail at every turn when their hands are in the cookie jar.

So what are you saying here?

The U.S. Government can not succeed, and is an abject failure? Cause this sounds to me like what you are saying.

Did you bother to read the op?

While the democrats have their problems, at this point in time, the republicans are by far the bigger crooks, but the crooks on Wall Street who finance the republicans in congress are even bigger crooks.

If, after the last decade you don't see this, IMO, either you don't want to face the truth, or you are just a programmed zombie incapable of independent thought. All your post indicate to me that it is one or the other,

The third option could be that you see the truth, that what I am saying on this thread is true, but emotionally, you still can't deal with the reality that your beliefs in the free market, that have been core principles in your life, are wrong.

While Obama has his problems, things that repubs/RP supporters complain about Obama, are things that the repubs in congress support, war and all that.

Meanwhile, republicans are blocking all efforts to bring Wall Street Criminals to justice.

You should ask yourself if you believe that Wall Street criminals should be brought to justice, because from your posts, it seems that you want to pretend that Wall Street has done no wrong.

edit on 12-12-2011 by poet1b because: add an 'is'

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Lets trace the history of the people leading the free market movement, the Bush family and their cohorts among the wealthy elites.

This group lead most recently by the Bush family financed Hitler to crush the Unions in Germany. Hitler than allied with Stalin, the most ruthless leader of the Communists.

There is the direct link between those who preach about free markets, and communism.

The two ideologies are essentially one and the same.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

That is exactly what you are saying, to turn over all the power to corporations while declawing and severely restricting Govt to be a "rubber stamper" for whatever the corporations want and do not try and dare backpeddle out of it.

Do this and your job can fire you for asking for an hour off. Imagine working 6 days a week. 14 hours a day, no restroom or food breaks, no nothing, no health insurance, work in cramped and locked rooms, no rights. All for $3 an hour!
edit on 12-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

My response is simple.
The Fed has and always will do a poor job of regulating the Economy.
They can't even balance their own finances.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It's simple both sides and All government agencies are best at being inept or useless unless it involves something they want or need.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by macman

That is exactly what you are saying, to turn over all the power to corporations while declawing and severely restricting Govt to be a "rubber stamper" for whatever the corporations want and do not try and dare backpeddle out of it.

Do this and your job can fire you for asking for an hour off. Imagine working 6 days a week. 14 hours a day, no restroom or food breaks, no nothing, no health insurance, work in cramped and locked rooms, no rights. All for $3 an hour!
edit on 12-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

Yep
, I expect nothing less from you. A response establishing the absurd and ridiculous.
"Well, all you want is no Govt. And then the Corps will own you".
I guess that is better then the Govt owning you instead.
You always present the argument for more Govt control, trading one liberty after another, so you feel safe and secure.
Being scared is no way to go through life.
The Govt can't provide you with every whim and want.
The Govt truly can't protect you, because signs, rules and fences won't stop real life.

And again, for like the millionth time, I am not for all Govt to go away. For all your self proclaimed intelligence, you sure don't understand that your retort is based in Anarchy.

I want limited FEDERAL Govt. As defined in the documents that have been discussed.
The way it was designed to function.

Maybe stick with your cars.

edit on 12-12-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Yeah, if you think that regulated economies don't work, then you are completely ignorant of both history and economics.

The regulated economies are the first world economies, and the deregulated economies are the third world economies.

When the U.S. fed gov does its job or making business follow the laws that prevent corruption (regulations), the U.S. economy performs far better, 1960ties, 1990ties, when the U.S. government does not enforce the laws against crooked business practices, the U.S. economy does poorly, 1980ties, the last decade.

What you are saying it that you are fine with white collar crime.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Why do you insist that someone must own you?

That is some slave mentality you got going.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

Yeah, if you think that regulated economies don't work, then you are completely ignorant of both history and economics.

The regulated economies are the first world economies, and the deregulated economies are the third world economies.

When the U.S. fed gov does its job or making business follow the laws that prevent corruption (regulations), the U.S. economy performs far better, 1960ties, 1990ties, when the U.S. government does not enforce the laws against crooked business practices, the U.S. economy does poorly, 1980ties, the last decade.

What you are saying it that you are fine with white collar crime.

What you stated was the Federal Govt has been doing a good job.
The fact is no, they have not.
How could they, there is no accountability, they right the laws governing themselves and want more and more control.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

Why do you insist that someone must own you?

That is some slave mentality you got going.

I don't want either.
But, what the genius Immaculated suggests is that instead of his professed crap that Corps own you, the Govt owns you instead.
Again, I want neither. But given the choice, I guess the Corp is the lesser of 2 evils.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join