It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto lost again ! - Transgenics Banned in Peru.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I guess Monsanto hasn't been able to corrupt the Peruvian government to the extent that they have the government of the United States.

Phil Angell, Monsanto's director of corporate communications (referring to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration) explained the company's regulatory philosophy to Michael Pollan in 1998: "Monsanto should not have to vouchsafe the safety of biotech food. Our interest is in selling as much of it as possible. Assuring its safety is FDA's job."

Now, look who's a senior adviser on food safety at the FDA.

Former Monsanto lobbyist Michael R. Taylor was appointed as a senior adviser to the Food and Drug Administration (United States) Commissioner on food safety on 7 July 2009.[115]

Other examples of government employees who used to work for Monsanto:

Public officials formerly employed by Monsanto Justice Clarence Thomas worked as an attorney for Monsanto in the 1970s. Thomas wrote the majority opinion in the 2001 Supreme Court decision J. E. M. Ag Supply, Inc. v. Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.|J. E. M. AG SUPPLY, INC. V. PIONEER HI-BREDINTERNATIONAL, INC.[116] which found that "newly developed plant breeds are patentable under the general utility patent laws of the United States." This case benefitted all companies which profit from genetically modified crops, of which Monsanto is the largest.[29][117][116] Michael R. Taylor was an assistant to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) commissioner before he left to work for a law firm on gaining FDA approval of Monsanto’s artificial growth hormone in the 1980s. Taylor then became deputy commissioner of the FDA from 1991 to 1994.[29] Taylor was later re-appointed to the FDA in August 2009 by President Barack Obama.[118] Dr. Michael A. Friedman was a deputy commissioner of the FDA before he was hired as a senior vice president of Monsanto.[29] Linda J. Fisher was an assistant administrator at the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) before she was a vice president at Monsanto from 1995 to 2000. In 2001, Fisher became the deputy administrator of the EPA.[29] Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld was chairman and chief executive officer of G. D. Searle & Co., which Monsanto purchased in 1985. Rumsfeld personally made at least $12 million USD from the transaction.[29]

Source:en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

I am not wrong, you need to expand your vision to other aspects besides those you considered to make such a claim. It is a mistake to focus only in what mankind believe or believe can control, like financial speculations. That is not the 100%.

Let me give you a clear example, dinosaurs dominated the planet earth, then something unexpected happened and they are not here anymore.

Another good example is what is expected to happen with the sun soon or later.

One last one, Japan won't be the same after Fukushima which had been built by mankind, an unexpected factor provided by Mother Nature came to change the way we see nuclear energy.

To keep your mind open means you have to leave some room for the unthinkable. That is a weapon that monsanto-like corporations uses against us too.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think you got that right. Monsanto is what it is thanks to the support given to them. With all respect for that institution, I don't trust in what FDA tells me I can eat.

In Peru you are FREE TO EAT in the most natural way, without any intervention. Hunting, fishing, grow veggies in the yard or just collect food from a natural source is perfectly normal.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I've got $5 that says Peru will experience a severe drought for 10 years and will be starved into begging for Monsanto's GMO seeds.

HAARP and other Radio transmitters such as the "Trans World Radio" will be beaming energy at them to make their crops fail, weather bad, and land infertile. They've even got assets in space to beam microwaves at Earth to make crops fail.

It all started when Ronald Reagan made the Federal Agencies create Trust Funds to create money to operate off of and pay their retirees.

Monsanto + Trans World Radio who took the old Nazi high power radio towers/technology......I see the match. How does Trans World Radio have allllll that money to run those millions of watts of radio transmitters around the world?

.....Weather/Agriculture Warfare.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I don't believe HAARP has the capacity to do that. I do believe big weather alterations had been happening lately, but these changes and/or phenomena are part of a cicle. Gov is using HAARP to cover that (and avoid giving alarming explanations), at the same time they create an illusion of a super weapon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join