It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto lost again ! - Transgenics Banned in Peru.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
HAHA !....let me start laughing in Monsantos face.

I knew this one was coming up a few days ago, but I just wanted to wait until becomes official.

Peruvian govenrment got them out for TEN YEARS, with a moratory passed by congressman, now the executive branch just need to sign it in less than 60 days.

I hope our congressmen here can read that and see what can be done when lawmakers have big "pelotas".

The law had been already published by the official peruvian newspaper.

Yes, of course is in spanish.

www.mocicc.org...

Prohibit the entry and production of transgenic. The ban will protect the country's biodiversity. Congressmen and leaders are in favor of the measure. The Executive has 60 days to enact the law.

Justice was served. The battle for the defense of the country's biodiversity was the winner despite the current Agriculture Minister Miguel Caillaux, recommended to the Executive observe the law that stops the entrance to Living Modified Organisms (GMO).

The Government's decision was swift and yesterday over the law that established the moratorium on GM in national territory for a period of ten years. The autograph of law was approved on November 3 by the full Congress.

As pointed out by Law No. 29811, the purpose of the moratorium is to strengthen national capacities, develop infrastructure and create baselines for native biodiversity to enable a proper assessment of the activities of environmental release of GMOs.

However, the law excludes LMOs intended for research purposes in confined spaces for this purpose.

They may also enter LMOs used as pharmaceuticals and veterinary products that are governed by international treaties to which Peru is a signatory. In addition, the LMO products there of imported for direct food purposes or for human and animal processing.

www.larepublica.pe...

There is an exception for some GMOs for pharmaceuticals and veterinary products.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Thank you Peru for adding your voice to the small but growing list of countries that want nothing to do with Franken Foods! I can guarantee it is a decision you will not regret.

FTW! Thanks OP

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

EXCELLENT news.

Yeah Peru! And whatever you call them - "pelotas," cajones, whatever - I sure hope our lawmakers get some soon.

S&F&

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
More and more countries are coming to the realization that Monsanto's plans are money based, with the goal of bringing the agricultural industry to it's knees, dependent on one, and only one supplier of infertile seeds to feed their nation.

Talk about a drug dealers ultimate dream. I can only pray, the rest of the world comes to it's senses before it's too late.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I got an english version here :

www.rawstory.com...

The bill, approved late Thursday, now goes to President Ollanta Humala to be signed into law. Humala, who has been in power since late July, has repeatedly said he opposes GM programs.

According to the Agriculture Ministry, Peru is one of the world’s leading exporters of organic food, including coffee and cocoa, with $3 billion a year in revenues and 40,000 certified producers.

edit on 10-12-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Nice to see, however if I were in Peru I would prefer a full ban on anything not natural. I believe there is a cure for everything without the need for introducing any GMO organism into society. I also believe in supersymetry for every organism there is an equal opposite. Hence for every illness there is a cure.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

According to your thoughts, you would be happy in Peru. Overthere, you can have your own cow or goat in the backyard if it is big enough. Just imagine the rest.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Unfortunately they are still being exposed to the TRUE DANGER.

Pesticide. Pesticide. Pesticide.
^Cancer Causer. Polinator-Extincter. Eco-System-Crusher^

Pesticide is the real serpent, the real danger. Far more dangerous than any GMO. Pesticide is Poison, and farmers spray massive amounts on the crops YOU EAT.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This is great news for Peru and the United states as we get much of our
vegetables from there. I hate Monsanto frakenfood corp.
But it still has to clear a few more hurdles to become official..
this will depend just how deep the monsanto claws can go..
As a car salesman once told me, "It aint sold till its burnin gas down the road and the check
is in the bank"

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

My country Bolivia also banned transgenic food, we don't trust anything genetically modified, u should do the same americans

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by elpistolero1

I wish it was that easy, I am a Chef so I buy natural whenever I can. I know it is more expensive but I would rather spend the money and have nutritious food than waste my money on garbage like cable. To eat healthy and support non-gmo food is a choice people consciously have to make but we Americans are just lazy, which is why fast food is so damn popular. It's true, you are what you eat!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Way to go Peru!

Monsanto is sure taking a beating lately, and I say good.

The Peruvian Prime Minister resigned today, I hope it's unrelated.

Peru’s Prime Minister Salomon Lerner resigns: report

The France ban was appealed and overturned, so France had to take matters into their own hands. I hope the Peruvian ban sticks.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Go Peru! Glad they are standing up for themselves. Now they can grow food for free like it should be!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
We havent gotten rid of that company yeet. I don't mind the technology if it is used carefully and controlled. But Monsanto is not carefull and controlled according to the information I have read. From my point of view they are totally out of control and need to be stopped.

