It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Share Our Lunar Eclipse Photos!! 12-10-11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I haven't seen a generalized thread yet inviting ALL pictures (amature and/or professional) of the full lunar eclipse that took place this morning, so here it is! (If there is one and I missed it, feel free to shut this down mods!!)

I am in the NW corner of Washington State. We had a whole lotta fog here this morning and I didn't think I was going to get a single picture. While I had big plans for all the pics I was going to take, I am grateful for the one that I managed to get as it faded in and out of the fog:

Let's see em!!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'm all sorts of disappoint. I didn't get to see anything
I live in Northern Utah, got up at 5:30, drove out like 20 minutes from where I live to get an amazing view, and a sh*t-storm of fog bombards me. All I wanted was to see the red moon
the sunrise was gorgeous though. And the fog settling in the valley with the Mountains in the background was well worth it either way.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WienelPistor

Me too! I got a brief glimpse of the eclipse (which I was grateful for), but the sunrise through the fog was even better!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I don't have any pictures myself, but both of the pictures that you two took are absolutely beautiful!

Thanks for sharing and I hope to see more!!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
not that good but thats what i got

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

That's great!!! Thank you for sharing!

Would you mind giving a general location and was as it was going away?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Here are some pictures I took from Angeles National Forest (Los Angeles). It was an amazing experience. I took lots of pictures but I'll just post some of the best ones.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JustBreathe11

VERY cool!!!!!!!! (10 flags
)

Thanks for sharing with us!!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Great pics, thanks to all who shared.

It was cloudy here in NW Oregon, and very foggy, at least where I live, so I did not see anything, but I did not expect to.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

WOW!!

Im jealous of all of you! I live on the East coast and well I didn't get to see it. I anxiously awaited pics all day and I'm glad someone made a thread so those who saw it could share!

Love the pics! Keep 'em coming!!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by Dr UAE

That's great!!! Thank you for sharing!

Would you mind giving a general location and was as it was going away?

your most welcome my friend , i live in the UAE thats in the middle east , and by checking the sites i knew that the eclipse will start just as when the moon rises , so this picture was taken from the east , and i used my daughters camera Conan .

its a good thing that you liked it.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

I thought that you might be on the other side of the world, based on how it looked.

I used a Nikon D40...6mp. I had it on time-lapse 200

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I am in my and it's very clear out. But now I believe I missed it... I thought it was tonight around 9 pm eastern time.
It's 730. Can someone tell me if I missed it or not please..

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

No problem. The real thing was so much more magical. This was the first time I saw a lunar eclipse and it was definitely worth waking up at 3:30 am for it. Friday night there was also a winter halo or moon ring which made the whole thing that much better.

Winter Halo (below)- I took this pic on Nov 9 but last night was exactly the same

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Australia got the full view of it and it was great. I didn't get pics though.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Wait, I live in Windsor Ontario, did I miss this marvelous event!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
No photos (no camera up to the task) but I do want to make a comment relevant to a couple of the beautiful images posted....

It is only during a total lunar eclipse that you're going to get a photo of stars next to a full Moon. I've been fortunate to have seen three so far and that is the most surreal part of the experience for me. Seeing all those stars next to that orangey ball in the sky.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, I noticed that! Unfortunately I only saw it in pictures because it was too foggy for me in real life to see the stars. Very sureal. I hope I get to see it when it happens again in 2014.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I am also in the Middle East (Oman) and we had a fantastic view of this. Unfortunately, no camera in the car. But it's interesting that it was visible to so much of the world! Both the USA and the middle east saw it? Cool!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I live in the state of South Australia and we had thick cloud cover last night

Apparently it turned blood red

new topics

top topics

join