It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATTENTION ALL BLOG OWNERS!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Ohh look at that he's now appealing for support for his whine

Time to stamp that little foot and flounce off in a hissy fit?
What will our primadonna do next?

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Perhaps other people would be quite aggrieved by this treatment also, but that is for them to determine and for the people that make decisions about how members of ATS ought to be treated and how they ought to treat each other to determine.

[edit on 7-9-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Wow, I don't know what to say Netchicken except for that is incredibly rude and disrespectful. I know you like to call people by names and generalizations man, but what's the problem.

MA has a grievance so let them speak, enough with this censor through intimidation junk. Even if the claims have no credence, MA wouldn't be here speaking if there wasn't something enjoyable about ATS. Your praise should be the success of this board, not that of the members.

But, perhaps I'm looking into your comments too much lol,

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Ohh look at that he's now appealing for support for his whine

Time to stamp that little foot and flounce off in a hissy fit?
What will our primadonna do next?

Thanks NC.

I don't need to appeal for support, but I am sure this style of response from you helps people to be aware of the problem! People can take this as they see it. I don't feel vulnerable to your insults either, but I've quoted your one above for posterity's sake.

Is anyone prepared to address the issues raised in the "prima donna's" "hissy fit" or no?

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
In the past, prior to changes being made ie; u2u deletions etc..members were notified well in advance. Why this time is any different is beyond me.

I haven't updated my blog, that's true, but I might have considered if I had known ahead of time that If I didn't, it would be removed. No notice, just gone, not good business in my opinion. Anyway, I would have appreciated the chance to save the comments made in my blog, I'm sentimental like that

*Just goes to show, that even long standing dedicated members who've provided some unique quality posts, worked on the DISC, judged on some of the debates, was involved in one of the very first team debates, went through the WITD crap, both April fools pranks, befriended some, made enemies with few, spoke personally to some members and mods, went through the DR episode, went through an unfair post ban etc etc.. all that and much much more, and not even a notice of removal of blog*

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Well hello.

And thank you for your INDEPENDENT view of what staff have done, it's much appreciated by this member.

*I'm on the phone on a business matter. Home soon masked one. *

[edit on 8-9-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
You are Jamuhn. What was an attempt by me to counter MS's whining and posturing, has come across badly. Never mind.

If MA has a grievence then he knows the avenues to get them resolved, and bitching in a thread designed to raise awareness of the upcoming changes is not the place.

Whilst Magestica catalogues a list of MA's positive attributes, with rose colored glasses, there are others who see them very differently. You have to ask why suddenly all this fuss at this time when he has not attempted to update or care for his blog until this now?

Originally posted by Jamuhn
But, perhaps I'm looking into your comments too much lol,

[edit on 8-9-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
NC

Sorry bud, but magestica was not singing my praises at all.

Not at all.

She catalogued her own valuable contribution to ATS.

This is not coming across well from you, is it?

All I asked was for the Comments section in my blog to be enabled so people could respond to posts. At the time I posted that I expected to be able to use my Blog, like many other blog writers who have not updated in well over 120 days, and who still can. I am not sure why the MaskedAvatar and magestica blogs were singled out for deletion. That would be worthy of addressing.

What I have received instead is symptomatic of the problem with how some of you choose to initiate, escalate or in general deal with conflict.

It's all available to read in this Topic. Most of it is attitudinal. I hope these things can be corrected in all the protagonists.

Originally posted by Netchicken
You have to ask why suddenly all this fuss at this time when he has not attempted to update or care for his blog until this now?

There was hardly notice given that blogs were to be removed, and someone chose to remove ours.

Actually, the two members concerned may have been interested to share a little bit of news about recent life, events, plans and photos of nuptual ceremonies, but it would seem that there will be more hospitable environments for that.

Cheers!

[edit on 8-9-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

XL5

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I think that the mods who deleted and censored replys are acting like bad cops who "get" the people who stand out or stand up for thier rights (like protesters), the ones who stay silent are not punished when a freedom is taken away (only an example). 120 is really fair but I agree with MA that having little or no warning is heavy handed. Now I don't know the full situation, what was said or the time line but if the "posting holiday" was very recent then I can understand.

That many points should be worth something! 100 points for a new smiley or to un-delete blogs or time sensitive stuff for a few days.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
Now I don't know the full situation, what was said or the time line but if the "posting holiday" was very recent then I can understand.

Right, and it was before my time too. Maybe we should leave well enough alone.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magestica In the past, prior to changes being made ie; u2u deletions etc..members were notified well in advance. Why this time is any different is beyond me.
I suppose we can assume any member who has not cared to update their blog in 120 days cares not to. Simple. I think we've been exceptionally forgiving, given we've warned that blogs with no new entries in 90 days might be removed without warning.

Originally posted by Magestica I haven't updated my blog, that's true, but I might have considered if I had known ahead of time that If I didn't, it would be removed.
It's been in the guidelines on your log-in page.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar 1. As I thought you were aware, I was not banned. My posting was censored however, and I had an extended enforced holiday without posting priviliges for a well-publicised crack about an avatar.
It's unclear what's causing your present state of delusional denial, but you were indeed banned. At first, just a posting ban while an apology was asked for and never received. Then, an outright membership ban. You spent some time negotiating with Kano to reinstate your membership... despite appearances, your ability to post here seems valuable to you... why didn't you put forth the same effort to get your blog in order? Opportunistic attention grabbing through stylishly timely grousing.

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar Perhaps other people would be quite aggrieved by this treatment also, but that is for them to determine and for the people that make decisions about how members of ATS ought to be treated and how they ought to treat each other to determine.
Perhaps ownership/management of this domain would be quite aggrieved by this thankless display of attention grabbing also, but that is for us to determine and for the members that make this board what it is to decide how to treat the people that expend time, effort, and expense to make it the most popular destination of it's kind. After all... it takes two. And it seems as though generally, people are somewhat pleased: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
After all... it takes two.

And it seems as though generally, people are somewhat pleased:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I agree wholeheartedly, and it is good to see a healthy level of satisfaction with the efforts here.

Can we have our blogs back?

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I never figured out how to get one........
so, don't really care.....

unless of course, someone wishes to fill me in??

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

Go here:

[edit on 9-8-2004 by theshadowknows]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
You can remove mine. I thought that I would be able to update it more than I have but life is a bit busy right now so feel free to remove it and give it to someone who can make better use of it.

[edit on 8-9-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I for one would not like to see MA & SO together on the Big Brother show.

With their obvious clash in personalities it could get nasty watching them do everything possible to gain alliances to get the other one voted off.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I'm assuming you probably have already removed mine as it has not been updated in many many moons, but if not, please do so.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows

Originally posted by dawnstar

Go here:

[edit on 9-8-2004 by theshadowknows]

thanks!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Blogs that have not been updated in the past 120 days are now subject to removal.

The list is getting a bit crazy, and many of the blogs have no new content.

The blog is my favorite ATS extra. People get to work. It's embarassing when I have the last 2 blogs and they are 2 days apart. By the way SO, can I blog about people not blogging?

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates By the way SO, can I blog about people not blogging?
Please do! The 90 day grace period has been in the blog guidelines for a long time... sheesh... I thought making it 120 days was being nice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join