It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATTENTION ALL BLOG OWNERS!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I enjoy my blog, magestica enjoys magestica's blog.

I'll post in my blog if the "temporarily disabled" comments are enabled.

Lord! You give a cryptic reply like this and I am supposed to read your mind? Looked to me like yet another "naysayer" comment. Why not just a "Hey, I intend to get to it in the next day or so". I know you don't have that much problem with written communication when you WANT to.

Yet, I even gave you (an nobody else) a specific note on this thread that you were in danger of losing your blog. What did you do? Nothing, until it was gone. Is this online drama THAT important to you?

Anyway, I guess I'll diffuse the bomb now (how's that for service?)
Your blog and Magestica's are now back completely. Update time?

What I have received instead is symptomatic of the problem with how some of you choose to initiate, escalate or in general deal with conflict.

I'd say the only antagonisting conflict is your approach. Catch more flies with honey and all that? How about a post "Lost my blog, can I get it back". How about "Gosh, didn't update in time can I get some help?"

There are sooooo many options to the approach you had, it's not funny. Seems you would rather use a sarcastic/oblique approach to drive a point home. That way when your called on it...it can just be resolve with "I was kidding".

I'm sure you and others here will be able to see who took the reasonable, understanding, be-the-bigger-person approach...and who did not.

Enjoy your Blog.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thanks for deleting mine...it's a "virtual weight off my virtual shoulders"

I'm sorry for the extra effort exerted by the staff for me to simply do nothing with it...I know you guys have been busy with enough other stuff around here...

I "sort of" tried to get the jest of the coding a couple times but my brain just crapped out...if I could have gotten that, I would have been active with my blog, but I don't like doing things half-assed - or at least not all the time - so thanks for the opportunity, but I'm glad it's not there anymore - lol

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
A fleeting visit. Thank you for reinstating the blogs.

I will check on mine later in the week.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Only WHINING for attention and drama... PITIFUL...

m...

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Springer just said a mouthful!

Who knows if he read the various contributions to the topic, understood the problem, or thanked the Mod concerned for attending to it?

For some, there is no winning, even when a problem is solved. Only turning up late after the horse has bolted, to make an ignorant pronouncement.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar For some, there is no winning, even when a problem is solved. Only turning up late after the horse has bolted, to make an ignorant pronouncement.
And what should we say for a member who thought it appropriate to initiate opportunistically spiteful comments over a free blog they have not contributed to, nor inquired about for six months?

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Say whatever you please, and let members believe what they will from reading the contents of this thread and whatever else. I think we are adult enough to determine how to express ourselves.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Say whatever you please, and let members believe what they will from reading the contents of this thread and whatever else. I think we are adult enough to determine how to express ourselves.

Ah, cryptic and still unnecessary. Noticed you waited until SO logged off.
Believe me, you don't want to know what the members think.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I am not one for sticking my nose into other peoples business however, if its out in the open its fair game for criticism.

This disagreement does not need to be discussed here. These grievances should be taken up via U2U or another forum out of the eyesight of new or potentially new ATS members. This is not the environment that we wish to portray and I would hope that all involved would realize this and move on or at the very least carry the discussion elsewhere.

[edit on 9-9-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Oy ve!

Man, such drama over something small like a blog.

SO, any reason you chose pMachine over the LiveJournal source?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I've been trying to figure out how to set up a ATS blog for a little while now, kind of tired of waiting for an email answer, does anyone know how I can set up my blog or do I need to email Zion or Netchicken again?

Your help is appreciated.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Your help is appreciated.

Jakomo, you have a u2u from me.

<< 1  2   >>

join