It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space junk: My amazing theory.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
As I awoke a great insight [Mr. humble!] came to me. Space junk is not the scourge of modern Earth; it is more likely an effective defence against aliens and attacking UFOs.

Picture it: Mr Nasty from Caprica leaps to Earth to attack and BOOM he zaps himself banging into space junk.

Space junk: A man made, cheap defence against UFO attack and left in orbit on purpose.

en.wikipedia.org...
ebris-GEO1280.jpg

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Hmm, that link should take you through to a picture of space junk flyinga round the earth.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I would have thought any civilization that had mastered interstellar travel, would have the navigation skills, or appropriate weapons to avoid/vaporize, our puny obstacles.

From what I have read, some UFO's have been fired on, (with what, there is only speculation) and according to some reports, successfully.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soapusmaximus
I would have thought any civilization that had mastered interstellar travel, would have the navigation skills, or appropriate weapons to avoid/vaporize, our puny obstacles.

From what I have read, some UFO's have been fired on, (with what, there is only speculation) and according to some reports, successfully.

I half a gree, but I would bet that some UFO's are only just ahead of us; say, 100 years or so.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Maybe a better link

orbitaldebris.jsc.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

I have another theory on the same subject.
Think about this, every orbit his its own speed. So if all launches where done in the same direction, there would hardly be a problem. This is the most logical thing to do, using the Earth rotation as a extra speed booster.
However some rockets were launched in the opposite direction. You need a bigger rocket.
It is this junk that is so dangerous.
edit on 10/12/11 by Pokoia because: I made a mistake in logic

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
A sign post to Earth? Interesting. there must be a reason for the numbers.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Would have been a feasible idea except we launch robotic missions to other worlds and locations not to mention low orbit manned flights and fly through the junkyard after calculating the probabilities of collisions. We've even had some crafts whisk around the rings of other planets so it seems that space debris can be avoided so as to not cause damage to spacecraft and life when we leave or return to planet side.

Good idea though, and that's what makes space travel possible. imagination and new ideas along with science create the reality of today's missions. I'm sure everyone had an idea that got shot down or hotly debated before but never let it stop you from coming up with them and discussing them with others.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dcmb1409
Would have been a feasible idea except we launch robotic missions to other worlds and locations not to mention low orbit manned flights and fly through the junkyard after calculating the probabilities of collisions. We've even had some crafts whisk around the rings of other planets so it seems that space debris can be avoided so as to not cause damage to spacecraft and life when we leave or return to planet side.

Good idea though, and that's what makes space travel possible. imagination and new ideas along with science create the reality of today's missions. I'm sure everyone had an idea that got shot down or hotly debated before but never let it stop you from coming up with them and discussing them with others.

HAHAHA, do i detect a mild 'you idiot' in your reply??

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Wow....that's a lot of stuff...floating up there. First, we litter our planet....and now...we surround it, with MORE junk? What are we doing, people? What ARE WE DOING???

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
Maybe a better link

orbitaldebris.jsc.nasa.gov...

Here's a pretty scary scenario....what were to happen, if somehow, this junk, was to fall out of orbit? Would they burn up...as they approached land...or would they come-a-crashin' down. If they didn't burn up....wouldn't it look like the sky was falling? Imagine, if all that space junk, startled hurtling towards earth.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
There is a possibility for space junk to reach such density, but we are not there yet. And hopefully we will avoid it, because it would render the orbit unusable for us too.
Kessler syndrome

Interesting idea to use it as a planetary defense against aliens, never thought about that.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
There is a possibility for space junk to reach such density, but we are not there yet. And hopefully we will avoid it, because it would render the orbit unusable for us too.
Kessler syndrome

Interesting idea to use it as a planetary defense against aliens, never thought about that.

Cheers!!

new topics

top topics

join