It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich Is Already Imploding!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well I knew it! It was only a matter of time before the new flavor opened his mouth and put his foot in it!

Palestinians outraged by Gingrich remarks

"Remember, there was no Palestine as a state — (it was) part of the Ottoman Empire. I think we have an invented Palestinian people who are in fact Arabs and historically part of the Arab community and they had the chance to go many places," Gingrich said, according to a video excerpt posted online.
Full Story

This guy just does not get it. It's one thing to be pro Israel but another to jump on board with these type of beliefs.
I told all of you not to worry about Ron Paul being excluded from the RJC debate. The other candidates are so desperate they will do anything and say anything without any real thought. Then again, do they have an original thought that would save this country?

Can't wait to see how the wordsmith dances around this tonight in the debate!
edit on 12/10/2011 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Someone should remind this guy of Israel's history, preferably the history of Israel in the 1930's. Oh wait........

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Who are these people? I don't recognize them, even in their fancy suits. To me, their just a bunch of lying, crooked, THIEVES! And to think, people actually VOTE, for these CLOWNS?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
hey remember when Newt had the lead and BLEW it again... he can't be the front runner he does tend to put foot in mouth..

good thing the American's memory span is only two weeks..

we already forgot that obama attacked a country without Congressional approval

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Mark my words.

If there is one thing Newt Gringrich is good at, its screwing up.
Constantly. Across Decades. Multiple Times.

What is he thinking? Does he really think he's qualified to run a country?

Newt reminds me of Bill Clinton, but creepier... when he smiles a baby somewhere dies.

edit on 10-12-2011 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

hmm thats too harsh. When he smiles a baby near him cries.
edit on 10-12-2011 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Oh dear....What ashame.....He was going to be such 'good' president aswell...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

more qualified than obama thats for sure

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Watch out for media pulling the carpet under Gingrich and attempting to prop up Perry again. Establishment voters get bored rather easily, they need tons of distractions or they won't be happy.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Nuff said..........................

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Gee, it's amazing how people jump on someone, even when that person is 100% correct.

First:
Until the League of Nations, and the British Mandate for Palestine, the country NEVER existed as an entity called Palestine Thus, Gingrich made a truthful statement.
Second: The PLO ADMITTED that Palestine never existed before the 20th Century:

Way back on March 31, 1977, the Dutch newspaper Trouw published an interview with Palestine Liberation Organization executive committee member Zahir Muhsein. Here's what he said:

The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct "Palestinian people" to oppose Zionism.

Third: Although I personally do not have much respect for Gingrich, it would be nice if people that don't like him state facts to back up their claims, not FALSE accusations.

Fourth: People should do some investigating before jumping on a thread and making assumptions, based upon lies.

Fifth: I have been off ATS for about 6 months, because I was tired of the abundance of item #4 above. It seems as if things haven't changed much in that time.

Then again, I guess "Deny Ignorance" just doesn't seem to apply to ATS any more, if it ever did.

Now people can start attacking the messenger. Have a nice day, and don't let the paranoia get the best of you. there are enough REAL problems in the world.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Good to see you back Emeritus.........

Well,I think the only fact that equates is this.

Palestine exists now. Cant take it back,cant erase it.

For as much as Iran,or those who hate Israel want to do the same thing..........

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Prof this is my problem with Newt... he has some great ideas but people HATE him because hes affiliated with Fox News and the Bush era... yeah cuz thats fair...

you are completely right

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I personally think that TPTB want a buffoon to run against President Obama. I think it will turn out to be one of 3 men...Mitt Romney, Rick Perry or Newt Gingrich. I think this may be TPTB strategy....then President Obama will be reelected....or....perhaps the trillionaire's have already picked the winner.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You're right, except the point that ol Newty is making is that the state of Israel has the legitimacy to take over Palestine's land because the Palestinians, being generally "Arab", can just go to other parts of the Middle East because all Arabs are the same. It's not true. The state of Israel displaced the people living in that area of Palestine, who we now call Palestinian, and it's unfair for the GinGrinch, I mean, Newt, to make the point that, "Oh, all Arabs are the same so they can just go somewhere else."