They are an example of how the Us Corperations dictates what laws and regulations the US should have and I don't want that power in a hands of people who only are after money. And US is using it's political influence to make other contries accept Monsanto:s products where the reserach sometimes seems to be wrong on how dangerous it is to the nature around it. When they can get people fired in other contries because the research the product and find it unsafe then the corruption is spread wide.

Monsanto have destroyed it's reputation totally and if they came forward with a wonderful breakthrought I would still not belive in it and be sure there was a hidden venom in the product. They should do the world a favor and close down shop so that the people can work on the research on other companies instead. Since I know they are connected to other companies their exsistance make me question the whole industri and that is not good for the research into the genes.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
But it still has to clear a few more hurdles to become official..
this will depend just how deep the monsanto claws can go..

That's what worries me a bit. They are very powerful and are not going to like this.

I assume they would have known this was a possibility and have a plan B up their sleeves.

Still, one small step for humanity...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

You are right, Monsanto is not dead and they won't give up, but this news are important because it shows monsanto is vulnerable, more countries are opening their eyes and joining us. I believe in ten more years, monsanto won't be a threat anymore, that's when the moratory will expire.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by apushforenlightment

You are right, Monsanto is not dead and they won't give up, but this news are important because it shows monsanto is vulnerable, more countries are opening their eyes and joining us. I believe in ten more years, monsanto won't be a threat anymore, that's when the moratory will expire.

You are wrong. Monsanto will be around long after we are all gone, they have been here long before.

Producing seed is very important, honorable even, since there is such a huge demand for food.. Unfortunately the seed Provider in Question, Monsanto, is actually a Chemical Company. Selling pesticides. They make billions from it. Pesticides are way worse than any GMO, how many times do I have to say it?

When food prices go Up, Monsanto makes more money. They aren't going anywhere

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

For information about Monsanto locations, select the country of interest from the list. North / Central America Canada Website|Locations Guatemala Locations Mexico Website|Locations Puerto Rico Website|Locations United States Website|Locations South America Argentina Website|Locations Brazil Website|Locations Chile Locations Colombia Website|Locations Ecuador Website|Locations Paraguay Locations Peru Website|Locations Uruguay Locations Europe Albania Locations Belarus Locations Belgium Locations Bulgaria Locations Croatia Locations Cyprus Locations Czech Republic Website|Locations Denmark Website|Locations Finland Locations France Website|Locations Germany Website|Locations Greece Locations Hungary Website|Locations Ireland Locations Italy Website|Locations Netherlands Locations Norway Locations Poland Website|Locations Portugal Locations Romania Website|Locations Russia Locations Slovakia Website|Locations Spain Website|Locations Sweden Website|Locations Switzerland Locations Turkey Locations Ukraine Locations United Kingdom Website|Locations Middle East Israel Locations Jordan Locations Kuwait Locations Oman Locations United Arab Emirates Locations Asia / Pacific Australia Website|Locations Bangladesh Locations China Website|Locations India Website|Locations Indonesia Website|Locations Japan Website|Locations Kazakhstan Locations Malaysia Locations New Zealand Locations Pakistan Website|Locations Philippines Website|Locations Singapore Website|Locations South Korea Website|Locations Sri Lanka Locations Taiwan Locations Thailand Website|Locations Uzbekistan Locations Vietnam Website|Locations Africa Algeria Locations Kenya Website|Locations Malawi Locations Morocco Locations Senegal Locations South Africa Website| Locations Zimbabwe Locations

www.monsanto.com...

So many locations, so little support, what will they do next? Disguise their demon seeds and sell them as organic? Then blame the weather on crop failures and nonviable seed each subsequent year?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Wanted to share something this thread lead me to discover, wow, not sure if I have read this before but OMG.

1901 John F. Queeny founds the original Monsanto. His wife was Olga Monsanto Queeny. The first product of that company was saccharine.

Some mega threads right here in this link:

www.monsanto.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Wanted to share something this thread lead me to discover, wow, not sure if I have read this before but OMG.

1901 John F. Queeny founds the original Monsanto. His wife was Olga Monsanto Queeny. The first product of that company was saccharine.

Some mega threads right here in this link:

www.monsanto.com...

Lol I just said that in my post! THEY ARE A CHEMICAL COMPANY! Always have been. GMOs are safe, especially when compared to how dangerous the PESTICIDE we spray on our crops is! Farmers spray massive amounts of pesticides that cause cancer on the crops you eat!!! Thats the true conspiracy from my point of view...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join