It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coexistance: Is uninty for all religions possible? Can differences be set aside?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

No, I relegate Jesus Christ as being GOD....literally. He came as a Lamb the first time......which was to be sacrificed. He will come as a Lion the second time...which is world known as a King. Are we reading the same Bible here bud? cause you don't seem to be following me on even the simplest doctrines

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Are we reading the same Bible here bud?

Yes but I notice you not quoting any verses so there is no evidence that what you say is based on the Bible.
There is nothing in Jesus' words about coming as a lion.
In the OT there is the prophecy of lions but they are the ones who tear up Judah. Your eschatology has no coherency to it at all, being contradictory. What is this return of Jesus business? It does not even fit into the rest of your scheme. Jesus never returns according to your description. Jesus comes in proximity and then a bunch of people are picked up and then he leaves with them. What does that have to do with anything? So there is no return and the world is left to its own devices while the raptured people are just gone, and nowhere in particular, in some sort of limbo. So what you want is people to believe your version so they can have a hellish existence, which they could have anyway by not believing anything and spending eternity in Hades.
Might as well just have lobotomies or become zombies. Just as long as you go away so the Jews can rule as kings over enough people who survive Armageddon to serve as slaves to the rulers who can live a life of ease.

edit on 15-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

If you knew the Bible, you would know what I am talking about without me having to post verses. I now know you are not familiar with the Bible so I will take baby steps with you. Sometimes I forget that people don't have a good understanding of the Bible. I apologize if you got confused.

By the way, I'm not going to post the verses, I don't really care if you believe me or not. The scriptures will be fulfilled regardless of your beliefs (or mine!!).

But answer me this: Do you truly believe Jesus Christ isn't coming back to rules as King Jew in Jerusalem with a rod of iron? For perspective, there are about 40 prophecies in the Old Testament foretelling Christs first coming where He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, laid His life down as a sacrifice and died, and rose from the dead. There are over 500 prophecies in the Old Testament foretelling Christs second coming where He kills a WHOLE bunch of people and rules as King for 1000 years. DO you not know this? This is VERY simple basic doctrine

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Jesus came into his kingdom after his ascension into Heaven where one of his first acts was to use the Romans, who had troops in their army from all the kingdoms of the known world, converge on Jerusalem to destroy it, as an act of Judgment, the rod of iron being the might of that force against it.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So hypothetical situation... few years down the road we see our diminishing resource myth resolved, Jerusalem is no longer fought after because the world is tired of fighting a religious war, and religious extremist become more a joke then taken seriously. (I know its a longshot, but this is hypothetical)

If we somehow survived to a point where there was no longer any reason to fight...

Would we still be arguing over who's religion is right or wrong?

Would christians/muslims still be waiting for jesus/mohamed even after we've fixed all of our problems?

If so, what purpose would it hold? Is heaven necessary after unity of man Is acheived?

Don't say its to see/spent time with god...anything you look at is seeing god, our entire lives are spent trying to know the creator. We don't need heaven for that.

If your goal is to exist for eternity with all your friends and family then you must admit that even your own doctrines state not everyone is going to make it, so say bye to most your family and friends right from the start.

For the first time in human existance we have the means to make all our problems go away, but it is these very arguments we've seen in the last few posts that stops this from happening!

Those of you who have ever received communion know the purpose of doing such is to take a part of christ into your own body, making your body and christs body one in the same. This means christ has been part of man since the begining. There is no need for him to return because he is eternally embeded in our own flesh and blood.

It is that very book that states we are all part of christ, all part of the creator...space stuff arguing over who's the better space stuff!

Those followers of christ, jesus didn't spend his time on earth telling everyone "oh no your wrong, my daddys going to come and punish you!"...he got off his butt and actively tried to make the world a better place even up to the moment of his death. Would that not also be his follower's goal as well.

Me personally, id much rather see unity among man now then spend another 2000 years arguing over who's right...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

...he got off his butt and actively tried to make the world a better place even up to the moment of his death. Would that not also be his follower's goal as well.
Hate, or Love.
This is how you know them, if they are followers of Christ, because of their love.
Hate could be wanting all the people you don't approve of to be burnt up or otherwise destroyed, while you are safely removed from harm's way on account of your self-approval.
Kind of a weird delusion and one I think we were warned about.
I agree with what you said that we should be found working and not relaxing thinking about how nothing matters and God wants all those people dead anyway so why bother doing anything for anyone else?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I have faith it will happen...I just hope sooner than later. It be nice to say to our childeren we left this world better than how we entered it...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join