It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands across Russia protest poll fraud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

More than 20,000 people have already gathered on Bolotnaya Square, on an island across from the Kremlin on Saturday, after receiving permission from the authorities for the event. Russians preparing for Saturday's protests in Moscow Opposition leader Mikhail Kasyanov, who took part in the protest, said the Russian public "have run out of patience" with the current government. "Especially in large cities where people are well-educated, well-informed who understand they are not ready to tolerate such lawlessness when they are ignored and their votes are cynically stolen," Kasyanov, who is also a former Russian prime minister, added.

Thousands across Russia protest poll fraud

It seems the protest movement is gaining some momentum amongst some of the Russian population. Todays rallies were authorised and cleared by police so it seems there was a much larger turn out. Police put the number of attendees around 30000 but the organisers are claiming 60-80000.

It seems there is some serious dissatisfaction with the government in Russia, 30 thousand people is no small number, especially for a relatively spontaneous protest.

Regardless of what happens in Russia I just hope our leaders here in Britain don't go taking sides.
edit on 10-12-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I just wanna point out, they aren't all across russia.

They are strictly ONLY permitted to protest in certain spots the government aproves. Anyone who attempts to protest anywhere else is arrested no questions.

That is a Totalitarian "Democracy" if I ever saw one.....

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Its all happening like modern warfare said it would

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

John McCain Would love nothing more then to see Putin downfall

since John McCain has a long history of anti russian statements.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
I just wanna point out, they aren't all across russia.

They are strictly ONLY permitted to protest in certain spots the government aproves. Anyone who attempts to protest anywhere else is arrested no questions.

That is a Totalitarian "Democracy" if I ever saw one.....

Well we also have a Totalitarian Democracy its always the elites who win people Cameron, Harper Obama Clintion they are all the same, Its never that peoples candidate that gets elected.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Here's a few videos and pictures from RT (RussiaToday)

Edit - Here's Al-Jazeera's take on it

edit on 10-12-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

that doesnt look like 60000 or 3000 that looks qutie small rather.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Is John McCain running against Putin?

I mean Putin got 99.48% of the vote in Chechnya recently.
Whats the problem here?

Oh yeah...

John McCain

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Oh, it is just McCain and family,maybe few CIA agents. No real Russians are there.
I mean ,even

The police say many protesters have left Bolotnaya Square, but estimate that some 15,000 people remain at the location.

rt.com...
from state-controlled propaganda media Russia Today should not shatter your faith.

edit on 10-12-2011 by ZeroKnowledge because: fpelling

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Is John McCain running against Putin?

I mean Putin got 99.48% of the vote in Chechnya recently.
Whats the problem here?

Oh yeah...

John McCain

On Dec. 5, McCain, who has over 1.7 million Twitter followers, tweeted: "Dear Vlad, The #ArabSpring is coming to a neighborhood near you,"

Funny thing is he deleted that post of his on twitter since it was to hot to handle.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

Oh, it is just McCain and family,maybe few CIA agents. No real Russians are there.
I mean ,even

The police say many protesters have left Bolotnaya Square, but estimate that some 15,000 people remain at the location.

rt.com...
from state-controlled propaganda media Russia Today should not shatter your faith.

edit on 10-12-2011 by ZeroKnowledge because: fpelling

Your Calling RussiaToday state controlled propaganda media? and CNN,MSNBC,ABC,PBS,FOX they are all pentagon,washington controlled propaganda media.

What makes you think the western media arent also a propaganda media?

Well not CIA Agents but definitely western NGOs like the NED.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

And so? The newly unleceted prime misnters of italy and greece didnt win in any election they were just selected so howcome there were no protests on that?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Surely this cannot be true as it is not being reported on RT.com (having just looked), the state run news network which is oft quoted on ATS.

The hopes for Russia when the Soviet Union collapsed have been frustrated by a political class who have moved Russia further back into autocracy. Many Russians are not prepared to be hood-winked by a pseudo democratic process and are beginning to draw a line in the sand.

Whether these protests will produce change is questionable as Putin has been very successful in embedding himself as the RT.com demonstrates.

Regards

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Oh, come on man...

The Russians are not THAT feeble minded that a "Twitter" message would make people come out in the tens of thousands in opposition.
There are obviously some issues running much deeper and not right in Moscow. The Russians just like other people all over the world have come out in opposition and are demonstrating how they feel about THEIR Government.

Yes, Here too in the US.

edit on 10-12-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Oh, come on man...

The Russians are not THAT feeble minded that a "Twitter" message would make people come out in the tens of thousands in opposition.
There are obviously some issues running much deeper and not right in Moscow. The Russians just like other people all over the world have come out in opposition and are demonstrating how they feel about THEIR Government.

Yes, Here too in the US.

edit on 10-12-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

THAT feeble minded that a "Twitter" message would make people come out in the tens of thousands in opposition

Yes you could when you have connections with the NED they have been known to meddle in affairs of other countries remember the ukraine elections? the NED sure had a qutie following there.

Here you go.
NED Stance

Yeah i can see how that feel worked here in north america people didnt care to protest rather just feasting up there faces with junk food while watching the X Factor.

And watching the western news network friendly fake smile news anchors, i guess if they dont smile they dont sell there lie or story right?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Yeah i can see how that feel worked here in north america people didnt care to protest rather just feasting up there faces with junk food while watching the X Factor.

So this comparison proves what?

Some Russians are out in the streets just like tens of thousands around the world have been doing. [Which I've read your numerous replies in support of the protesters when it happens in Western Countries] but when it happens in Mother Russia it's obviously a CIA/John McPain conspiracy....

And watching the western news network friendly fake smile news anchors, i guess if they dont smile they dont sell there lie or story right?

First off I'll have to take your word on that. I hardly ever watch the Media News, Secondly and more importantly. What News reports I've seen from RT here at ATS they appear to also have some female HOTTIES hosting the News.

Coincidence?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

So this comparison proves what?

Some Russians are out in the streets just like tens of thousands around the world have been doing. [Which I've read your numerous replies in support of the protesters when it happens in Western Countries] but when it happens in Mother Russia it's obviously a CIA/John McPain conspiracy....

First off I'll have to take your word on that. I hardly ever watch the Media News, Secondly and more importantly. What News reports I've seen from RT here at ATS they appear to also have some female HOTTIES hosting the News.

Coincidence?

Ah like the blondie HOTTIES on FOX News every week? or somewhat hotties on CNN? i guess we agree on that a bit.

the protesters when it happens in Western Countries] but when it happens in Mother Russia it's obviously a CIA/John McPain conspiracy....

And it isnt because? its a fact that America always targeted russia for its massive wide range of resources, its always about the resources & control.

Let me ask you just what kind of democracy do you want the russians to have? you want russia to became something like georgia is with its american tie eating puppet? or do you want the commies to return? the russians are better off with putin after all he did help the russian economy when he was in office.

new topics

top topics

join