It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coexistance: Is uninty for all religions possible? Can differences be set aside?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Its not the books that say to hate, its specific indivuals interperatations/misrepresetations being presented that way to the masses. I think the lessons to be found in each will eventually take precident, but the ego is hard to triumph over...especially when its regarding things someones taught from the moment they enter this world.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
No, not possible. You would have to ignore parts of each religion's dogmas and teaching to unite them all together.

How so? We are already currently carrying on this discussion and it has not compromised anyones religious teachings. You have your faith, I have mine...and in the end we're still walking away from this conversation with our faiths intact. It hasn't changed your faith by having an open discussion, why should it be any different if we were praying together?

edit on 11-12-2011 by mutatismutandis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by mutatismutandis

So is it possible for differences to be set aside so we as the human race can come together once again.
I don't know what you mean by "set aside".
I think people should set aside hatred but I see no good purpose to setting aside anything about our version of religion in order to get along, unless part of your religion is to hate anyone not belonging to your particular religion.
You know like being Muslim (and other religions too) and hating "idolaters".
I think if people want to be idolaters that's their business as long as they are not performing human sacrifice or something horrible like that.
edit on 10-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Then you are definately no christian and you definately do not serve God in any form, shape, function or fashion wether muslim, jew or christian because that is the one thing that is expressly forbidden for any of us to do.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by maung

The last, if we dont want to understand, why cant we at least learn from bunch of gambler in roulette gambling. They all have a different believe and choice, put some faith on it from small faith into big and full faith. And they are just waiting till the dice stop rolling. While they are waiting, they are not fighting or arguing about what other has choose, and what the reason and evidence. They are just enjoy the game with many emotions.
Life is a simple thing, but we as human made it complicated and we are now in a time when we forgot what we need and who we are.

That was just so great I though it needed its own post!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I'll post just one comment:

I do not want to coexist with other religions. Why would I? Have you studied what religions out there teach?!??! wake up kid.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutatismutandis

So members here:
Will there be a day when an athiest prays in a jewish temple? When a muslim meditates in a buddist monistary? When all faiths make the journey to mecca just to say they did so with their fellow man? When christians stop forcing christs message and start living the principles for themselves? Can we celebrate our existance together with religious differences asside?

There is a war between all the religions because they are all really paganized versions of a part of the
truth. They as practiced particularly in the west ,are based on the idea that someone, can Magically save
you through mere belief and that is paganism. They are cults of the Ego Self. And the Ego Self is
what must be abandoned and transcended to know the Divine. Very few people are interested in that.

Adi Da:
www.beezone.com...

Rightly used, religion is something like a “picture book” for leading people to mature human understanding. However, if religion is not used in that manner, it becomes a “something” in and of itself. In that case, religion becomes false cultism, in one form or another—shoring up its own imagery, and reinforcing its “authority” and control over people within the domain of institutionalized lies. In the form of such ego-based cultism, religion does terrible harm to everyone. The global human situation has now become a terrible collective calamity, a global tragedy with ego-based religion at its roots—and such ego-based religion is utterly false.

True religion is simply a Call to the Divine Condition That Is Reality Itself. That is What true religion is about. That is What true religion is for. And That is the Only Truth in true religion. Indeed, the Divine Condition That Is Reality Itself is the Only Truth in life altogether. Everything else is mummery, everything else is false. The Divine is not false. However, human beings are, by tendency, false—and, therefore, they must be served to be rightened. If the word “religion” is to be used at all, that process of rightening is the purpose of true religion. True religion turns people from separate self (or egoity, or the habit of “Narcissus”, and the life of mere ideas) to Reality Itself, through a process of Real transcending of egoity and comprehensive rightening of life. If religion does not do that, then it is merely part of the unspeakable self-deludedness of humankind, with its terrible present-time and potential results.

In this sense, I am not in the slightest “religious”. I do not “believe” anything. The Prior renunciation (or inherent transcending) of all mere belief is the basis on which I have always lived—and the basis on which I have Done all of My Divine Avataric Work. There are no mere ideas that must—or even should—be accepted absolutely. Indeed, there are no mere ideas that are acceptable As Truth. Therefore, nobody in this world has the right or calling to absolutely affirm the verity of anything for which they do not have absolute evidence—and there is not anything that Is Truth (or Really Absolute), except for That Which Is Self-Evident As Reality Itself.