The rest of the article posted in the OP makes the point that the people we call Palestinian have a very strong attachment to their land and that the crux of the problem is that, after WWII, suddenly they were displaced and lost their geographical history - by legitimizing the Israeli regime in the area and the human rights abuses towards the Palestinians, Newt fails to realize that the Palestinian anger doesn't come from having nowhere to live (there are plenty of places they could go) but rather from THEIR dwelling place being taken away from them by force.
edit on 12/10/2011 by spacekc929 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Palestine exists now. Cant take it back,cant erase it.
reply to post by sonnny1

I certainly agree with that. Furthermore, I believe that given the history of the last 100 years, I believe they deserve a nation. That has always been my believe. I just don't like people to assume everything that is posted is FACT. If they're going to comment, they should make sure they check facts before making fools of themselves, and wasting members' time, responding to their comments. Why do I bother? Well, left unchecked, items like that tend to take on an air of truth, even though they are false.
A perfect example is this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

10 pages of ranting by members about a post that was 100% hoax. I took the time to make a phone call, and found out it was absolutely false. The author of a thread should have done that to begin with, especially given the following:

1.)The "story" was only reported on one website, a private one.
2.)Anyone that read it could see that, although the story said it was confirmed, was only confirmed by the same person, Caldwell, a person who had financial interest in the story. Every single "hit" on Google resulted in nothing more than quotes from the same story.
3.)Every single hit in Google had the exact same wording. One person started the hoax, and website after website picked up the exact same wording.
4.)There are enough problems with what is going on in our nation, as well as the world, to understand that we don't need people getting agitated about false stories. That can lead to riots, and people getting hurt or even killed.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

Your sig is all sorts of awesome! Made me forget what I had to say...

edit on 10-12-2011 by Luckyxfactor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Good to know you have the integrity to actually CALL the guy in question of said Hoax. Did they throw it into the Hoax bin??

And yes,Palestinians deserves a State. People should be more incensed with Newts statement,about "Arabs" in general. I can read between the lines,that hes implying they can go anywhere around Israel, without actually saying it.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The state of Israel displaced the people living in that area of Palestine,
reply to post by spacekc929

Actually, it was the UN that created the state of Israel, and placed it where it is today.
Unknown to many of you, I guess, is the fact that the same Resolution 181, ALSO created was an ARAB state, in the area in question.

I suggest people read the entire UN Resolution 181, before posting on issues such as this:

www.mfa.gov.il...

Pay special attention to this part:

PLAN OF PARTITION WITH ECONOMIC UNION Part I. - Future Constitution and Government of Palestine

Independent Arab and Jewish States and the Special International Regime for the City of Jerusalem, set forth in Part III of this Plan, shall come into existence in Palestine two months after the evacuation of the armed forces of the mandatory Power has been completed but in any case not later than 1 October 1948. The boundaries of the Arab State, the Jewish State, and the City of Jerusalem shall be as described in Parts II and III below.

The partition plan was approved by 33 to 13, with 10 abstentions.

The 33 countries that cast the “Yes” vote were: Australia, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Byelorussia, Canada, Costa Rica, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, France, Guatemala, Haiti, Iceland, Liberia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Sweden, Ukraine, Union of South Africa, USSR, USA, Uruguay, Venezuela. (Among other countries, the list includes the US, the three British Dominions, all the European countries except for Greece and the UK, but including all the Soviet-block countries.)

The 13 countries that .... voted “No” were: Afghanistan, Cuba, Egypt, Greece, India, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, Yemen.

The ten countries that abstained are: Argentina, Chile, China, Colombia, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Honduras, Mexico, United Kingdom, Yugoslavia.

I suggest that those who do not agree with what ACTUALLY happened, as opposed to made-up history, blame the countries that voted for 181.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I certainly agree with that. Personally, I favor Ron Paul, but we all know how he has been treated in the MSM.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Until the League of Nations, and the British Mandate for Palestine, the country NEVER existed as an entity called Palestine Thus, Gingrich made a truthful statement.

I would argue that both you and Gingrich are wrong on this point. "Palestina" existed all the way back to the 5th c. BC. It became part of the Islamic empire in 636 AD, then part of the Ottoman empire in 1516. To say Palestine did not exist until the UN decreed it shows the arrogance of Western nations. Did Britain not exist until the UN or League of Nations decreed it? No one in the west thinks Germany only came into existence in 1949 - the date the DDR was formally declared - we regard it's history dating back to the Germanic tribes of the bronze age.

Zionists have deluded the world into believing Palestine never existed until Great Britain carved it out of Ottoman empire, after taking it from the Egyptians. I think the Palestinian people are tired of getting knocked around like a ping-pong ball by IDIOTS from the West - specifically people like Gingrich.

"Palestine" had historically always referred to Philistines, Judeans and Samarians and Hebrews of Galilee and Perea. It wasn't until the interference of Britain in the mid-1800's that things got screwed up, and that was compounded more so after the 2nd world war.

What's taking place today is the systematic eradication of Palestinian Arabs by a small number of Israelite Zionists.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join