Look at all the affirming of religious doctrine in the world—always affirming mere ideas, and imperfect evidence, and even human lies and inventions to be absolute Truth! Where is the evidence that justifies making such absolute affirmations? I am not speaking of any religion in particular. All religions are filled with such absolute affirmations—and such absolute affirmations are complete nonsense. People do not make these affirmations because they actually know them to Be Truth, or even because they have proven them to be (in the conventional sense) true—nor is it the case that these affirmations are referring to Self-Evident Reality Itself.

Truth cannot be proven. Truth is not in doubt. Therefore, neither can Truth be disproven. Reality cannot be disproven—nor can Reality be proven. Reality is Intrinsically and tacitly Self-Evident. People constantly make grandiose affirmations about religion—but, in doing so, they are merely playing power-games and mumming on one another. They make absurd affirmations that something is absolutely so, and they commit their entire lives to it—but it is absolute nonsense. They do not know, with the certainty born of real “testing and proving”, that what they affirm is true. And if you do not know something is absolutely true, absolute affirmation of it is not appropriate. The same is true for any other kind of presumed knowledge—not only religious beliefs.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by jmdewey60

So is it possible for differences to be set aside so we as the human race can come together once again.
I don't know what you mean by "set aside".
I think people should set aside hatred but I see no good purpose to setting aside anything about our version of religion in order to get along, unless part of your religion is to hate anyone not belonging to your particular religion.
You know like being Muslim (and other religions too) and hating "idolaters".
I think if people want to be idolaters that's their business as long as they are not performing human sacrifice or something horrible like that.
edit on 10-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Then you are definately no christian and you definately do not serve God in any form, shape, function or fashion wether muslim, jew or christian because that is the one thing that is expressly forbidden for any of us to do.

The EGO IS THE IDOL of Christians,Muslims,and Jews.
The Western view of religion is Man is Separate from God and that makes
Man an Idol of Separation.
HOWEVER, that is not what Jesus actually taught. Jesus said those
who cling to life shall lose their life but those who lose their life in Him
shall have eternal Life.
The death of the Ego is at the heart of all True Religions;Christianity,
Buddhism and Hinduism, and Daism. Few people are interested in
that Truth.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

You make a great point. What we are both talking about here is called Extremism.
Christianity, and Islam both have this effect. This is why both are on a terrorist watch list. Some take religion personally, and are at peace with it, and it pleases them to have it. Some take it to a dark place. It is the same with Wiccans, I have seen more than a few, after a successful spell casting, take that power right down into the dark, and in doing so they lose everything they have worked for.
I myself lose a wife, a property, and over $25,000 over a spell that went bad.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

If youre a christian you shouldn't even have an "ego". Ego is pride. We serve because we love our King. There can be no humility or humbleness in pride. I am not even proud to be an american. I do not even care about any of that. Individual rights are a concept brought on by Satan...his dirty little secret, the cult of humanism. Our ways are not to be the ways of the world, but the ways of Christ. We are to die to the world so that we can live in him. Your "human" rights are a concept of Satan. Your "Bill of Rights" are also a concept of Satan. The only true freedom is through Jesus the Christ. We are all just dust an ash, an eyeblink in eternity.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

You cannot reconcile pantheism with an abrahamic God.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

I'll post just one comment:

I do not want to coexist with other religions. Why would I? Have you studied what religions out there teach?!??! wake up kid.

I have studied my entire life time what religions teach, which is what has brought me to this conversation in the first place. I can assure you there is no greater feeling than to have crawled through misinformation and falsehoods to still have your faith intact. You should try what you preach, you might be pleasantly suprised, and maybe even wake up a little yourself. Ill give you a little hint, once you get past the names its all the same message. The fact that you have even chose to post in this thread shows you take your faith seriously, so would you not want to be 100% certain what your putting your faith in is the truth? The only way to do so is to look beyond your own beliefs...it won't hurt, I promise

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
My Christian beliefs emphasize evangelizing, but I am willing to leave be persons who don't want to hear the message. I certainly do not advocate violence on religious grounds.

what do we do about Marxists/Communists who not only advocate atheism, but outlaw and repression religion?
edit on 13-12-2011 by works4dhs because: add insightful line

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

The fact that you have even chose to post in this thread shows you take your faith seriously, so would you not want to be 100% certain what your putting your faith in is the truth?

John 18:38
"Pilate saith unto him, WHAT IS TRUTH? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all."

John14:6
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

I am 100% certain of my faith. Are you?

The only way to do so is to look beyond your own beliefs...it won't hurt, I promise

These are not my own beliefs. The above verse (John 14:6) is pure FACT, right from the mouth of God.
Once again I say, I have truly studied other religions...and they are sick. I DO NOT want to co-exist with any other religion. I would rather die.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

. . . I have truly studied other religions...and they are sick.
So what is Zionism, a secular belief?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Zionism is not a belief....its a fact. Now granted, Jews right now are no better than me or you, and the bankers and wicked people that own Hollywood will soon die in the tribulation....but one day, right after the tribulation, the Jews will be Kings of the Earth. Deal with it.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

That doesn't make any sense.
What is the purpose of the rapture if the word just continues on as normal?
And what is this fact that is beyond just a belief?
Everything I have seen to support it are lies.
The modern state of Israel was founded by secular, communist, racists.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

That doesn't make any sense.
What is the purpose of the rapture if the world just continues on as normal?

The purpose of the rapture is for the virgin damsel (the Church), who is held captive by the wicked villain (the Devil) in his stronghold (The Earth), to be rescued by her Prince charming (Jesus Christ) and to live happily ever after (eternity). The End! Nice story huh? Almost all Hollywood and Aesop tales are stolen from the Bible.
In other words, the tribulation is NOT for God's church, its for the JEWS! The whole purpose of the tribulation is to cause "Jacob trouble" and kill gentiles off. This is why educated people and the majority of people on earth hate God. The Illuminati and "scholars" hate God because God plans on carrying out their plan of mass De-population on them, the same way they want to carry it out on Christians and other undesirables.
Don't you know? In order for Jews to rule the planet......a lot of gentiles need to be deposed of....which is Zionism. I have over 500 verse to back me up if you dare to ask for more.

And what is this fact that is beyond just a belief?
Everything I have seen to support it are lies.
The modern state of Israel was founded by secular, communist, racists.
For the last time, I agree with your above statement (mostly). BUT, in order for the tribulation to begin, the antichrist must sign a 7 year peace treaty with them.....and in order for a peace treaty to be signed with someone...they must be part of a Nation or State to enter into this treaty. If the modern state of Israel was not there, there would be no one to sign the treaty with. So yes, the modern day Israel are equated as Sodom and Gomorrah, but it was still divinely restored in 1948................FOR DESTRUCTION. The purpose of Israel right now, this hour...is for judgement during the tribulation. After only a very small handful survive (probably in Petra) they will be SAVED nationally by Jesus Christ when He returns in the Second Advent and kills 200 million UN troops and sets up shop in Jerusalem as King of kings. This is fact, no interpretation. This is surer to happen than the sun rising tomorrow. Wait and see......

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

The fairy tale analogy is apt because this is exactly what you are reciting.
None of it is based on anything but someone's imagination.
The "someone" being the people who want Christians to lay down and do nothing while "satan" (or whoever) takes over to nullify everything Jesus came and did and died for (the anti-christ).
So why are you preaching the anti-christ's mythology?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Jesus didn't do anything other than make a way for our sins to be forgiving, by placing our trust and faith in His shed blood, death, and resurrection (The Gospel). Actually, Jesus came to do three (3) specific things and accomplished all three. But for the conversation we are having, Jesus did nothing for the present world. He only made a path to Heaven spiritually.....not physically, which He will do during Eternity when God's Heavenly tabernacle will be on earth instead of the third Heaven where it is now.

And of course, you know me by now, nothing I said was my opinion or personally interpretation. It is all direct references to verses in the Holy Bible. (English Bible mind you, not the corrupt Greek texts).

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Just like I thought.
You relegate Jesus to nothing but a sacrificial animal.
Al that stuff you think about Jesus is not even in the Bible and what is there you just ignore and keep on with your Old Testament fantasy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join